George And Hank - Mgrn

ipEAGLE

Yep. They're broadcasters who took an opportunity to call college football games. As the voice of those schools, they're going to have some affiliation with them regardless of where they went to school.

Do UNT alums expect all of our great radio/TV graduates to only work for UNT? Seems like a tough way to make a living waiting for George to get tired of calling our games.

Rudy's stance is hilarious.

If you're a UNT grad you must be for UNT all the time, no matter who you work for. But I bet he'd drop a brick if an alum from another university who worked for UNT rooted for their alma mater, right? I'd hate to have this guy as an employee if was his supervisor at another university because who knows if he'd ever get his work done.

• Upvote 2

Hey, laugh all you want Mag, but I have never hid behind this keyboard. Everything I say on here I will say face to face. And who cares if you think someone's opinions are stupid. Just because its different from yours doesn't mean its any less valid. Instead of giving me, or anyone, negative points just because its the popular thing to do, there is an open invitation to meet me at basketball games and discuss anything talked about on this board. We can sit there and eat popcorn and talk.

Back to the topic at hand. My point was being missed entirely. I expect Rich and Craig to support their employers, but to me the over the top way they do it is annoying.

I'm out. Ill be behind the opposing team at basketball games if anyone wants to chat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Craig Way is a class act and proud NT alum. Craig and George are good friends and both disciples of the great Bill Mercer. Every month or so I get to talk to Craig about NT. He's always happy to oblige me.

After reading Mercer's book I have mixed emotions about Dunham. He does a good job though.

• Upvote 1

Craig Way is a class act and proud NT alum. Craig and George are good friends and both disciples of the great Bill Mercer. Every month or so I get to talk to Craig about NT. He's always happy to oblige me.

After reading Mercer's book I have mixed emotions about Dunham. He does a good job though.

Never knew Craig Way was from NT? I've never heard him mention it, all he's talked about for many years is the Horns. George Dunham is one of the best things that's ever happened to NT, whatever he is paid, it's not near enough.

After the TX/OU game in 09. I saw Craig Way at Fouts. He may be the voice of the Horns (a job a LOT of broadcasters want) but he still loves NT. I actually think he does a damn fine job as the voice of the Longhorns. His radio show is kind of boring. Where he really shines is High School football. He's a damn encyclopedia

• Upvote 2

Do tell why you would be listening to an A&M broadcast in the first place???? Unless A&M was playing UNT I would have absolutely ZERO reason to listen to an A&M broadcast. Are you a closet Aggie? That might just explain more than anything else. :startle:

This is going to blow your mind, but some people get advanced degrees from other schools and then pretty much shut up about it. Go pokes.

• Upvote 3

Yep, which is another reason why I can't stand him. Went here yet he blows his load for t.u.

You realize this is Craig Way's career you are speaking of right? Rich too....Hell I work on the SMU broadcast and am a NT alum. Because Rich and Craig might get a little 'homerish' is because they have invested time and energy in their work. Also, it's probably because they have gotten to know some good people in the programs. Believe it or not there are good people at other schools, not just UNT.

Some here like to give me shit because I work on the SMU radio crew.....well I guess they can do that if they like. However, I would argue those people don't have a fucking clue about my career or the industry. They just want to throw rocks because an alum is not championing their rooting interest.

There are 119 of these jobs in D1 football. If your career is in radio or play by play - you don't pass up chances to get one of them. No matter what your diploma says.

Hell, Hank went to KU. Do you think it's fair for Jayhawk fans to bash him in a public forum, because he is doing what is best for both he and his family?

You are a cop right?? Do you work in the town you grew up in? Chances are no....if you did great, but if not I can't imagine that anyone here would throw hate your way because of it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

You realize this is Craig Way's career you are speaking of right? Rich too....Hell I work on the SMU broadcast and am a NT alum. Because Rich and Craig might get a little 'homerish' is because they have invested time and energy in their work. Also, it's probably because they have gotten to know some good people in the programs. Believe it or not there are good people at other schools, not just UNT.

Some here like to give me shit because I work on the SMU radio crew.....well I guess they can do that if they like. However, I would argue those people don't have a fucking clue about my career or the industry. They just want to throw rocks because an alum is not championing their rooting interest.

There are 119 of these jobs in D1 football. If your career is in radio or play by play - you don't pass up chances to get one of them. No matter what your diploma says.

Hell, Hank went to KU. Do you think it's fair for Jayhawk fans to bash him in a public forum, because he is doing what is best for both he and his family?

