Weapons...

H-towngreen

Lance had a hell of a game tonight. But it concerns me that he was pretty much the entire offense. We need to find some other options on offense.

I haven't been too impressed with the play of DT this season. Not sure if it's not having the weapons to throw to or him not getting those options the ball.

Chicken or egg?

• Upvote 1

Brelan is bonafide threat. Problem is Thompson missed him on several plays when he was open. I love the win, but DT wasn't very good, IMO. Bynes & Outlaw made two great plays on two poorly thrown passes in the endzone. Dunbar's TD was all Dunbar.

I think Brelan should touch teh ball on reverses, etc, if possible. Also, Power is a huge target. The passing game, right now, is being hindered by QB play.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Brelan is bonafide threat. Problem is Thompson missed him on several plays when he was open. I love the win, but DT wasn't very good, IMO. Bynes & Outlaw made two great plays on two poorly thrown passes in the endzone. Dunbar's TD was all Dunbar.

I think Brelan should touch teh ball on reverses, etc, if possible. Also, Power is a huge target. The passing game, right now, is being hindered by QB play.

This

Our passing game has to improve. The speed is there, it's just that the connection with the ball has to be made. There are peeks at what our passing game can be when it's dead-on. The talent is there, the proficiency has to improve.

That said, our running game was great. I saw some fantastic blocks and pancakes, and of course, I saw incredible running from our RBs and QB.

Our passing game has to improve. The speed is there, it's just that the connection with the ball has to be made. There are peeks at what our passing game can be when it's dead-on. The talent is there, the proficiency has to improve.

That said, our running game was great. I saw some fantastic blocks and pancakes, and of course, I saw incredible running from our RBs and QB.

Well said! Very accurate!

Yes, the 2 TDs thrown to outlaw and bynes were bad throws, both were covered and both made really good plays. I think dt is our best option for now, but I'm starting to have an issue with him. Has anyone else noticed that he has a tendency to yell at his line and his receivers if they were to run the wrong route, drop the ball or commit a false start etc.? This isn't something I'm necessarily against in certain situations, but he seems to be doing it often and every time I see him do this he turns around and has a delay of game or throws a pick. He needs to worry about hisself before correcting others.

Yes, the 2 TDs thrown to outlaw and bynes were bad throws, both were covered and both made really good plays. I think dt is our best option for now, but I'm starting to have an issue with him. Has anyone else noticed that he has a tendency to yell at his line and his receivers if they were to run the wrong route, drop the ball or commit a false start etc.? This isn't something I'm necessarily against in certain situations, but he seems to be doing it often and every time I see him do this he turns around and has a delay of game or throws a pick. He needs to worry about hisself before correcting others.

He's def a barker. He bit his tongue though with Antonio Johnson. 2 painful false starts.

Did anyone hear that ball crash into Stradford's chest like a gunshot and then see him flop like a fish? I thought he would have had a better chance to catch it with his facemask as in Necessary Roughness. On another pass when he was overthrown but wide open for a TD I wasn't dissapointed because he would have dropped it anyway. He really is horrible.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hey guys...how about the kickoff coverage. It was great. Several times IU started inside their 20 because our guys got down there so fast. Olen also kicks a real high ball.

Atterberry also buried IU deep a couple of times.

Special teams cover teams were a weapon tonight.

Great, great point...

I think DT had a pretty good 1st half. His ball to Bynes for a TD was a jump ball. His TD pass to Outlaw was actually damn nice. Back of the endzone and only our guy had a chance at it (at least that is what it looked on tv).

I am not sure what went wrong in the second half. He didn't connect well on the longer passes to WRs. The one to Stradford on the sideline hit him in the numbers for sure, so I can't fault him on that one. But the first half completions included a lot of quick hitters to Lance. So I just don't know what to say about DT. I think we got very conservative in the 3rd quarter, so maybe he got out of sync.

I guess we have to remember he is a young, inexperienced QB.

I think the wildcat worked great. I think that most can agree we need to quit bringing in McNulty for one play or two a game. Either give him a series or run the offense with Hamilton if you want to run.

I agree that the touchdown to Outlaw was a great pass and the other was a nice pass to give his receiver a chance to go up and get it. Those were nice passes. He still throws off his back foot too much and he has a slow delivery. Maybe he'll grow into the position and become a great starter for us. Maybe not. If he doesn't improve then someone will eventually pass him up.

Did anyone hear that ball crash into Stradford's chest like a gunshot and then see him flop like a fish? I thought he would have had a better chance to catch it with his facemask as in Necessary Roughness. On another pass when he was overthrown but wide open for a TD I wasn't dissapointed because he would have dropped it anyway. He really is horrible.

THis