2011 Mean Green Player Adoption Thread

Harry always starts this thread, but it looks like some have already started calling dibs. Hopefully he will not ban me for starting this. For those who are not familiar with this, I will quote Harry from last year:

For those fans who have not participated in the past, I encourage you to jump in and take part. Every season we each pick a player on the North Texas roster and adopt that player here on the board. During the season we keep up with that player and if he has a good game we come back here on the board and sing his praises. . . .

Just a reminder, this does not have to be a star player it could be a freshman who redshirted and is getting his first chance to play or a guy who has had an off year who you are hoping will develop in 201[1]. It could also be a coach who you think will make an impact on the team.

Here is a link to the current roster.

So after each game, give us a rundown of how your adopted player did.

MeanGreenTexan already called dibs on Zach Orr. Good call.

I'll keep it with the linebackers for now, and I'll take Jeremy Phillips--the defensive playmaker.

LRMKEIKNRFUAYMU.20110808193101.jpg

• Upvote 1

Harry always starts this thread, but it looks like some have already started calling dibs. Hopefully he will not ban me for starting this. For those who are not familiar with this, I will quote Harry from last year:

Here is a link to the current roster.

So after each game, give us a rundown of how your adopted player did.

MeanGreenTexan already called dibs on Zach Orr. Good call.

I'll keep it with the linebackers for now, and I'll take Jeremy Phillips--the defensive playmaker.

LRMKEIKNRFUAYMU.20110808193101.jpg

I'll follow your trend and adopt LB Will "The Real Deal" Wright.

As tempted as I am to grab DT this year, I am going with a personnal sleeper pick. Aaron Bellazin, DE, Everman HS.

Big things.

I think I had Frank Gaines last year, so I'll stick with him. Plus, now I'll be in direct competition with UNT90 for PT for our players.

• Upvote 1

I think I had Frank Gaines last year, so I'll stick with him. Plus, now I'll be in direct competition with UNT90 for PT for our players.

Meh... Last time you promised direct competition, you no showed.

I hope Mr. Gaines is a little better at delivering on the hype. ;-)

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

AJ

My goals for him include :

4 year starter

2nd team All Conference as a SOPH

2 x All SunBelt 1st team

NFL Draft pick

NFL Starter

No pressure kid

* Be on call to help out over on the hardwood incase of a injury plague

Edited by NT03

If you want a linebacker, better claim him now. They're flying off the board!

To follow NT03's lead, my expectations for Zach Orr:

2nd team all conference after this season.

1st team all conference after Jr. & Sr. seasons.

Conference Defensive POY after 2013 season.

Your goal should be to set the UNT career record for most tackles. You're already on your way with 60. You need 331 more, and you have 3 years to get them.

Get drafted and represent the Mean Green in the NFL.

I know that KRAM is going to take Kokjohn, so I will go with #75, Joe Greene. Oops, I mean #51 Sean January.

Yep, I'm in for the unsung hero on the team...the deep snapper...Troy Kokjohn #78 on the jersey, but #1 in the hearts of Mean Green fans everywhere.

:thumbsu:

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

Dammit, i was going to snag Dunbar. You guys and yer too cool to pick the best player ways.

On that note, I'm taking........Will Atterberry.

Had a friend in college who used to go around and pick up chicks by saying he was the punter for Texas. Pre-internet it amazingly worked. Technology has not made this world a better place.

Kick'em high and far Will!!