Football Scoreboard

djohnnie

If you look at pictures from the mean green sports website of the new stadium, it shows a scoreboard over the eagle's wings. I contacted Rick V, and he said there would be no scoreboard there. He did not elaborate as to why. What are your thoughts on why there would be only one scoreboard in our stadium? I honestly think two scoreboards would go well in the new house. Just a fans perspective, albeit a small one.

GMG

I'm pretty sure they moved it because the whole stadium can see the video board when it's placed on the south end. Also, I think Denia complained about some aspect of the board being on the wing. Anyways, this is REALLY old news.

Sorry, I guess some of us don't get on the board quite as much as you. Sorry to offend with this post!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Argument #1 - Cost

A board in the midst of the wing zone would be relatively expensive in order to be seen. In an effort to keep costs to a minimum the north end zone board was scrapped.

Argument #2 - Necessity

With a much larger and more complete board at the south end of the stadium the smaller board became unnecessary because 99% would be looking in that direction anyway.

Argument #3 - Aesthetics

A board in the middle of the wing zone would be coyote ugly and detract from the uniqueness of the special design.

Argument #4 - Misconception

Some would say that it was only the artist's conception of what the stadium might look like with a few bells and whistles.

• Upvote 2

Argument #1 - Cost

A board in the midst of the wing zone would be relatively expensive in order to be seen. In an effort to keep costs to a minimum the north end zone board was scrapped.

Argument #2 - Necessity

With a much larger and more complete board at the south end of the stadium the smaller board became unnecessary because 99% would be looking in that direction anyway.

Argument #3 - Aesthetics

A board in the middle of the wing zone would be coyote ugly and detract from the uniqueness of the special design.

Argument #4 - Misconception

Some would say that it was only the artist's conception of what the stadium might look like with a few bells and whistles.

#5. Yet another wrinkled $100 bill. I sure am getting tired of people handing those things out to the North Texas faithful(?).:rolleyes:.............. B)

• Downvote 1

#5. Yet another wrinkled $100 bill. I sure am getting tired of people handing those things out to the North Texas faithful(?).:rolleyes:.............. B)

Yeah but I have found when their wrinkled they don't fit into coke machines as well and don't fit as well into your wallet which has been shown to cause back trouble you know!

To DJ Johnnie: it's all good bro, we gotta break a lil bawls now and again but that just means we likes you!

I saw where Iowa State is getting a news board. It's HD and measures something like 39 x 79, with a cost of $5 million. Does anyone know the exact specs and what the athletic department is spending on ours?

Iowa State Board

Edited by Side Show Joe

If I remember correctly from the "leaked" blueprints, the wiring situation is already being set up to allow a video ribbon board around the stadium to be installed. I believe that this will solve any small problem this issue may cause.

Edited by UNTP1

If I remember correctly from the "leaked" blueprints, the wiring situation is already being set up to allow a video ribbon board around the stadium to be installed. I believe that this will solve any small problem this issue may cause.

I'm not sure what "issue" is being referred to, but the "Future Ribbon Video Board" called out in the documents showed it on the front lip of the club level seating area. It would only stretch across the west side, not "around the stadium". If the issue is that fans sitting on the south end of the east and west stands have a tough angle to see the score board, the ribbon video board wouldn't help those in the southwest corner very much.