We Must Have A Big Name Coach Asap

FLAUNTER

UTSA got Larry Coker with no team fielded yet.

UTEP has Mike Price.

Tulane has Bob Toledo.

UCF has George O'Leary.

Those are the only examples off the top of my head of former BCS-level coaches now at non-AQs.

The thing is, many coaches want a second shot. I doubt Tulane is paying Toledo anywhere near what he was making at UCLA. Ditto O'Leary with what he was making at Georgia Tech.

Guys are out there. I hope we do well enough over the final six games to give this current coaching staff another shot at it. But, if we don't, I think there are probably a good dozen veteran coaches who would give this thing a shot. Especially with the new stadium on the way.

UTSA got Larry Coker with no team fielded yet.

UTEP has Mike Price.

Tulane has Bob Toledo.

UCF has George O'Leary.

Those are the only examples off the top of my head of former BCS-level coaches now at non-AQs.

The thing is, many coaches want a second shot. I doubt Tulane is paying Toledo anywhere near what he was making at UCLA. Ditto O'Leary with what he was making at Georgia Tech.

Guys are out there. I hope we do well enough over the final six games to give this current coaching staff another shot at it. But, if we don't, I think there are probably a good dozen veteran coaches who would give this thing a shot. Especially with the new stadium on the way.

Yes! :thumbsup:

Let's all let this be our new Mean Green "hiring a new HFC" mindset from now till hiring day; that is, unless we tie for the SBC this year and go to the NO's Bowl since we would have been the last of the "tie teams" to have gone. :cry:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

for those of you that think low hanging fruit is the best unt can do, please stand in the back of the room. there is going to be a new sheriff and it will not be a tenderfoot.

Not sure what that last part means, but I agree: to any who are saying 'we don't have the support', you should instead be asking 'why don't we have the support?' and 'how can we get the support?' Do you think that the support base for other schools spontaneously appeared? Our administration seems to have been thinking that for years.

Not sure what that last part means, but I agree: to any who are saying 'we don't have the support', you should instead be asking 'why don't we have the support?' and 'how can we get the support?' Do you think that the support base for other schools spontaneously appeared? Our administration seems to have been thinking that for years.

Maybe he means there's a bigger commitment and dedication in place than past history would suggest for this next hire.

Come on folks, respect for the deceased?

I know, probably a generational thing.

We 'boomers are probably still the last generation that when we visit a cemetary we still step over gravesites (instead of on them), but don't forget that we all also lived our lives in black and white until NBC introduced color to all of us. :blink::unsure::)

GMG!

• Downvote 1

Is Zombie Landry not available?

He'd probably be a little stiff at press conferences and I can't imagine him at the Pourhouse,

but he'd may work for cheap...

Look dude, we're having serious, far-fetched conversation here...if you can't just throw a high-priced re-tread from a big conference name who won't even come here for an interview out there, just keep the BS sarcasm to yourself.

Back on topic...what about Frank Beamer? I like his attention to special teams

• Upvote 1

Look dude, we're having serious, far-fetched conversation here...if you can't just throw a high-priced re-tread from a big conference name who won't even come here for an interview out there, just keep the BS sarcasm to yourself.

Back on topic...what about Frank Beamer? I like his attention to special teams

I'd like to throw Steve Austin as suggestion for HC at NT. He's used to having lots of money being spent on him to resurrect his career.

Alright... alright, I'll be serious about flogging this topic to death... no more retreads!

Bring in Wade Philips!

He will be looking for a job and he is pretty "high-profile". He has coached a "big-time program" in North Texas. Why not? He is a really good defensive coach. He is a bigger name than anybody else we could find. He is on national television EVERY week and on the Dallas radio EVERY week. He also knows a bunch of wealthy folks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He will be looking for a job and he is pretty "high-profile". He has coached a "big-time program" in North Texas. Why not? He is a really good defensive coach. He is a bigger name than anybody else we could find. He is on national television EVERY week and on the Dallas radio EVERY week. He also knows a bunch of wealthy folks.

Maybe he could bring his dad along to be a coordinator just like Lane Kiffin!