Ex-Heights Qb Vizza Tossed Football, And Scored Happiness

GreenBat

Guest MeanGreenHomer

Glad he is no longer a part of the program. He clearly has no passion for the game. And that story is absolutely pointless. What a quitter. He has no heart and does not belong on the field. Riley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gio!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I see no one on GMG has ever had a change of heart, quit a job they didn't like, or dropped a class that wasn't going their way. I changed majors because I wasn't doing well, Biochemistry just wasn't for me. I'll one day quit my job in public accounting, leaving my coworkers at a disadvantage for tax season. Draw a parallel to your own life and stop acting like you wish death upon this man. GMG's obsession with Vizza is crazy, move on.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

Let me remind everyone. Are we going to call every player who is no longer at another program and currently on our roster (#14 on your program for one), a quitter?

Another example would be Jordan Case. He started out at Sul Ross St. and was freshman of the year in their league. He then transferred to North Texas and became (IMHO) one of the best QB's of all time at NT. How would all of you people who are quick to use the "Q" word feel if all those people in Alpine Texas, to this day, called Jordan Case a "quitter"?

And finally, WHO FRIGGIN CARES IF G. VIZZA NO LONGER PLAYS FOOTBALL?

geezz louise people.... <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You guys can jump on me all you want, but this troubles me immensely. Yes, everyone should have control of their own destiny, and the young man should be able to make his own decisions. But, and in this case, Vizza was a QUITTER!

He knew what the situation was before he jumped on board. The team...the coaches...the school...put a lot of faith and confidence in him when they signed him. Did he honestly think that it was going to be a cake walk in college? That the wins were just going to be rolling up for a rebuilding team? Come on...pretty naive! Did he HONESTLY think it was going to be as easy as HS??? Those are two different animals...Div IA vs. HS ball. I mean come one...comparing frickin' HS football to the highest level of college football!!! :angry:

If he wanted to play football and not have to work as hard, then maybe he should have tried DII or DIII. Seriously...pretty pathetic...

The fact is HE COMMITTED TO PLAYING FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS!!! HE IS A DANG QUITTER. PERIOD.

I have been teaching my kids that when you start something (project, sports, etc.) you stick with it. Once you commit to it you stick with it. You can certainly ask for help along the way (there is no shame in that), but DO NOT just up and leave!

Who knows where we would be if he would have hung in there. Maybe it would have not gotten any better...but quitting was NOT the answer. Actually, I am kind of surprised because I thought he was a real warrior. I really liked Vizza...thought he was exactly what we needed. But, I also think that he was concerned about RD...knew that he could not compete with RD so, and again, he QUIT!

You know what...let's just move on....Vizza is ancient history now...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank God that quitter quit when he did.

Anyone else find it strange that Dibbs still drives home to meet up with his "Buddy" almost every weekend?

:ph34r:

That's it!! You hit the nail on that head!!! He QUIT because TD did not use the TIGHT END enough...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol:

a friend of mine who got a fb scholarship to NT quit in the fall practice one year after he got two of his helmets busted by a defensive lineman. Of course he was only a sophmore at the time.....but the guy who busted his helmets was Joe Greene. I never thought any less of of him for quiting the team.

As for Vizza.....that was one tough kid. Was not afraid of lowering his shoulder to take on tacklers but played during a horrible two years of a rebuilding process with a load of freshmen and sophmore players.

I will always remember the Navy game.

I will always remember Vizza as a tough kid....not a quitter.....he has my respect.

• Upvote 1

I find it both sad and comical that grown men on a message board chastise a young man who decided to take his life in a different direction. Not one person on here knows the whole story and from what I've heard from other players he had good reason to go. Some of you fans quit on Todd Dodge , what makes you so special ? Have you ever quit a job , broke up with a girlfriend ? Does that make you a quitter too ?Sometimes things just don't work out in life. So a kid doesn't play anymore for your favorite college football team and your mad. Bottom line is you think you know what was best for someone you didn't even know. You just knew him as a quarterback... just sad.

This is the past , move on

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Sorry... I didn't realize job of a fan message boards was to coddle fragile little quitters. If I quit my job or left my wife I would fully expect message boards devoted to either of the two to pull no punches.

As it relates to this Football team he's a sorry little quitter.

Luckily we don't need him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I find it both sad and comical that grown men on a message board chastise a young man who decided to take his life in a different direction. Not one person on here knows the whole story and from what I've heard from other players he had good reason to go. Some of you fans quit on Todd Dodge , what makes you so special ? Have you ever quit a job , broke up with a girlfriend ? Does that make you a quitter too ?Sometimes things just don't work out in life. So a kid doesn't play anymore for your favorite college football team and your mad. Bottom line is you think you know what was best for someone you didn't even know. You just knew him as a quarterback... just sad.

This is the past , move on

I like how he's moved on with life and doesn't seem to be wallowing in negativity. Good article. Good example.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't blame Vizza for quitting the football team in the shape it was in under Coach Dodge. I admire the players who stuck it out like Riley Dodge, but that doesn't mean Vizza should be taking so much abuse for deciding he'd rather be somewhere else.

He still has eligibility, so I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind and ends up somewhere. He was a good QB. When he lost faith in Coach Dodge and we lost our best quarterback, it may have been the final thing that sealed his fate here.