TXA live at Apogee tonight

Cowtown

Would be a good time to coincide with a student spirit event to show DFW we got it going on at North Texas......oh wait, never mind.

Rick

I don't understand why you even get involved in anything if you have nothing positive to say about this program, EVER.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

I don't understand why you even get involved in anything if you have nothing positive to say about this program, EVER.

It's not the program that he is negative about, it's some of the people who are in charge of it.

And until such time as when you have completely re-built one of our major spirit icons, and hold practice every year so that the talons know how to shoot it, you might be in a position to be critical of FFR.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 18

It's not the program that he is negative about, it's some of the people who are in charge of it.

And until such time as when you have completely re-built one of our major spirit icons, and hold practice every year so that the talons know how to shoot it, you might be in a position to be critical of FFR.

I'd also like to add that you can't be critical of FFR unless you at least donate at the Platinum level to the MGC. If you don't meet any of those prerequisites, then keep your mouth shut.

/Sarcasm.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Would be a good time to coincide with a student spirit event to show DFW we got it going on at North Texas......oh wait, never mind.

Rick

I'm really sorry about what i'm going to say, if this program is not doing good or something, or it is not strong enough; keep in mind that it is like that because of people and fans like you.

North Texas needs support support support in everything; Donations, joining the club, promoting,talking positive, proud fans, proud alums and people who would die for their school.

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm really sorry about what i'm going to say, if this program is not doing good or something, or it is not strong enough; keep in mind that it is like that because of people and fans like you.

North Texas needs support support support in everything; Donations, joining the club, promoting,talking positive, proud fans, proud alums and people who would die for their school.

Go Mean Green

Ironically, you described FireFightnRick.

For some reason though, on this message board, he likes to call out the bad things that are happening... I think it's an attempt to help, but it's really only causing strife within the hardcore fans. We've already lost some great posters/friends with this mindset. We're all on the same team though. Are there things that can be done differently? Maybe, but that doesn't mean things are horrible at UNT. We've still got a long way to go. The same apathy that alumns feel to the football program is the same apathy we often charge Denton with, and the students as well.

For the record, I think we are on a very fast track versus where we were even when the NO Bowl streak was occurring. I think the GOOD things Rick & the staff are doing far outweigh the bad things.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Go Mean Green

Yep. Complaining does nothing. Solutions are welcomed though.

• Upvote 3

By that logic, how can Rick be critical of the Athletic Department since he has never worked for one?

• Upvote 4

So, Grant, sum up the athletic dept. in your mind. It sounds that you are just fine with what's happening there?

This doesn't depict my feelings at all. Those that hang out with me understand what I think, and where I hope this program goes. However, I see no need to complain, so very often, about a program that I wish such success for. Public bashing of everything this program does isn't solving anything. If you hate every move they make then watch someone else. That's how I feel about it.

• Upvote 6

Football is fun, right? As in a significant part of entertainment in the fall? The last time something caused me so much grief that I could think nothing good to say about it, I paid it off and divorced it. I refuse to obsess over trivial things in something that is fun.

This is exactly how I feel. If you hate them then don't watch. Problem solved.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This doesn't depict my feelings at all. Those that hang out with me understand what I think, and where I hope this program goes. However, I see no need to complain, so very often, about a program that I wish such success for. Public bashing of everything this program does isn't solving anything. If you hate every move they make then watch someone else. That's how I feel about it.

Grant pretty much saves his criticisms for RV directly, not for an Internet forum.

• Upvote 3