ST. PAUL, Minn. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell didn't say the Minnesota Vikings will move to Los Angeles if Minnesota lawmakers don't pass a financing package this year to build the team a new stadium.

He didn't say they wouldn't move, either, and that appears to have turned up the urgency to bring an end to this long-running saga.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7836485/roger-goodell-minnesota-gov-mark-dayton-leaders-act-year-stadium

How many times will the NFL fail in LA before they just devote their resources to the 2 professional teams they already have.

LA has four pro teams, not two.

Dodgers

Clippers

Kings

Lakers

If you wanna count Anaheim, since so many do, it's six.

Don't see it happening. LA will get a team but I don't think it will be Minny.

It very well could be Minny. My Dad lives in Minnesota. He says the people of Minnesota and its legislature are very lukewarm to getting this done in a hurry. The people are very conservative with how money gets spent in that state. They don't see the many benefits that can come from having a pro sports team in their downtown or state. It is a shame because if you have ever been to downtown Minneapolis, it is a great downtown. It would be a big loss to the city and state.

GMG

Edited by mean green d

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell didn't say the Minnesota Vikings will move to Los Angeles if Minnesota lawmakers don't pass a financing package this year to build the team a new stadium.

He didn't say they wouldn't move, either, and that appears to have turned up the urgency to bring an end to this long-running saga.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7836485/roger-goodell-minnesota-gov-mark-dayton-leaders-act-year-stadium

If the Vikings do leave this would be the second team to leave Minnesota for Shaky Town. The Lakers left Minnesota years ago. The L.A. Vikings just doesn't sound correct. But, neither does the Utah Jazz!

Meh. I can't point to any one aspect as to why, but I've become so turned off by the NFL that I have no interest in it whatsoever, never watch it, and could not care less if the Vikings stay in Minnesota, move to Los Angeles, or play in a municipal park in Taos, New Mexico. I'm still not paying $200 for a nosebleed ticket acquired via stubhub, $100 for a pizza, and signing a second mortgage for a beer.

• Upvote 2

I like the sound of "San Antonio Vikings"

When Red McCombs owned the Vikings- it was a distinct possibility. Red McMombs has ties to San Antonio.

As a Vikings fan (I proudly wear my purple Favre jersey!), I hope this doesn't happen. This discussion of the LA Vikings has been going on as long as I can remember.

Here are teams that make more sense to move to LA:

St. Louis

Jacksonville

Carolina

For what it's worth- moving the Rams back to LA would knock the NFC West into just two timezones instead of the three it currently spans across.

• Upvote 1