Am I over reacting ?

calvin

A-State is in the bonus 9 1/2 minutes into the 2nd half and the double bonus with what 6 or 7 minutes left? We didnt get into the bonus until 6 minutes left in the game. We have 2 fouls called on us the last minute of the game, there wasn't a foul called on A-State the last 5 minutes and 13 seconds of the game. Am i looking too much into it or did we get hit by a little home cooking?

• Upvote 3

Didn't actually SEE the game, just listened, so I can't comment on whether or not there was home cooking, but free throw attempts mean nothing about the officiating. The more aggressive team is going to shoot more free throws. Again, I didn't see the game, but I wouldn't judge the officials based on them shooting a lot more free throws.

A-State is in the bonus 9 1/2 minutes into the 2nd half and the double bonus with what 6 or 7 minutes left? We didnt get into the bonus until 6 minutes left in the game. We have 2 fouls called on us the last minute of the game, there wasn't a foul called on A-State the last 5 minutes and 13 seconds of the game. Am i looking too much into it or did we get hit by a little home cooking?

Yes – you can even say that the homer dome is working again this year for ASU – they were undefeated at home last year – now you know why – I am still not sure they got the last shot off in 2.5 seconds – that was a very quick look by the refs – I feel the refs took both games away from us tonight – the last shot has to be on sports center tonight

The refs just about took MItchell out of the game with their calls. ASU post players abused MItchell as apparently he was afraid to challenge any move. NT ft were 7-9 versus 17-26 for ASU. You can call as many valid fouls as you want, however good refs don't let their whistles dictate the game. I don't think it was home cooking as much as incompetence. Ever ball blocked above the rim is not a goal tend. The ball has to be on a downward arc, a rule these refs didn't seem to understand.

There was a stretch in the last 10 minutes of the first half where stAte was called for offensive fouls that didn't seem right. One time your guy pushes Griswold through another UNT guy and it was a foul on stAte.

And there was that foul on Townsel while he was dribbling - don't see that one much.

Just saying that stAte has some complaints about the officiating too.

• Downvote 6

From what I have seen over The 4 years of following the belt, the refs suck. The belt needs to see how they can make more revenue to upgrade the entire conference, from refs to media coverage But I only know one thing, that I know nothing

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just don't know why we can't get on fox sports southwest. They have every other d-1 school in the area on there but us. To me it sounds like a front office thing

Please ask the conference office why we don't have games on FSSW. :rolleyes:

Or don't and stick around.

We've had some very abrasive A-Staters swing through here before (mostly during the 02-05 football seasons). This guy isn't one of them.

Come on back, Winston.

Your right..

That was a knee jerk reaction. I just hate when fans of other teams want to show up and discuss the loss! I never do that, just seems lame...

Sorry buddy.

• Upvote 4