The Biggest UNT Donation Ever!

UNTLifer

If the University and/or the Athletic Department has any type of big announcement coming, now or later on, they best go ahead and let the cat out of the bag. With possible conference re-alignments going on (B12, CUSA, SEC), it's best we announce to the world that UNT is moving forward. Big dollar donations gets people's attention. wink, wink CUSA, B12, MWC. :rolleyes:

Edited by DeepGreen

The announcement will be made this evening at a reception. My wife and I will be attending the reception. I believe it begins at 7:30PM, and I think it runs until about 9PM. I am sure it will be in tomorrow's papers.

I am really looking forward to attending and hearing first hand "what's up" and yes, I am hearing it is BIG. The number being thrown around is $20million plus...we'll see. Sorry i cannot say more at this time. I have been asked not to do so....soon...patience. Let's all just know that IS a big deal for UNT.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The announcement will be made this evening at a reception. My wife and I will be attending the reception. I believe it begins at 7:30PM, and I think it runs until about 9PM. I am sure it will be in tomorrow's papers.

I am really looking forward to attending and hearing first hand "what's up" and yes, I am hearing it is BIG. The number being thrown around is $20million plus...we'll see. Sorry i cannot say more at this time. I have been asked not to do so....soon...patience. Let's all just know that IS a big deal for UNT.

Feel free to post an update tonight once the news is announced.

WE expect that GMG Reporter on the Scene Kram will not be shrewd with his findings this evening and will immediately post what the amount is and where it goes tonight....live.....from the reception. If you do not have a smart phone I will have to recommend that you bring a laptop and hide in the corner. :thumbsu:

Feel free to post an update tonight once the news is announced.

Well, I don't have a hushed-up invite so I'll spread the rumor I was told. I heard it is a donation from our Thailand friend, close to $100 mil, to several departments, maybe a mil to athletics.

Well, I don't have a hushed-up invite so I'll spread the rumor I was told. I heard it is a donation from our Thailand friend, close to $100 mil, to several departments, maybe a mil to athletics.

What?!?!? Once again Athletics gets the short end of the stick. Typical!

//end joke

If that rumor is any where close to being correct then I'll be shocked in a very good way. Even if it's closer to the $20 million previously rumored it will be amazing.

I would guess this is the same guy in Thailand that made a donation to help us get back to Div I football back in the 90's?

Yesterday the SEC said thanks but no thanks to aTm. Today is the big announcement.

2+2 = North Texas to the SEC!!!!! :ph34r:

You heard it here first, folks.

Breaking sports news, GUARANTEED!

Someone gave you a -1 for this ... but I thought it was hilarious. +1 back!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

You guys are funny...no, I do not have a smartphone...those who know me, know that I have a cell phone but NEVER turn it on and Never text! Will I get home after the event and even turn on the computer at home...chances are slim...BUT, maybe, just maybe if I remember I will do that for the Mean Green faithful that post here on GMG.Com. Might even take some notes.

I am not trying to be coy here, I am just honoring a request that I not "let the cat out of the bag" until the University and those responsible (and especially the donor) want it to be released. I made a promise in exchange for the info and I will keep that promise. Sorry. I have given you what I can and still honor that pledge.

Unlike Texas A&M, I honor my commitments! OK, just had to get that jab in at the Aggies...I guess that "honor code" thing is only for the current students and not the administration and board of regents...just sayin.....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Are you talking about Charn Uswachoke? I saw there was a reception in the Union for him last week... pre-announcement reception maybe?

• Upvote 2

Well, aren't you high tone to be invited to this private reception and not being able to say more at this time about the Big Announcement!!!! ha ha.... I am looking forward to your text message picture from your Smartphone during the event!

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 1

You guys are funny...no, I do not have a smartphone...those who know me, know that I have a cell phone but NEVER turn it on and Never text! Will I get home after the event and even turn on the computer at home...chances are slim...BUT, maybe, just maybe if I remember I will do that for the Mean Green faithful that post here on GMG.Com. Might even take some notes.

I am not trying to be coy here, I am just honoring a request that I not "let the cat out of the bag" until the University and those responsible (and especially the donor) want it to be released. I made a promise in exchange for the info and I will keep that promise. Sorry. I have given you what I can and still honor that pledge.

Unlike Texas A&M, I honor my commitments! OK, just had to get that jab in at the Aggies...I guess that "honor code" thing is only for the current students and not the administration and board of regents...just sayin.....

Come on Kram, surely you can stay up past bedtime for once just to give us die hards an update...

If we guess what it is, can you give us some sort of sign that we are correct? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1