Congrats To Tcu, 13-0, Co-National Champions

FirefightnRick

Just need to confirm that we hate SMU, aTm, UT, Tech, OU but like TCU. And if this has to do with being in a non-AQ conference, can we freely hate them after they join the Big East? Thanks!

Edited by mdh0192
  • Upvote 1

Only problem with that argument: That game was originally scheduled to be Texas Tech, but they pulled out before the season started. Chris Del Conte, the TCU AD, pretty much scheduled the only team that would take them. At that point almost every FBS team had filled up their OOC schedule, plus Gary Patterson spent time at Tennessee Tech so that also had some play. Tech is also seriously considering buying out the 2011 game with TCU, so you can't put TCU at fault here when they have a schedule in place and other teams pull out. TCU wants to play anyone they can, for this reason to cast off this idea that they don't play anyone. They are trying to schedule Ohio State, but that's more than likely not going to happen.

Don't confuse him with facts.

• Upvote 1

Hey Ohio State President, is Wisconsin (your confernce champ) one of the "little sisters of the poor"???

Agreed. So happy to see both Michigan and Michigan St. get the crap pounded out of them today. Big 10 is certainly a "gauntlet" when it comes to conference play. What a joke.

Was at a watching party where the same UT T-shirt Alum were there (same that talk crap about UNT) and one belches out.. "I hate TCU" so I had to ask why that was and the response was "cause they sold out and went to the Big East" which I then turned into another question as in why they would have to make that move....his response was "cause they didn't want to play real teams like UT and OU". I couldn't even muster a PC retort to that idiotic statement so I just reminded him that he went to a community college and sports UT gear with zero affiliation for the school and/or Austin and therefore his opinion is irrelevant but unfortunately not unique with some morons out there agreeing with it. Kudos to TCU and all they are doing to get to the top and get the recognition that they deserve. Any team in the area (minus SMU) that can draw more fans into watching and attending college football games is a plus for us as well IMO. Great game TCU!

I love how these same people seem to think it's all up to TCU to get themselves into a conference with those teams, when those teams administrations are the ones not letting them in.

There are so many RTards that spew bullsh for Big 12 schools.

I like TCU and all, but they don't deserve any part of the national title.

The national title is for the winner of the #1 vs. #2 BCS championship game. If TCU wanted to be #1 or #2 they shouldn't have scheduled an fcs team, when they play in a weaker conference.

I do believe I was informed by my close TCU friends that a BCS auto-bid team backed out of their date with TCU, and the only teams left that would travel to TCU were FCS teams.

You've been around long enough to know that there is usually more going on than just what we see on the schedules of non auto qualifiers.

I do believe I was informed by my close TCU friends that a BCS auto-bid team backed out of their date with TCU, and the only teams left that would travel to TCU were FCS teams.

Great system, innit? When a non-AQ team is good enough to compete for the national championship, BCS schools won't schedule them or even drop games against them. Then they claim the team never played anybody!

Great win for TCU last night. That's one hell of a team, and I'd love to see them play Oregon or Auburn. Wisconsin should have run more, but TCU was a deserving Rose Bowl winner and ought to be a co-national champion.

At work this morning. Worst excuse so far by a TCU alumn as to why they were not there yesterday:......

Wait for it.....

IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE!???????????

So you could justify paying $1265 per hour for 4 years but couldn't handle forking over the money to buy a ticket and roughly 150 gallons of fuel to see your team play in a game that only happens every 75 or so years for you?

LOL!!!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

That was a great game to be at. One of the best sporting events I've ever been to. From the festival atmosphere in the pregame traverse to the stadium with tons of Wisc/TCU fans to the game itself to the postgame...amazing day. Best 180 bucks I've ever spent? Maybe not, but certainly up there.

I'd say being in the stadium the split was about 65% Badger fans, 34% Frog fans, and about 1% LA area fans just hoping for a great game.

So a touchdown by Tenn Tech is the difference :unsure: TCU beat Tenn Tech 62 - 7.

Auburn gave up 24 to Chatttanooga.

Auburn also beat legitimate FBS powerhouses, TCU beat one, in their last game of the season. I don't count Utah as beating a top tier FBS team since they beat absolutely nobody all season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Auburn also beat legitimate FBS powerhouses, TCU beat one, in their last game of the season. I don't count Utah as beating a top tier FBS team since they beat absolutely nobody all season.

Ok, so put TCU in the "national title" game over Oregon. I've already explained how super tough the Pac10 was all year and how the Ducks' schedule stacks up. Problem solved, you can go back to being a drone of the BCS media now.

Ok, so put TCU in the "national title" game over Oregon. I've already explained how super tough the Pac10 was all year and how the Ducks' schedule stacks up. Problem solved, you can go back to being a drone of the BCS media now.

I believe i read somewhere that Oregon and TCU had basically the same RPI before the bowl games. If TCU deserves to replace anyone, it is Oregon.

TCU is a badass team. They can beat anybody on any field this year period. I don't think the BCS schools believe TCU is a bad team...they don't schedule TCU because the have to go through their own rigorous conference schedule so scheduling TCU only makes their road tougher. I hate the BCS system just as much as anyone but the BCS schedule is such that it is a lot more rigorous than what TCU generally has to go through.

This.

and probably thus one of the many reasons they moved to the Big East.

I don't think TCU will ever play for a national title in the Big East unless they go undefeated and there is only one other undeafeated BCS team. Basically they will be in the same boat as this year unless they drastically improve their OOC schedule. A Big East team has not played for a BCS title yet and they won't anytime soon.

I don't think TCU will ever play for a national title in the Big East unless they go undefeated and there is only one other undeafeated BCS team. Basically they will be in the same boat as this year unless they drastically improve their OOC schedule. A Big East team has not played for a BCS title yet and they won't anytime soon.

Miami was in the Big East when they won the National Title in 2002 & runner-up in 2003.