Unt Cheerleaders

Travis

It's always nice to read a story about a North Texas organization doing something great like this. It is sad that they are having to operate under such difficult circumstances. For years I have felt like our cheerleaders do not get enough attention. I hear about the dancers, but not much about the cheerleaders.

Travis,

Maybe you should pass this story on to the Denton Record Chronicle. The Denia person isn't the only one who can write a letter to the editor.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1

One of our captains is Ashley and she is the one that organized this. Her number is 19725715997 her email is meangreencheer@gmail.com

or you can reach me at 9402100108 or email mrs0173@unt.edu

I'm not sure this is a good idea ... post someone else's phone number.

One of our captains is Ashley and she is the one that organized this. Her number is 19725715997 her email is meangreencheer@gmail.com

or you can reach me at 9402100108 or email mrs0173@unt.edu

Not sure it's a good idea to give out a hot chick's cell number on a message board with a lot of creepy , older males on it :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I asked her before I posted anything but thanks for your concern. She was on the phone with me and told me her email and we both thought a MeanGreen blog would be ok. If you'd like I will ask her to post it up here and I will remove my post. Either way thanks for the support and the birthday was a blast. I'd do it again anytime

Edited by eagle89

This is a terrific service that the UNT Cheerleaders performed - really great to see this level of dedication toward future generations.

"My wife and I later talked to some of them, since my wife was a cheerleader at UNT ten years ago."

Congratulations Sir :bow:

Edited by ForneyGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I gave permission for my phone number to be used on this forum... only because I did not have a login created to reply... but I went ahead and created one so there was no confusion.

I have no problem blocking numbers or unwanted contact but if there is any need to contact me about information or questions regarding North Texas cheerleading, appearances or other similar topics... feel free to contact me.

I am so glad my team mates and myself could be involved in such a great event for one of my past gymnastics students. Spending time with kids outside of the "North Texas athletic" scene and just being involved with families in the community is a perk of our job.

*Ashley

UNT cheer captain

meangreencheer@gmail.com

(972) 571-5997

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to call Ashley and ask if male cheerleaders have a tough time shedding their stereotype that they're all gay.

No...I'm not. I wonder if they get annoyed at people always assuming. Think they're doing any of their female counterparts? I would....

What?

Shit. I'm typing this all out, aren't I?

Dammit. Thought this was all just rhetorically in my own mind, but now its out in the open for everyone to read. All out in the whole interwebz world!

Stars coverage is over, guess I'll flip it over to ESPN and watch that fight hunger bowl. I wonder why we need to fight hunger...can't we just like cure it or something? I mean, is it really putting up much of a fight, or is it more or less fighting the causes of hunger, like distribution and disease and instability in the places where hunger exists...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

It was a great run for our National Champion Cheerleader squad and that in the Big Time Division they competed.

What proud moments for all NT alums and fans who watched them on national TV from Tampa, Florida.

And now one of the national cable stations has a series called "Hellcats" which features the life and times of a cheer squad each week (or night for the repeat shows). To say the least, cheerleading has come a long way from the old megaphone days and racoon coats with "too large of letters" on them. :goodjob:

Way To Go UNT Cheerleaders!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

Love it!!!

Keep up the good work, NT Cheer! What a classy way to represent our University.

Regarding your situation, lack of funds/coach - I'd like to hear more. More folks aware of where need is will be the best way to have some of that need possibly addressed!

Thank you all for all that you do for us and our school!

• Upvote 1

Really great to see this. The Cheer squad does an excellent job at the games and at many other events...not just on the UNT campus. It is something else that the Mean Green nation can be very proud of and something that should be "noticed" by more people and supported in a bigger way by the administration if the postings here are anywhere near correct regarding support. These young men and women work very hard and some very long hours to help support UNT, and they deserve and have earned some solid administrative support form the university.

Question...is scholarship money available for the Cheer Squad members just like it is for other UNT athletes?

GO MEAN GREEN. Well done!