Give it time people!

Big E

This is a no freak-out zone...this team will progress as the year goes along and this program will progress each year. FIU is very good and simply has better overall talent and had better execution. They won the Sun Belt last year and are the favorites to win it this year. Give it time...things will get better...we have the right coaches, the right facilities and this team is slowly, but surely getting the players and experience this team needs to win, but there is not a quick fix. In the mean time, I am excited to make the trip to Denton for our first home game in our new stadium!

Difficult situation... New coach usually means the fan base will be ok not getting riled as a result of an embarrassing loss. ...but this has been a long string of down years, and the idea of another is darn hard to swallow.

I'm in for the long haul... But this sucked.

• Upvote 1

Difficult situation... New coach usually means the fan base will be ok not getting riled as a result of an embarrassing loss. ...but this has been a long string of down years, and the idea of another is darn hard to swallow.

I'm in for the long haul... But this sucked.

Probably going to be bad next week. I was very hopeful this team would look a lot better than it apparently looked tonight.

I don't know how some of you choose to endure this and then choose to not give bball a shot. I love me some football, but JJ and Co. are the breathe of fresh air of UNT athletics right now.

Let's hope these footballers get a W soon to reward all their hard work.

And at least the Rangers are good. And the Mavs just won the championship right?

• Downvote 2

Four years of touc football in practice. Four years of not bringing in adequate speed or size. Four years of being coached to be soft "husbands and fathers".

Mac won't reverse that in one off-season. I disagreed wholeheartedly with the game plan today but it is clear...from starting freshman along the line to closing the world out of practice...that Mac saw a culture of losing that needed to be rebuilt from the ground up. It WILL be rough this season...but I believe this coach actually has it in him to move us forward as opposed to being in neutral or reverse.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

The problem is we may not have time. We need not to be the butt of college football jokes when conference realignment comes along.

No one wants to be associated with a joke

As far as having the right coaches in place, let's tap the breaks on that one until they do something besides getting outscored 28-0 in the 1st quarter by a sunbelt opponent.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows that there is going to be painful before it gets better. There is a ton of people who had unfairly high expectations. We have overall 2, maybe 3 players with legitimate talent. The whole of it had to be torn down, and it was not going to be pretty. But, it will get better. An off-season of bravado and marketing is not going to change us from the train wreck we were with Dodge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know how some of you choose to endure this and then choose to not give bball a shot. I love me some football, but JJ and Co. are the breathe of fresh air of UNT athletics right now.

Let's hope these footballers get a W soon to reward all their hard work.

some people don't like bball...very simple...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Conference realignment is the least of our issues. We just need to get some semblance of respect back. To think that this season making or breaking us in the bid to move to the Mountain West or the WAC or C-USA is a bit beyond logic. If we win six games, with the patchwork roster we have, beyond the limited talent compared to what Troy and FIU have, I will consider this to be wildly successful. The Coach will continue to help the team evolve, and we will see results. I just think we need to put visions of grandeur away for a while.

Conference realignment is the least of our issues. We just need to get some semblance of respect back. To think that this season making or breaking us in the bid to move to the Mountain West or the WAC or C-USA is a bit beyond logic. If we win six games, with the patchwork roster we have, beyond the limited talent compared to what Troy and FIU have, I will consider this to be wildly successful. The Coach will continue to help the team evolve, and we will see results. I just think we need to put visions of grandeur away for a while.

So sad that we consider 6 wins as a member of the Sun Belt conference "visions of grandeur."

• Upvote 2

Angry fans are angry. I think I've got an extra case of beer, a ball gag for the actual game to shut myself up, and a poopy room at the Royal Inn on order for next weekend.

As for skipping class tonight, glad I decided to attend. Do you have any idea how hard it is to answer questions from an attorney with nothing but a hard copy of the tax code at your disposal?

Edited for inadvertent use of non-family friendly vocabulary.

Edited by oldguystudent