Texas State is stomping Houston

LongJim

Is Houston that bad or Texas State that good?

I'd guess that it's a bit of both. Houston isn't nearly as good as their fans think, the team underestimated TX State, TSU is a bit better than the world thinks, and they played game of their life.

That Texas State sure is an embarrassment aren't they?

So glad they were never added to the Sunbelt while we were in it. Wright Waters knew what he was doing all along ignoring them for sure!

And that Dennis Francione! Pfffffffffffft!!! What a wasted has been he is.

Rick

Dennis Francione when he was first at TSU-SM in the early 1990's was said to have all but been at begging stage for our North Texas HFC job before we told him "NO" and continued our multi-decade amd most uncanny un'Midas touch of hiring HFC's in Denton. So yes...we said no to Coach Fran and picked, uh..................... Dennis Parker.

Francione was on many of this board's poster's top of the list "most wanted" early on in our search before Coach Mac was picked. So yes (again)....Coach Fran who wanted our job once again received another stiff arm and a big fat "NO" from North Texas' HFC hiring experts.

For the sake of our school and its football program, we really, really, really do need Dan McCarney to suceed for more reasons than one now. I think he has the support of most of us, but one has to wonder and even think "what if" we would have hired Dennis Francione the first time before we chose Dennis Parker instead?

Nothing so profound with this, but who you hire can really make or break your athletic program--from top to bottom, across the board and decade to decade since that extended timeline seems to be at UNT our barometer of how and what we're doing . Winning is normally the main criteria at most NCAA FBS schools.

GMG!

Addendum: Sadly for TSU-SM, few in the Lone Star State will schedule them and they will continue in the role we know so well of being the "only' Sun Belt football member in Texas with no local rival in sight. UTSA will eventually drop TSU-SM from their future football schedule since the Road Runners now have other Texas-based rivals. You almost have to feel sorry for the Bobcats if not for the fact that we have played a similar role for way too long ourselves.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm not shocked that Texas State won, but I am a bit shocked at the score. As I wrote back in Febuary, Texas State has recruited well the past few years. They recruited 11 three star players (rivals) last year alone. We should find out how good they are this week as they host Texas Tech. We should also find out more about Houston as they play Louisiana Tech. If Hunter Lee has a big game then Houston has problems. Now tell me again how Hunter Lee had no offers and walked on at Louisiana Tech last year? 650 yds 4.8 per carry and 13 catches for 126 yds as a freshman.

• Upvote 1

I was at the first half of this game and UH looked pathetic. Piland absolutely has no touch on his passes. Every throw was a bullet and unfortunatley for UH those bullets were at their receivers legs.

Also Texas State ran at will against UH. Their defense looked lost and bad. They could not make a tackle to save it is life.

Texas State looked good but most of all UH looked bad, really bad.

We definitely have a shot to win that game.

Don't under estimate Texas State- they have a nice option running attack w/ their QB and RB. They kept UH off balance all game.

FWIW- UH fans are in complete melt down mode.

Hahaha, serves them right for being so obnoxious about leaving the "worthless new C USA". Enjoy the Big East guys!!...I see 3-9 seasons in your future with marquee games against West Virg...I mean Pi....Syrac......UCF. UCF.