Pedestrian Bridge Photo Update

UNTflyer

And they're going to have all that finished by August 31'st?

I remember reading that the main bridge structure will be built off-site (I assume in several sections), and put in place once the supporting structure was done.

• Upvote 2

You shut your whore mouth. How dare you speak ill of the Sack and Save?!

Ok, I just had to weigh-in with my history/old coot comment of the day. When I went to North Texas, Sack and Save was a Gibsons.......the forerunner to WalMart. And the McDonalds was totally dressed out in Mean Green colors (the apple green color) and decorations.... including the ceiling light fixtures that had Mean Green football helmets as the light shades.

• Upvote 6

Ok, I just had to weigh-in with my history/old coot comment of the day. When I went to North Texas, Sack and Save was a Gibsons.......the forerunner to WalMart. And the McDonalds was totally dressed out in Mean Green colors (the apple green color) and decorations.... including the ceiling light fixtures that had Mean Green football helmets as the light shades.

You always bring back so many fond memories for me...loved those light fixtures at Mickey D's!

• Upvote 3

Got all my 8-tracks from Gibsons

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would hope somewhere prominently on the bridge span would be the words "University of North Texas." It is my limited understanding the team mascot is the Eagle and the nickname is "The Mean Green." We are the North Texas Eagles home of the "Mean Green."

http://www.unt.edu/traditions/

Your sarcasm meter. Have it checked.

These light fixtures you speak of...kerosene or candles?

Well, Edison had just wired Denton, so it was a very early version of the electric light. You smarty youngster you!

Edit: It was tough doing all those term papers by candlelight before Edison came to town!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Well, Edison had just wired Denton, so it was a very early version of the electric light. You smarty youngster you!

Edit: It was tough doing all those term papers by candlelight before Edison came to town!

You must have had some serious carpal tunnel after chiseling out said "papers"

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I drove through Denton today. The eagle in the stonework of the bridge is really impressive. There are signs that 35E will be closed on Friday night from 10pm-8am between the two Loop 288 exits. Will they be putting the bridge in place then?

An eagle head instead of "North Texas"? I guess Rick wasn't in charge. I kid ... I kid ... kinda ...

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 2

I would hope somewhere prominently on the bridge span would be the words "University of North Texas." It is my limited understanding the team mascot is the Eagle and the nickname is "The Mean Green." We are the North Texas Eagles home of the "Mean Green."

http://www.unt.edu/traditions/

That's saying we have two nicknames, IMO. But let's not start that debate again.

• Upvote 1