QB Scotty Young considering North Texas

Harry

Yes. 1000 times yes.

You want as many good players as you can get. Competition only makes everyone better. DT has also shown to be a bit injury prone, so having another good QB on the roster only helps.

What also gives me hope is that Young was buried on Tuberville's roster. If there is one Big 12 head coach I don't trust to evaluate talent, it's Tommy T.

Could Young stil register late for this semester?

Yes, I believe he could.

The headline should have read "Scotty Young's Father Considering UNT."

I hope Scotty listens to his very wise father.

He is listening.

This would be huge.

In the MGB it mentions that he is a "pro-style" QB. That usually means not very mobile.

Not really. Anyone who has a pro-quality arm will usually be classified as a pro-style QB. Jordan Jefferson was classified as a pro-style QB, and he's pretty mobile. I think Rivals needs to get rid of the distinction.

I don't see a ton of schools ahead of us in this race. Larger schools are going to have a stiffer competition at that position and would want more than 2 years of eligibility unless he's a real stud (not saying he isn't, but jury is out if he was burried on the depth chart). I would think being front Denton also gives us a leg up, I hope we can get him.

I can't imagine why Sumlin/Kingsbury wouldn't be all over this. With tannehill graduated I don't have any idea who they plan to roll out next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I am trying to keep my excitement in check and to a low ebb over this possibility but...

Scotty, you will not find any school out there where you would be more appreciated than at the University of North Texas as we would all look forward to seeing a favorite son of Denton tossing those highly accurate 'taters for TD's at our Apogee Stadium!

OK, I took the meds and I'm fine now. :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

Pretty sure the Longhorns are glad they did not stop recruiting QB's once they had Garrett Gilbert and pretty sure the Mustangs are glad they did not stop recruiting QB's once they had Kyle Padron...Any time you can add a quality player, especially at QB, you do it. We have rarely if ever had the "good problem" of having too many signal callers.

• Upvote 3

Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to have Scotty come to UNT... It would be great to have a top rated Denton guy to come back, not just him but for the future of recruiting Denton players to stay home, but I dont see it happening. I think that McNulty is Macs guy for the future and wont let it go.. We all saw what he did last year and it wasnt impressive, but hes Mac kid

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

I can't imagine why Sumlin/Kingsbury wouldn't be all over this. With tannehill graduated I don't have any idea who they plan to roll out next year.

Standard process prohibits players from transferring to a school within it's conference. A&M is still considerd in the big xii thus eliminating them

• Upvote 1

Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to have Scotty come to UNT... It would be great to have a top rated Denton guy to come back, not just him but for the future of recruiting Denton players to stay home, but I dont see it happening. I think that McNulty is Macs guy for the future and wont let it go.. We all saw what he did last year and it wasnt impressive, but hes Mac kid

Let's hope not.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Scotty is starting at Tech this past season if Leach is still around. Tuberville has done a lot to change that programs philosophy and he began by not playing/recognizing any true talent. The proof is all in their record and the amount of playing time Adam James received.

Even Leach said the team Tech had the year after he was fired would have been better than Harrell/Crabtree and I don't believe that was frustration or propoganda talk.

Our recruiting classes these last 2 years would say different, Scotty didn't start because Doege, Karam and Brewer were all ahead.

Being that stacked at QB with scholarship players is why Karam and Young chose to look elsewhere.

That being said, Scotty is the real deal and has a helluva arm on him, not the most mobile QB but he will be a great asset to y'alls program.

• Upvote 2

Standard process prohibits players from transferring to a school within it's conference. A&M is still considerd in the big xii thus eliminating them

Actually, this is untrue. The Aggies just got a transfer of a big-time running back from OU, who was buried on their depth chart. He was from SE Texas, I believe, so he transferred to A&M, which was allowed because they are now in the SEC for football.

Actually, this is untrue. The Aggies just got a transfer of a big-time running back from OU, who was buried on their depth chart. He was from SE Texas, I believe, so he transferred to A&M, which was allowed because they are now in the SEC for football.

He was buried on the depth chart...and has at least one kid he's trying to take care of as well. He needed to be closer to home in spite of not being able to beat out the walk-on that started at OU last year.

• 1 month later...

take this for what it's worth, but rumor from the tech rivals board says that scotty young is going to end up with sonny dykes at la tech. let's hope that's wrong.

Seeing how their stud frosh QB played this year...not sure I'd do that.