First Pic of Team Store

358257111.jpg

I hate to be negative, but this is basically what I was afraid of. They hauled the same junk (and by junk, I mean poorly designed apparel) over from the book store and plopped it at the stadium. Glad there will be an outlet for items without having to go through the effort of getting to the union, but it could be much better.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 14

I went there Tuesday. It's not all the same stuff as the bookstore, but there is some carryover.

I think between Voertman's and Bookstore, that is as good as we'll get. I wish the Bookstore would carry more Nike/UA selection; just my opinion.

There's a specific shirt design in mind I would like to see, but what is out there is okay.

**edit, to add to what Kram posted below

I don't think they are nearly done stocking the place. There is just so much room. And I like to think that we will be seeing more as the Nikes/UAs/Champions have more time to play with our logos/colors/etc....

Edited by greenminer

can we just cool the complaining and give it awhile to develop? PLEASE. Maybe just once, let's give the folks the benefit of the doubt that things will "perk up" a bit for all of us who love UNT gear...what do you say?

It's just aggravating. The past five years or so the apparel selection has just been abysmal. MeanGreenGear has some good items, and I was hoping against hope that they would sell that quality of item in the team store instead of Champion.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure that a lot of the stuff in there is the same as the bookstore because all of the Nike gear hasn't arrived yet. It has been stated many times that there is a lot more Nike stuff coming in. I believe this is not even close to what will eventually be in the team store.

I just want a damn jersey. Can I PLEASE GET A DAMN UNT FOOTBALL JERSEY?!?!

I have an authentic personalized jersey or a pretty darn close replica for every team I love... except this one.

i ordered one from meangreensports last year...you can have a jersey

• Upvote 1

358257111.jpg

I hate to be negative, but this is basically what I was afraid of. They hauled the same junk (and by junk, I mean poorly designed apparel) over from the book store and plopped it at the stadium. Glad there will be an outlet for items without having to go through the effort of getting to the union, but it could be much better.

Slow your roll, kid. The old UA stuff has been cycled out, the newer Nike gear is still on its way in. They've got some of the loose hot weather gear and hats in place right now, more of it is on the way in. There's also a few new outfits offering NT gear that are sending their stuff as well.

Like most are saying, this will take time. Just as the building of this stadium has been in the making for many years, the branding of the school/AD will take time, as will the success of the football team. A famous quote that says it all, "It took me 20 years to become an over-night success." Just bc a big effort and investment has been made in the program in the last months/yrs does not mean that everything is going to change overnight. The Athletic Dept has become accustomed to operating on a small budget in inadequate facilities, with a poor product on the field for a LONG time. You cant just build a new facility and expect everything to change automatically. Its going to take time to build a relationship with the people at Nike, bc all they know right now is that we have sucked it up big time the last 6 yrs. Once they see the potential that UNT has, combined with an improving team you will start to see the quality of merchandise improve as well.

With that said... We are finally heading in the right direction and I do not have any doubt that we will get there, and who knows... it may be sooner than later. I am just trying to be realistic about the situation and hope that many on here will do the same and are willing be patient.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I just got back from the store it is a lot smaller than I thought. I had no problem with the selection, there was a Nike Golf shirt that caught my eye but didn't want to pony up $60 so I settled for the Nike hat the was pictured in a previous thread. I talked to the nice lady working the counter and she said they are still in transition and that they will be getting more stuff soon. All I can say though is I am glad we switched to Nike. All of the Nike gear there was top of the line. Good stuff!

• Upvote 2