The Atrocity that is SMU Basketball

cl_1_2008

Wow! The Mustangs were 8 of 46 from the field. 8! Or, as Norm Hitzges would say "8!"

That's 17.4%, dude. Freaking amazing. They were outrebounded 44-24. No one scored in double figures. The only double on the scoresheet was Jalen Jone's 10 free throw attempts - he made six. Give that kid the player of the game trophy for Smoo.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

I wonder what happened to our frequent SMU visitor who was not only an expert on SMU bb but the whole college basketball scene. I guess it is easier to comment in the off season. It does look like that great SMU class is having a little trouble getting up to speed.

Weren't we told all off season that our recruits were either never really offered by SMU or overrated to begin with? Pony up!

• Upvote 2

That must've been painful. UTA-UNT painful.

College Basketball is a crazy thing.

TCU and SMU played each other just last week.

SMU won 68-62. I'll bet TCU was ready to fire Jimmy Christian after that game.

This week SMU loses 47-28 to a mediocre UAB team that somehow has surprising wins over Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee. :blink:

TCU, who is having a decent little season, just knocked off #11 UNLV this week.

Gotta love college basketball.

• Upvote 1

College Basketball is a crazy thing.

TCU and SMU played each other just last week.

SMU won 68-62. I'll bet TCU was ready to fire Jimmy Christian after that game.

This week SMU loses 47-28 to a mediocre UAB team that somehow has surprising wins over Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee. :blink:

TCU, who is having a decent little season, just knocked off #11 UNLV this week.

Gotta love college basketball.

+1000000 here. Great post.

College basketball has got to be th emost schizo sport in the world and its due to the fact that 18-22 year old men can really go off the reservation when it comes to focus sometimes. But that is why we love the game, because of its unpredictability.

I will say this. This is bad news for us, because Doherty will be gone now for sure. Just hope they don't come up I-35 to offer Johnny the job and money-whip him. Fran Fraschilla is an intriguing name as a replacement--he lives in Dallas and his son is a point guard for Highland Park. Might be a good place to call home for a while. Plus, he has experience as a Big East coach, albeit long ago. He probably wouldn't be too expensive, either, although money is no object over there. I guess the 25 people who attend those games are all millionaires...

Flour Bluff 7th grade B team is serious stuff.

I'm originally from up the road in Victoria- most of my family lives in Corpus.

the hustlin' hornets don't jack around!!! i have no other family down there...thankfully...hated that place...glad i came to denton!

• Upvote 1