Franklin Talks About Unt

Does any team recruit 5 starters in one off-season?

Just an opinion, but I think it is going to take Forrest some time to adjust to this level. Don't think you see him starting to open the season next year.

Plus, Kendrick and Alzee are going to have something to say about a couple of those starting spots.

• Upvote 1

Just an opinion, but I think it is going to take Forrest some time to adjust to this level. Don't think you see him starting to open the season next year.

Plus, Kendrick and Alzee are going to have something to say about a couple of those starting spots.

Oh, absolutely. I agree with you. The teams that will take UNT to the next level are going to take some time to piece together. I understand our need for size under the basket, but I'm not going to second guess JJ's ability to evaluate his team and players. He's become good at putting these teams together and I know he knows what he needs to make it better.

DRC

Some info on Franklin....ranked 4* by Rivals, had offers from AZ, Indiana, Michigan St, OK and UCLA...Scout reports one of the hardest working players in the country...extremely coachable and a big piece of the puzzle..a team guy by nature.ESPN called him a two headed monster at the forward position in HS..at his best slashing to the basket and utilizing his uper body strength.ESPN had him ranked # 16 position ranked.

Wrinkled $100 anyone??

"He was a first-team selection on The Dallas Morning News’ 2009 all-area team. Texashoops.com rated Franklin No. 6 among seniors in the Class of 2009."

I don't think we are quite so big yet that we can scoff at anyone with that kind of talent.

He was a Parade All-American as well. Sure it would be great if he were 3-4 inches taller, but he's still the kind of guy I would want on my team. Not just for the talent he puts on the floor, but also because guys like him can help raise their teammates to a new level of play. I say go for him. That's especially true if we still have two schollys left to give, and if Jarion Henry has sent out signals that he's not interested in coming to Denton. Is a possible Spencer appeal the only reason we don't yet know for sure whether we have one or two scholarships left? Sure hope we're not having to play that waiting game, because we obviously need to get these guys signed up ASAP.

http://newsok.com/roger-franklins-game-has-some-bite/article/3418281

Some info on Franklin....ranked 4* by Rivals, had offers from AZ, Indiana, Michigan St, OK and UCLA...Scout reports one of the hardest working players in the country...extremely coachable and a big piece of the puzzle..a team guy by nature.ESPN called him a two headed monster at the forward position in HS..at his best slashing to the basket and utilizing his uper body strength.ESPN had him ranked # 16 position ranked.

Rivals listed him at 6'4" coming out of high school.

I know it is really being nit picky, but if he is going to play with his back to the basket, I would prefer a little more height.

FWIW, and I know you guys love these types of posts, but strong rumor suggests Franklin approached SMU through Big Daddy Williams. Basically, SMU is out of ships, but one kid is considering transfer, so that would free one up. Anyway, staff told the Williams posse no thanks, not good enough. Wasn't received real well from what I was told. Just good rumor, but we'll see if it actually plays out beyond that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

FWIW, and I know you guys love these types of posts, but strong rumor suggests Franklin approached SMU through Big Daddy Williams. Basically, SMU is out of ships, but one kid is considering transfer, so that would free one up. Anyway, staff told the Williams posse no thanks, not good enough. Wasn't received real well from what I was told. Just good rumor, but we'll see if it actually plays out beyond that.

You have reached a low point in your college career when SMU's staff says you are not good enough. I don't think that this is the case however.

Sounds like a wonderful post for the SMU board. Why don't you go over there...

and stay.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have reached a low point in your college career when SMU's staff says you are not good enough. I don't think that this is the case however.

I don't know about that... even the lowest level of SMUt's leftovers is a sure fire 4 yr. starter for us and potential Sun Belt Player of the Year material. Given the vast superiority of the talent pool of CUSA over the Belt, I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's what it is. I like Franklin, always have, but SMU doesn't even have a ship. I don't have an axe to grind, cause I have no idea how this all plays out, nor do I believe SMU cares. What I do know is that SMU, w/o a ship, still managed to put their foot in it, at least to a degree. Franklin is a good player, hope you get him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

you'd lose 1 of 3 or 4 posters w/any actual knowledge, though.

That is a chance I am willing to take. Your "actual knowledge" generally consists of backhanded comments, false information, Pony wishes, and a large steaming pile of Pony dung....

• Upvote 1

More disliked around here:

HoopManX

or, though we haven't heard from him in a while...

TulsaFaninTexas

Some folks here need to simmer down a little. Obviously this guy has connections to the local hoops scene, so his knowledge/information is somewhat valuable. He's a Pony fan... oh well, take his posts with a grain of salt and move on. He's a little back-handed sometimes, and that's to be expected. Some of you fools do the same things (or worse :o ) on their board.

He comes here because there is relevant basketball talk going on. And, despite the constant bashing, keeps coming back for more. I kinda think he likes us! :wub:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

HoopManX

TulsaFaninTexas

Some folks here need to simmer down a little. Obviously this guy has connections to the local hoops scene, so his knowledge/information is somewhat valuable. He's a Pony fan... oh well, take his posts with a grain of salt and move on. He's a little back-handed sometimes, and that's to be expected. Some of you fools do the same things (or worse :o ) on their board.

He comes here because there is relevant basketball talk going on. And, despite the constant bashing, keeps coming back for more. I kinda think he likes us! :wub:

Quit rationalizing our object of discontent. :ph34r:

HoopManX

TulsaFaninTexas

Posting information more informative to the SMU fan than the UNT fan should be done on the SMU board.

And just about every comment is a backhanded slap at UNT and people who post on this board (see: "you'd lose 1 of 3 or 4 posters w/any actual knowledge, though")

Edited by UNT90

He's a good troll. Comes over here, riles us up well, but never with anything particularly worthy of a suspension. He's sorta like a pebble in your shoe that you can't get out.

I guess we should take it as a compliment. Don't see any posters from other teams tearing down the football program right now.

Fear breeds insecurity.

• Upvote 1