You are a cop right?? Do you work in the town you grew up in? Chances are no....if you did great, but if not I can't imagine that anyone here would throw hate your way because of it.

I don't know man...I just think rants are super gay

• Upvote 6

We've met at least 3 times.

Was speaking in general.

First off, don't think I've said it, but I think you do a good job at 1310.

As to Rich and Craig. I like the job Rich does on the 1310. Never heard Craig's show. But he does do an outstanding job when it comes to HS football. As for the homer calls they make. That is fine if they want to do that. All I have ever said is that the way they call games is annoying to me. If some here like it, kudos to them. I have NEVER said that any of the aforementioned were not class guys, or proud to be NT alums. My post had no hidden meaning, and I wish people would stop trying to overanalize every fucking post I make. This thread is really being taken out of context.

• Downvote 3

Was speaking in general.

First off, don't think I've said it, but I think you do a good job at 1310.

As to Rich and Craig. I like the job Rich does on the 1310. Never heard Craig's show. But he does do an outstanding job when it comes to HS football. As for the homer calls they make. That is fine if they want to do that. All I have ever said is that the way they call games is annoying to me. If some here like it, kudos to them. I have NEVER said that any of the aforementioned were not class guys, or proud to be NT alums. My post had no hidden meaning, and I wish people would stop trying to overanalize every fucking post I make. This thread is really being taken out of context.

No, there's no hidden meaning in:

Yep, which is another reason why I can't stand him. Went here yet he blows his load for t.u.

What are the other reasons you can't stand him? class?

• Upvote 2

This is going to blow your mind, but some people get advanced degrees from other schools and then pretty much shut up about it. Go pokes.

That explains it! An Aggie no less...I just knew there was a reason...and, who knew...they give advanced degrees at A&M???? Hmmmmmmm, I guess that "get an advanced degree and then shut up about it" thing is out the window now too. But, being an Aggie...sorry it gigged your goat so much...just trying to have a bit of fun with you. Maybe Aggies have a tough time with humor, who knew? Enjoy the Cotton Bowl. It should be a good game...before Tannahill (is that the correct spelling?) was named QB your boys pretty much sucked...after that, one could argue they are the best team in the Big XII. Hope the Aggies can beat LSU so the Big XII can go 4-4 in bowls.

I will be much kinder to you now and try to write with much more simple words. That Aggie thing must be tough...I wouldn't tell anyone either, but now that you are out of the closet all the world will know. It explains so very much! :goodjob::rolleyes:

• Downvote 2

That explains it! An Aggie no less...I just knew there was a reason...and, who knew...they give advanced degrees at A&M???? Hmmmmmmm, I guess that "get an advanced degree and then shut up about it" thing is out the window now too. But, being an Aggie...sorry it gigged your goat so much...just trying to have a bit of fun with you. Maybe Aggies have a tough time with humor, who knew? Enjoy the Cotton Bowl. It should be a good game...before Tannahill (is that the correct spelling?) was named QB your boys pretty much sucked...after that, one could argue they are the best team in the Big XII. Hope the Aggies can beat LSU so the Big XII can go 4-4 in bowls.

I will be much kinder to you now and try to write with much more simple words. That Aggie thing must be tough...I wouldn't tell anyone either, but now that you are out of the closet all the world will know. It explains so very much! :goodjob::rolleyes:

Oh, Kram...don't confuse a one sentence burn that worked with any and all amounts of goat-getting.

Also, please don't call them my boys. I went to North Texas, I post on this site and I spend my college sports time investment supporting and worrying about North Texas. If UNT or a DFW school had my masters, I would have stayed up here. I wish A&M the best, but you won't catch me cornering people with Ag talk at UNT events or anything like that.

Oh, and I'll be missing the Cotton Bowl broadcast entirely. Tommy Wiseau is coming in town. I think you would really, really enjoy meeting him. You guys have a lot in common.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh, Kram...don't confuse a one sentence burn that worked with any and all amounts of goat-getting.

Also, please don't call them my boys. I went to North Texas, I post on this site and I spend my college sports time investment supporting and worrying about North Texas. If UNT or a DFW school had my masters, I would have stayed up here. I wish A&M the best, but you won't catch me cornering people with Ag talk at UNT events or anything like that.

Oh, and I'll be missing the Cotton Bowl broadcast entirely. Tommy Wiseau is coming in town. I think you would really, really enjoy meeting him. You guys have a lot in common.

I am pretty sure you and Tommy have much more in common....:sword:

• Downvote 2