Looks like all the bowls are filled

stebo

Geez Louise there are a lot of bowls!

Gildan New Mexico Temple vs. Wyoming Albuquerque, N.M.

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Ohio vs. Utah State Boise, Idaho

R+L Carriers New Orleans San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette New Orleans

Beef 'O' Brady's St. Petersburg Florida International vs. Marshall St. Petersburg, Fla.

S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia TCU vs. Louisiana Tech San Diego

MAACO Las Vegas Arizona State vs. Boise State Las Vegas

Sheraton Hawaii Nevada vs. Southern Miss Honolulu

AdvoCare V100 Independence Missouri vs. North Carolina Shreveport, La.

Little Caesars Western Michigan vs. Purdue Detroit

Belk Louisville vs. NC State Charlotte, N.C.

Military Bowl Toledo vs. Air Force Washington, D.C.

Bridgepoint Education Holiday California vs. Texas San Diego

Champs Sports Florida State vs. Notre Dame Orlando, Fla.

Valero Alamo Washington vs. Baylor San Antonio

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces BYU vs. Tulsa Dallas

New Era Pinstripe Rutgers vs. Iowa State Bronx, N.Y.

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest Nashville, Tenn.

Insight Iowa vs. Oklahoma Tempe, Ariz.

Meineke Car Care of Texas Texas A&M vs. Northwestern Houston

Hyundai Sun Georgia Tech vs. Utah El Paso, Texas

AutoZone Liberty Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt Memphis, Tenn.

Kraft Fight Hunger Illinois vs. UCLA San Francisco

Chick-fil-A Virginia vs. Auburn Atlanta

TicketCity Houston vs. Penn State Dallas

Outback Michigan State vs. Georgia Tampa, Fla.

Capital One Nebraska vs. South Carolina Orlando, Fla.

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl Ohio State vs. Florida Jacksonville, Fla.

Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio Wisconsin vs. Oregon Pasadena, Calif.

Tostitos Fiesta Stanford vs. Oklahoma State Glendale, Ariz.

Allstate Sugar Michigan vs. Virginia Tech New Orleans

Discover Orange West Virginia vs. Clemson Miami

AT&T Cotton Kansas State vs. Arkansas Arlington, Texas

BBVA Compass Bowl SMU vs. Pittsburgh Birmingham, Ala.

GoDaddy.com Arkansas State vs. Northern Illinois Mobile, Ala.

Allstate BCS National Championship Game No. 1 LSU vs. No. 2 Alabama

Just curious - did the Ft Worth Bowl move to Dallas permanently? I thought that was a one year thing while Amon Carter was being renovated...?

Edited by stebo

i read it fast...but i didnt see WKU....they get the shaft? prob the loss to Indiana St that killed em

They did get left out, combination of their "newness", their loss to FCS team, and UCLA getting a waiver. Still - it is nice to have one MWC, one MAC, and one CUSA this year - last year is was all MAC teams.

its funny how everyone talks bad about the bcs but not about the bowls in general... Its all about who you play and every game counts, ok state lost to a bad iowa state team and got left out, wku lost to an fcs team and got left out... Given the belts attendance, why would you wanna take a risk in not selling as many seats to wku instead of a team like ucla who travels really well

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's just too many bowls when teams who have fired their coaches get to go.

Why would it matter if a coach gets fired, its about the players... A player only has 4 (sometimes 5) years to go to a bowl game when a coach has his entire career... I dont understand why you would punish the players because of the coach, I also dont understand why you would punish the current players for things that they had nothing to do with (USC)

• Upvote 1

They lost. BCS rulings indicate non-AQs have to be in top-whatever AND undefeated to be guaranteed a slot.

That is incorrect. The non-AQ's have to be in the top 16 to be considered, top 12 to be guaranteed, AND they have to win their conference. Both Houston and Boise were left out because they did not win their respective conferences. Either team could have (and in Boise's case - probably should have) gotten an at large bid... but it didn't happen.

This might be a good thing, the big boys have not been happy about the little guys crashing their party every year. There has been a lot of talk about yanking that spot away from the little guys and opening up the BCS bowls to the top 3 through 10 teams, regardless of conference or championship, with one and two going to Title Game (in a new location - like Jerry World) and 3 through 10 going to Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, and Orange. Look at Arkansas this year - they are left out of a BCS game and finished in the top 10. How pissed would they be if Boise or Houston was in by "rule" (auto bid to a non-AQ that wins conference and finishes in top 12) and they were left out "by rule" (only 2 bids allowed per conference).

Edited by stebo

I feel nothing for Arkansas sitting at home, they are the ones who jumped to the SEC for the money and now have to sit in their own crap by being the odd man out. Arkansas choked both of their chances to be Top 3

Funny on the arguments about Boise and UH, when Bama did not even win their division, much less their conference, yes I know they lost to LSU. I am also not foolish enough to think that Bama has not proved themselves to be the #2-3 team in nation.

UH and Boise St IMO should have been picked over Michigan and Va Tech, if not both at least one.

It's all BS anyways.

If we're not going to have a playoff, then this AQ crap needs to go away, and the BCS needs to be about brining together #1 and #2, and stay out of the rest of the bowls.

...then the bowls are setup based on who brings the most fans and will get the best ratings on TV, not some bogus you're in, you're out BS setup.

It's all BS anyways.

If we're not going to have a playoff, then this AQ crap needs to go away, and the BCS needs to be about brining together #1 and #2, and stay out of the rest of the bowls.

...then the bowls are setup based on who brings the most fans and will get the best ratings on TV, not some bogus you're in, you're out BS setup.

Be careful what you wish for. Before the BCS rules allowing non-AQ teams access, there is no possible way a team from the what is now a non-AQ conference would ever get a team in the Fiesta, Sugar and most certainly the Rose Bowl. A strong TCU, Boise, Utah or even Hawaii would be ignored. At least now they get a chance at national recognition.

It's all BS anyways.

Let's see...who fought the playoff proposal the hardest last time?

Hint #1: It wasn't the SEC; they wanted it.

Hint #2: It was the Big 12

I'm totally okay with fewer bubble screens, dumb over-sized play cards and junk defense in my national championship game, especially since the Big 12 did this to themselves when we could have had a nice four team season-capper between LSU, Bama, Stanford and OSU. Drink up, Judah-Dan Beebe...wherever you are.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Let's see...who fought the playoff proposal the hardest last time?

Hint #1: It wasn't the SEC; they wanted it.

Hint #2: It was the Big 12

I'm totally okay with fewer bubble screens, dumb over-sized play cards and junk defense in my national championship game, especially since the Big 12 did this to themselves when we could have had a nice four team season-capper between LSU, Bama, Stanford and OSU. Drink up, Judah-Dan Beebe...wherever you are.

Quoner has posted. Lock down the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Be careful what you wish for. Before the BCS rules allowing non-AQ teams access, there is no possible way a team from the what is now a non-AQ conference would ever get a team in the Fiesta, Sugar and most certainly the Rose Bowl. A strong TCU, Boise, Utah or even Hawaii would be ignored. At least now they get a chance at national recognition.

In my scenario, if they reached number 1 or 2 though their play, they are in the national title game. ...the rest of the bowls would be free to pick and choose their teams based on what is best for them and who draws, etc. I don't claim the idea is perfect by any stretch, but it's better than the current situation. If everyone's got a shot it will open up recruiting and create more parity, as evidenced by the recent scholarship limits have done.

...its either that or a playoff, which is absolutely the best way to go, but I don't know that's going to happen any time.