UNT Lands Denton Guyer CB John Schilleci

Harry

John Schilleci, DB, Guyer (Denton, Texas)

The All-District selection notched a 95.79 SPARQ rating at Cowboys Stadium. Schilleci collected 42 tackles and an interception last fall and hails from a powerhouse program. He has already grabbed an offer from Washington State.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/football/events/nike-sparq-combines/2012/story/_/id/7731704/dallas-nike-football-sparq-combine-recap

You know how everyone complains that local kids don’t stay home to play at North Texas? Well, at least one is. Heard from Guyer head coach John Walsh this morning and he confirmed that senior-to-be John Schilleci has committed to the Mean Green.

read more: http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/2012/06/guyers-schilleci-commits-to-north-texas.html/

I just love the fact we landed a legitimate Guyer prospect. That will only help us in the future there! He looks like a very good player, apparently moving from corner to safety in his senior season.

I just love the fact we landed a legitimate Guyer prospect. That will only help us in the future there! He looks like a very good player, apparently moving from corner to safety in his senior season.

Should be a good move for him as he looks like a hitter. Some of the best plays he made on his highlight vid were blowing up the screen pass blocks.

• Upvote 3

Landing a legit prospect from Guyer is big for this program. The big part is not the actual player, but the door that has been opened to the Guyer program.

Pretty huge.

• Upvote 5

BUT, BUT I thought local kids wouldn't commit to UNT????/ Ha! just kidding...this is a solid commitment from a Guyer player. Good news and shows the Mean Green coaching staff is indeed working the local schools and making inroads with same. Thanks for posting this...made my day here in Mean Green land!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

BUT, BUT I thought local kids wouldn't commit to UNT????/ Ha! just kidding...this is a solid commitment from a Guyer player. Good news and shows the Mean Green coaching staff is indeed working the local schools and making inroads with same. Thanks for posting this...made my day here in Mean Green land!

And to that (and everyone else) I say THIS IS NOT FEBRUARY. I used to have a supervisor who's first career was teaching English in middle school. One of her favorite quotes to anyone who was predicting future success in a project/assignment that she had given them was "There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip ". Her point was, people tell you something now, but you need to keep following up with them along the way.

Now, don't get me wrong. I really like to hear about outstanding athletes who are saying that they want to attend North Texas. It creates some credibility for our program, when there had been very little in the past. However, eight months is a VERY LONG TIME......especially for teenagers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow that hit at 0:21 on hudl made me jump out of my chair. We have beat out WSU & La Tech head to head for two players so far. These are the type of schools we need to be able to beat out for recruits and I'm glad we finally have our ducks in a row to be able to do so. I can only imagine the affect a 6-6 or 7-5 season + the conference change would have on kids in the area, this is shaping up to be a good year!

• Upvote 3

UNT now has 6 players committed to the 2013 class, 4 high school and 2 transfers. The transfers could join in 2012 pending appeals to the NCAA. Here is the complete list - which will remain pinned and updated in the recruiting forum. We are including the date they committed (or signed) with UNT.

Suck on that Leach!!!

you get it? because Mike Leach is the coach of Washington St. and everyone said he would be recruiting Texas well... and... but... a leech is also a thing that likes to suck blood out of animals and people... and they are pronounced the same way...

it's funny because it can mean 2 things...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Update from Adam Boedecker:

UPDATE (1:15 p.m.): Just talked to Schilleci, and he has indeed committed. Had a lot to say about the perceived DISD snub of UNT and how he hopes to change that. Read more about it in Tuesday’s DRC. Also, Schilleci will likely play safety in college after he’s set to make the move from corner to safety for his senior season.

read more: http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/

Wow, that was 315 pounds he just power cleaned. Pretty strong kid, also if anyone is wondering I'm pretty sure his last name is pronounced "Sha-Lacey"

I thought that looked like alot as well, but it also looks like those are rubber weights and not metal ones. Metal weights don't really bounce when you drop them like that and they also are more likely to break when dropped, which is why they aren't ussually dropped like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought that looked like alot as well, but it also looks like those are rubber weights and not metal ones. Metal weights don't really bounce when you drop them like that and they also are more likely to break when dropped, which is why they aren't ussually dropped like that.

Not sure what you mean by this?

At first I saw a white dude wearing number 11 and I was like eh...

then I watched the video and I was like yeah!

Amen. Love how he blows up the blocker on those screens. This is the type of physical DB that we need. Hope this commit sticks. Looking forward to hia thoughta about playing for the hometown team.

Not sure what you mean by this?

Just that while it looks like well over 300 lbs. if it were metal weights, rubber weights weigh much less than metal ones. So it would be much less weight was the point I was trying to make.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1