What To Hope For When The Schedule Is Released Tomorrow

Brett Vito

Reality is we could easily be 0-5 in those games he listed as we won't be favored in any of them. I know people don't want to hear that but it's true. I for one don't care. If Mac is playing smart football and the kids are giving their all and - most importantly - we are making progress from week to week I am happy. Dunbar is the wildcard. If he can get off four of those first five games could be real interesting.

Reality is we could easily be 0-5 in those games he listed as we won't be favored in any of them. I know people don't want to hear that but it's true. I for one don't care. If Mac is playing smart football and the kids are giving their all and - most importantly - we are making progress from week to week I am happy. Dunbar is the wildcard. If he can get off four of those first five games could be real interesting.

Sobering! Gotta win the first one! That would be huge!

• Upvote 1

And for Dunbar to get off, there HAS to be an answer at QB.

Mr. Obvious statement of the day.

I am in 100% agreement with Harry's statement. To expect a miracle turnaround is a lot to ask. What I feel comfortable asking for is that the Mean Green reflect the passion that Coach Mac displays and work hard to get better and better each time they hit the field be it at practice or in games. I do, however, feel that the record could be much different than 0-5. Dunbar is, indeed, the wildcard as is what others said about the QB and "in the trenches". Very excited to see what shapes up during spring ball. Then, we can look forward to additions in the fall. Some could have an immediate impact on the team.

On another note, I met a young man working at a local restaurant this last week that is looking to walk-on under Coach mac. He is a local Denton product and plays corner. It was great to hear this kid talk so positively about Coach mac and what is happening at UNT. The kid is working out daily trying to build speed and strength and is really looking forward to walking on in the fall. He has met with Coach mac and I could tell that Coach Mac had him really pumped up about the opportunity.

I do think this is just another positive by-product of our new HC and the new attitude he brings to the program. Got to tell you, it was really fun talking with this kid and seeing his enthusiasm for the program at UNT and where it is headed.

I don't think the Mean Green faithful will have long to wait to witness the benefit of having Coach mac and his staff leading the Mean Green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1