TCU in some trouble

Green Crazy

"I'm extremely concerned," Boschini said. "If one kid is involved, it's one kid too many."

Football coach Gary Patterson and athletic director Chris Del Conte both said TCU student-athletes are expected to be ambassadors for the university -- and that drug use and criminal behavior would not be tolerated.

"There are days people want to be a head football coach, but today is not one of those days," Patterson said in a prepared statement. "As I heard the news this morning, I was first shocked, then hurt and now I'm mad. "Under my watch, drugs and drug use by TCU's student-athletes will not be tolerated by me or any member of my coaching staff. Period," Patterson said. "Our program is respected nationally for its strong ethics and for that reason the players arrested today were separated from TCU by the University.

"I believe strongly that young people's lives are more important than wins or losses."

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

• Upvote 3

I just have the feeling that integrity at TCU is too important to all concerned to allow these kids to stay in school. What a shame, but the stupidity of these kids says all you need to know about that situation. A lesson learned the hard way for these kids...not just the athletes involved...but maybe learned early enough so as to not completely ruin their lives and futures.

I'm a TCU fan, today...if they actually suspended/expelled them all. Good for them, good statement for college athletics.

Of course, this means they are in the same boat as us and the rest of the schools that don't sellout for athletic $....it's much harder to win.

Four TCU football players arrested

The officer went to Brock's residence and bought $220 worth of marijuana, according to the warrant. The officer told Brock that the drug test was "bull----" and Brock responded, "I failed that b---- for sure."

According to the warrant, Brock said that he wasn't worried because there "would be about 60 people being screwed." Brock is alleged to have said that he and Horn had looked over the TCU roster and concluded that only about 20 players could pass the test.

Let's say that guess is high and only 40 people are "screwed," I seriously doubt TCU will suspend half their team, even for one game.

Four TCU football players arrested

Let's say that guess is high and only 40 people are "screwed," I seriously doubt TCU will suspend half their team, even for one game.

Sweet mercy. Ok, well, looks like they are in a pickle. Either way, those who were busted by the police for dealing have been dealt with swiftly by the school. No meandering press releases and denying it from the coach/AD/etc. Although, I'm not sure I can remember a situation where a player was busted for dealing and wasn't immediately suspended/expelled....so, maybe I should just retract my posts on the subject. :blink:

Edited by TIgreen01

Sadly, we've been in their shoes on the failed drug test thing, too. Its tough when it rears its ugly head. I will say this, if TCU falls down in the Big XII this season, this will get used as an excuse in Ft. Worth.

It's one thing to fail a drug test. It's another thing entirely when you have players dealing. UNT had several players fail a test, but none were busted dealing.

I think this would be a pretty valid excuse for losing... but I seriously doubt it is brought up by anyone associated with TCU. Things like this just need to go away as quickly as possible.

Reports that Patterson sprung the surprise drug test on the team on February 1st after a prize recruit told Patterson that he was signing with another school due to drug use on the team. Also reports that a large majority of the team failed the test. It will be interesting to see how Pattersom spins it if most of the team failed.

Edited by Eagle-96