Jim Leavitt Investigation

CaliMeanGreen

I already broke down his contract a couple of nights ago.

He's in suit to collect a little over $7 million versus what would otherwise be a payout in the neighborhood of $60k.

If he was terminated without cause, he has to seek similar football employment. It doesn't appear that he's done so in 2010, so I'd say USF would be off the hook for 2010 if they were to be have terminated him without cause.

I just want MizzouTiger to give some bona fides with the information he claims to have.

Leavitt was fired on January 8, 2010. How many job opening do you think there were that late in the game? And how many would even consider it with the screw job so recent?

Whoa, whoa, whoa there big fella...

He's not going to forego his lawsuit. Leavitt wants his name cleared first and foremost.

That tells me right there if you were an attorney you would not be worth your salt. The lawsuit will go on and if he prevails USF will have to pay the difference of his salary between his contract and what UNT would pay him unless they reach a sizable settlement.

Let's suffice to say Leavitt is on RV's radar screen, so it's you and the rest of your alumni is who need to be calling and emailing RV, not me.

We already know all this from a couple of nights ago.

Our point is, you have no new or inside information. If you do, either spill it or quit.

Further, if I was his attorney, I'd already have had a settlement in hand for him, the way Mangino's attorney did quickly after he was accused. Leavitt's attorney don't seem to have the requisite skill to negotiate a clean break for him. Either that or he's such a hot head that he won't back down...or, his attorneys are too stupid to back down.

I think that there was actually a second throat grabber in that locker room. Possibly loitering around on the grassy bench.

Leavitt was a patsy and that report was a sham. How could he hold his clipboard, draw on the whiteboard, AND throat grab that kid? I, for one, do not believe in the "magic chokehold" theory.

Leavitt was a scapegoat. Plain and simple.

Let's just hope for his sake and ours that he isn't choked by some angry mafia member, or he'll never clear his name.

Let's just hope for his sake and ours that he isn't choked by some angry mafia member, or he'll never clear his name.

Jim Leavitt is out there, every day (between rounds of golf), trying to find the REAL chokers. He and his sidekick Mike Caneles (MC for short) are tirelessly working to clear his name.

• Upvote 1

This so called report was a sham. I challenge anyone that has been in management or even an attorney to read it and they will agree it is a very slip-shod and poorly written "report." There was no investigation, there was an inquisition conducted by Sandy Lovins a USF employee aided by an attorney that specializes in management side employment issues. All they did was interview 29 of the 60 people that were in the room and chose to believe the disgruntled players that said what they wanted to hear while ignoring and deeming not credible a Florida State Trooper, several players, the strength coach and a parent/volunteer coach.

It was a screw job from the very beginning because Doug Woolard wanted to fire "The Father of USF Football" and not pay him one dime as well as flagrantly breaching his contract.

i have a hard time believing your version of his actions unless you were there.[ sounds more like the "grassey knoll" than actual fact.] i personally have no interest in hiring a coach whatever his record who was previously fired from his position for abusing his players in whatever fashion, and would no longer financially support out football program should we do so. i also would not hire a bully like bobby knight either. there are just too many good coaches with great character available. just my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

f he was terminated without cause, he has to seek similar football employment. It doesn't appear that he's done so in 2010, so I'd say USF would be off the hook for 2010 if they were to be have terminated him without cause.

Maybe this is the effort to "seek employment" without actually doing enough to get the job.

i personally have no interest in hiring a coach whatever his record who was previously fired from his position for abusing his players in whatever fashion, and would no longer financially support out football program should we do so.

There is never a 100% truth to any allegation and story...especially when it comes to coaches and players. Bobby Knight might be a different story because there have been multiple incidents in his career. But even that didn't affect him that much because players were willing to play for him. Not supporting Leavitt and the program if he is on board is totally your perogative because his resume will suggest that if or when you leave 100 new supporters will come. It is what it is.

Edited by Green Mean

I think we all know who did this...

1119dickey.jpg

The Dickey Monster.

The dark, devious puppetmaster behind all the evil in the North Texas universe.

That guy is like the Illuminati, Masons, Bildeberg Group, and the Trilateral Commission, all rolled up into one diabetic with a bad ticker.

The Dickey Monster.

That guy is like the Illuminati, Masons, Bildeberg Group, and the Trilateral Commission, all rolled up into one diabetic with a bad ticker.

I advocate creation of a blue ribbon commission (Earl Warren, are you out there?)or a special senate subcommittee on character assassination of coaches.

Further, if I was his attorney, I'd already have had a settlement in hand for him, the way Mangino's attorney did quickly after he was accused. Leavitt's attorney don't seem to have the requisite skill to negotiate a clean break for him. Either that or he's such a hot head that he won't back down...or, his attorneys are too stupid to back down.

No, you wouldn't. USF has absolutely refused to negotiate and even refused to pay his one month severance. This whole charade is about nothing more than money.

Just think what he will do to some of our guys after some of their personal foul calls.

We won't have them for long.

Leavitt is right handed.

But that kid's head snapped back and to the left. Back, and to the LEFT. It couldn't have been Leavitt.

Were there any Cuban players in that USF locker room? How about Italians?

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit

The Dickey Monster.

Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him?

This is such BS. South Florida owed Leavitt for taking them from the trailers to a BCS conference and at one point the #2 team in the NATION. South Florida didn't want to pay Leavitt what they owed him so they stabbed him in the back and never let him provide HIS side of the story which to my understanding was supported by many many witnesses. I think he is a fantastic fit for North Texas and I hope that he will be given full consideration as he deserves it!! GMG!

never let him provide HIS side of the story

Exactly. How can anyone here hammer the guy without knowing his side to the story?

Not Leach or Fran and certainly not Bower had as much of an uphill climb as this man had ahead of him when he

started USF. They may have had great accomplishments at their previous jobs but they had a he'll of a lot more to work with.

Leavitt is the Fire Breathing Dragon we so desperately need on our sidelines.

Rick