Katrina, Ike, now possibly Isaac

ADLER

Ok, Some of y'all are drinking way to much green kool-aid.... No way they are playing in Denton, why are people even talking about it

It's fun to dream, but I agree with you. The brunt of the storm should be well past by Saturday. Even if there are stadium issues after the storm, they'd find somewhere else suitable to play in southern Louisiana before moving the game to Denton.

• Upvote 1

Ok, Some of y'all are drinking way to much green kool-aid.... No way they are playing in Denton, why are people even talking about it

Why even talk about it? Well, how about this....if we don't take ourselves seriously, then why should anyone else. Not talking ourselves, (or our program), seriously is old North Texas culture. We can build all the new facilities that we want, but if we don't build something new between our ears, we'll always be small time. We'll always be NTSU in everyone's mind.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5

Why even talk about it? Well, how about this....if we don't take ourselves seriously, then why should anyone else. Not talking ourselves, (or our program), seriously is old North Texas culture. We can build all the new facilities that we want, but if we don't build something new between our ears, we'll always be small time. We'll always be NTSU in everyone's mind.

I guess I took his post differently. If LSU was playing UT, I don't think they'd move it to Austin either, point being that they'd try to keep it closer to home rather than just roll over and give the opposing team home field advantage.

They wouldn't want to come to Denton because it would be too intimidating taking us on in our house. Let that sit between your ears. :)

• Upvote 1

I guess I took his post differently. If LSU was playing UT, I don't think they'd move it to Austin either, point being that they'd try to keep it closer to home rather than just roll over and give the opposing team home field advantage.

They wouldn't want to come to Denton because it would be too intimidating taking us on in our house. Let that sit between your ears. :)

I'm not interested in LSU's mind set.....I'm interested in ours. I'm interested in us having the mind set that we talk OUT LOUD about things like moving the game to Denton until such time as LSU says "It ain't going to happen". But (again) to just dismiss it out of hand is old NTSU/NTSC thinking.

• Upvote 1

I'm not interested in LSU's mind set.....I'm interested in ours. I'm interested in us having the mind set that we talk OUT LOUD about things like moving the game to Denton until such time as LSU says "It ain't going to happen". But (again) to just dismiss it out of hand is old NTSU/NTSC thinking.

Okay. I'll buy that over your original not taking ourselves seriously argument.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

From a logistics standpoint, moving the game to Apogee this close to game day is a tall order to ask for. I doubt you could get all the needed supplies ordered in time to satisfy the sell out that would occur from hosting LSU.

My bet would be that the game gets rescheduled or canceled if LSU is unable to host the game this Saturday.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

From a logistics standpoint, moving the game to Apogee this close to game day is a tall order to ask for. I doubt you could get all the needed supplies ordered in time to satisfy the sell out that would occur from hosting LSU.

My bet would be that the game gets rescheduled or canceled if LSU is unable to host the game this Saturday.

LSU and Baton Rouge will do everything in their power to get thiis game played on Saturday. No way they move ANY OOC home game to the opposition's stadium, no matter who they are playing.

WAY to much revenue lost by LSU, Baton Rouge, and Southern La. Never happen.

For that matter, UNT will do everything in it's power to make sure this game is played in Baton Rouge so UNT can collect a huge paycheck. I mean, that is what this game is about, right? I'm sure payment from this game is included in future AD budgets, so not playing this game in Baton Rouge would hurt UNT.

Probably worse than it would hurt LSU.

• Upvote 1

I certainly hope RV has at least offered it up. He may get laughed at, but at least it's out there. I'm thinking if LSU rolls into town, Apogee sells out within a day. Lots of purple and gold in the wingzone. And, why wouldn't LSU want to come up to the Metroplex? Don't they have some recruiting irons in the fire up here?

I doubt the game will be cancelled outright. If anything, it will be moved to a later date in the season like it was in '08. I believe this would probably be the best scenario for us.

Postpone this game. Start the year 1-0 VS TSU, bring a little swagger up to Manhattan, and see what happens. Come home and get the W VS Troy and go to the Houston game with, at worst, a 2-1 record.

I think you took the post completely the wrong way and are getting pissed over nothing.

• Upvote 1

Direct from the KRAM Weather channel...the game will be played in Baton Rouge on Saturday as scheduled. What hurricane???? :roadrage: These SEC folks drum up every excuse they can for not playing UNT and the Mean green. The tigers are scared of the Mean Green...that's why they create these weather issues every time....BELIEVE IT!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Direct from the KRAM Weather channel...the game will be played in Baton Rouge on Saturday as scheduled. What hurricane???? :roadrage: These SEC folks drum up every excuse they can for not playing UNT and the Mean green. The tigers are scared of the Mean Green...that's why they create these weather issues every time....BELIEVE IT!

Didn't the KRAM Weather Channel predict a dry game at FIU last year? Please stop hexing us. ;)

Didn't the KRAM Weather Channel predict a dry game at FIU last year? Please stop hexing us. ;)

Hmmmm...might have...you know weather guys...the KRAM weather cahnnel is giving it a 40% chance.....it's the wetherman way!

Hi guys I am a french exchange student at UNT and I am supposed to flight to New Orleans on Thursday in order to see the game.

I am kind of lost with all this information about the storm.

Is the game still in the air or it will be canceled ? Is there a website where I can follow the weather forecast ?

Thanks for your help

• Upvote 4

Hi guys I am a french exchange student at UNT and I am supposed to flight to New Orleans on Thursday in order to see the game.

Is the game still in the air or it will be canceled ? Is there a website where I can follow the weather forecast ?

Thanks for your help

The eye is supposed to be in northern Missouri by Friday afternoon, so I'll be surprised if the game is cancelled unless the stadium suffers some serious damage. Your flight is an entirely different issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/27/us/tropical-storm-isaac/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Baton+Rouge+LA+USLA0033:1:US

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your help

Niko? :ninja:

• Upvote 6

The eye is supposed to be in northern Missouri by Friday afternoon, so I'll be surprised if the game is cancelled unless the stadium suffers some serious damage. Your flight is an entirely different issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.weather.c...A USLA0033:1:US

Alright thanks for the help

Does usually plane company refill the flight if it has been canceled, here in the US ?

• Upvote 1

Man, Adler's topic thread is so on the money it is crazy! Each year I organize a guy's road trip for UNT's biggest road trip of the year & the last 10 years we've been to a lot of cool places (Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma & Texas) but we got Ike'd and Katrina'd the 2 times we played LSU and called off those trips. For this year, when organizing the trip a month ago, I warned the group to likely expect a hurricane the week before the game based on prior history ... and sure enough, here we go! Truly crazy. Who needs the Weather Channel when you can just guarantee a hurricane when LSU plays North Texas?? lol

• Upvote 1