Pedestrian Bridge

Today, I noticed a fenced off area next to Fouts and the freeway. There also seems to be some heavey equipment at the site. Could this be the start of the bridge construction?

You are correct.

• 4 months later...

Any updates/photos on the pedestrian bridge project?

I drove by Saturday night and they have the metal bridge pieces off to the side. It looks like they'll be lifted onto the concrete pillars fairly soon. It was dark so I couldn't snap a photo.

Went by this last weekend and they had some of the metal spans sitting by and seemingly being prepared for installation. I do, however, wonder if it will be ready for the first home game? It's not that the folks working on it could not have it completed in time, but rather will all the various spans and parts be ready in time for installation? If not in time for the first game, it will indeed be up and ready during this season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all parties can get this done in time for that first kick-off. GREAT location for the bridge!

• Upvote 1

I stopped by the pedestrian bridge site yesterday. The bridge is much wider than I had imagined. I didn't get out and mesure, but I think two golf carts could pass easily on this bridge. Both sides will have a perpendicular ramp leading to the bridge. When this puppy is lifted onto the supports over the Interstate I hope somebody can get video. I would think the placement of the bridge will be done on a Sunday when traffic is lighter. Cars will be backed up to Norman and to Waco.

GO MEAN GREEN

(ps Very nice catch MDH)

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

I stopped by the pedestrian bridge site yesterday. The bridge is much wider than I had imagined. I didn't get out and mesure, but I think two gold carts could pass easily on this bridge. Both sides will have a perpendicular ramp leading to the bridge. When this puppy is lifted onto the supports over the Interstate I hope somebody can get video. I would think the placement of the bridge will be done on a Sunday when traffic is lighter. Cars will be backed up to Norman and to Waco.

GO MEAN GREEN

They'll do it at night when traffic is at its lightest.

It seems to me that this bridge should be named something other than the generic pedestrian bridge. I wonder what they will name it or if it will be named at all?

here are some ideas...

- the attendance booster

- lazy man's pass

- you can stop your bit**ing now walkway

or

- the bridge to greatness.

:)

• Upvote 2