UNT lands final 2011 recruit

Brett Vito

It seems to me that NT has used that last scholarship multiple times. Looks like a good pick-up, I hope NT uses that last ship a few more times.

---hahahahaha .... reminds me of the parent that keeps giving his kid just one more chance...

• Upvote 1

Looks like a solid pick up to me. The kid was carrying 3 AQ offers (Minnesota, Virginia, and Washington State), along with an offer from Air Force. He must be a young man of good character for him to have an offer from Air Force. It is interesting that he had no offers from Texas schools including us. Why were we not after him earlier?

So not that it really matters but if our signing class had 6 3* recruits....placing us behind Troy, ULL, MTSU (all had 8 a piece) and Ark St. (7) .... then that means with him and with the addition of Cam Feldt (who will have to sit out 2011)..then that means this year we added 8 3+* players which would mean one of the better classes we have ever recruited correct?

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/articles/2010/04/15-texas-nftc-lb-review.aspx

•Kendall Washington -- 6-1, 195, Mansfield Legacy (Mansfield, Texas)

Elite level speed, made a ton of plays on pure athleticism.

•Derek Akunne -- 11, 228, North (Garland, Texas)

Great closing speed, thick and well muscled, very intriguing player.

Sleeper Who Emerged: Derek Akunne -- 5-11, 228, North (Garland, Texas)

It seems to me that NT has used that last scholarship multiple times. Looks like a good pick-up, I hope NT uses that last ship a few more times.

shhhh

as long as the NCAA is too busy looking at T-OSU, Auburn, Oregon, North Carolina and random 'recruiting services' in Texas i think we'll be ok

The more and more kids we get like this, the more it opens other kids eyes to the possibility of sticking close to home.

Good get, kudos to the staff for staying in front of this kid and being ready when an opporunity presented itself. 2-aq's in that list of offers, got to love that!