Strong defense, ball control offense, no turnovers

New York Giants tonight...Mean Green in 2012?

This is the kind of football I love. Great special teams, too, with the Giant punter putting 3 of 4 inside the 20. We've already got a good punter for a couple more seasons.

I'm excited about 2012, our players, and our coaches. Watching the Giants, I'm hoping we can win many ballgames this way. Although...taking a 59-0 lead on Middle Tennessee was fun, too! It's just a game tonight is more likely to be the norm than that.

Also, with two Super Bowl rings under his belt, are there still going to be doubters of Eli Manning? Probably. Crazy, yes; but, probably.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

New York Giants tonight...Mean Green in 2012?

This is the kind of football I love. Great special teams, too, with the Giant punter putting 3 of 4 inside the 20. We've already got a good punter for a couple more seasons.

I'm excited about 2012, our players, and our coaches. Watching the Giants, I'm hoping we can win many ballgames this way. Although...taking a 59-0 lead on Middle Tennessee was fun, too! It's just a game tonight is more likely to be the norm than that.

Also, with two Super Bowl rings under his belt, are there still going to be doubters of Eli Manning? Probably. Crazy, yes; but, probably.

Yes, eli owes asante samual and Wes welker for making him what he is today...

Yes, eli owes asante samual and Wes welker for making him what he is today...

You're kidding, right? Eli made MULTIPLE beautiful throws, had no turnovers and did what was necessary to win. It's laughable to say Wes Welker is owed any thanks. I can't think of a single great player who didn't have some mistake by his opponent during the course of a game...just plain silly.

• Upvote 2

You're kidding, right? Eli made MULTIPLE beautiful throws, had no turnovers and did what was necessary to win. It's laughable to say Wes Welker is owed any thanks. I can't think of a single great player who didn't have some mistake by his opponent during the course of a game...just plain silly.

Eli deserved MVP honors for that game, and should be considered to have passed his his own brother in stature after tonight. Still, this game and the entire Giants season should stand as an example either that anything can happen, that a team should never give up, or both. Interesting the mention of people saying in November that Tom Coughlin should be fired.