Garrett gilbert

EagleD

That argument never works. The four star talent was facing four star talent.

Who is to say one way or another when SMU kids are lining up against comparable (SMU-like) talent.

Maybe the same results. Maybe not.

I wouldn't say that argument NEVER works. If he has 4 star skills, he is throwing the ball to 2 and 3 star receivers and being protected from 2 and 3 star defenders by 2 and 3 star offensive linemen. I don't see it as likely that his presence at SMUt or North Texas for that matter would necessarily elevate the entire program around him.

What have you seen that makes this statement ridiculous?

Not Rivals.

Not that he was a Longhorn.

What, on the field, have you seen?

I saw one game...when was it...ohhhh...ummmm....it was....ehhhh...oh wait, I remember now. I believe it was the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Anyone who thinks this wouldn't be an improvement over DT is on something that I would like to try.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

That argument never works. The four star talent was facing four star talent.

Who is to say one way or another when SMU kids are lining up against comparable (SMU-like) talent.

Maybe the same results. Maybe not.

KA-POW! Truth, thy name is G.J. Kinne! Couldn't beat out Colt McCoy at Texas...looked like a Heisman candidate against us even with a bum knee. Led Tulsa to a 10 win season against C-USA level talent.

I'd welcome Gilbert here. And, I'm sure June Jones wouldn't mind having him at SMU either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KA-POW! Truth, thy name is G.J. Kinne! Couldn't beat out Colt McCoy at Texas...looked like a Heisman candidate against us even with a bum knee. Led Tulsa to a 10 win season against C-USA level talent.

I'd welcome Gilbert here. And, I'm sure June Jones wouldn't mind having him at SMU either.

No brainer if he's interested.

He would immediately push for the starting spot against Thompson, and relegate Osbourn & McNulty to the bench permanently.

I saw one game...when was it...ohhhh...ummmm....it was....ehhhh...oh wait, I remember now. I believe it was the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Anyone who thinks this wouldn't be an improvement over DT is on something that I would like to try.

You're giving Gilbert the credit for UT playing/being in that game?

• Upvote 1

Ive been a huge DT fan (or Dwhip as I call him) from day one, but you have to be smoking more mean green crack than any addict on the streets if you think that DT is better than Gilbert. Im sorry DT is good but it wouldnt be close. Mac and chico want a mobile qb, I dont see us even talking to him...

I've seen a few games Gilbert has played both HS and college. In HS his receivers were tall and fast. He just needed to throw it high and let em go get it. In college those DB's are taller and faster. GG couldn't keep up. No doubt about it, he's got skills and June Jones will develop him nicely, but I don't think he fits our system.