Todd Dodge & Riley Dodge Are Not Winners, They're Whiners!

MeanGreen01

This team has no leadership. The lack of leadership with this team is causing the close loses. We have the athletes. The head coach (Dodge) and quarterback (Riley) are far from leaders. It's a shame that our offensive coordinator has to pull Riley Dodge out to WR and let Lance Dunbar run the offense with the Wildcat.

Hats off to you Lance Dunbar, hell of a game. Todge is totally accountable for this teams problems. He has failed to stop his players from foolish penalties....over 5 personal fouls in one game. Of which, Royce Hill had 2 personal fouls. A real coach would have discipline within his team and would not allow this to happen.

I was a supporter of Todge until now. He has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to lead a DI college football team to championships..... or even win 2 games back2back since he's been here. Maybe it's time he step down and finally have success again in 4A or 5A High School Football.

A new stadium, a new head coach, a new beginning for North Texas Football in 2011!!

Go Mean Green

• Downvote 21

Are you serious with yourself right now? You're really gonna knock Riley after that game?! What did he do to deserve that? He played a hell of a game. His feet kept many plays alive, while also picking up some big 1st downs. He took alot of shots that I wasn't expecting him to get up from. He threw 1 INT and that was a pass that was deflected by his receiver.

And the reason Riley was "pulled" to WR to let Lance run the Wildcat is bc, well, thats what the Wildcat is!! A RB lined up at QB, it's been a new fad in football for the last few years. There is a reason Riley was moved to WR, he can't throw the ball downfield. So what do you want from him? He did what he was asked to do, manage the game. Be a field general. I think he did a damn good job of that tonight.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 5

And just another thing....

Notice on every interview he gives it's our players need to do this, our players didn't do that, and I told my players. It's never Todge's fault. Maybe he should start looking at himself first instead of looking at and pointing out others for the reason they lost by such a small margin.

Todge, it might help to look at yourself in the mirror for once and take some responsibility. After all, you are the Head Coach right??

Too many loses, close loses at that, for it to be just "Your Players" fault.

• Downvote 4

Not sure what you have against Riley. The man has showed some guts and he kept us in the game tonight. Knock TD all you want but knocking RD is just blaming the kid just because he is the head coach's son.

I guess you are right with this statement. My frustration probably shouldn't be so with Riley, but with Todd Dodge. I guess the reason I'm giving him such a hard time is b/c of his dad's coaching. Riley did play his best and I shouldn't be knocking him so hard.

Just tired of losing and being on this same music track.

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And just another thing....

Notice on every interview he gives it's our players need to do this, our players didn't do that, and I told my players. It's never Todge's fault. Maybe he should start looking at himself first instead of looking at and pointing out others for the reason they lost by such a small margin.

Todge, it might help to look at yourself in the mirror for once and take some responsibility. After all, you are the Head Coach right??

Too many loses, close loses at that, for it to be just "Your Players" fault.

Can you indicate which Coach committed a personal foul or dropped a pass ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Can you indicate which Coach committed a personal foul or dropped a pass ?

Where you even at this game? If so you would have noticed who much more talent we had than UL. We should have won that game by 14+ , but again superior coaching makes up for the talent difference

I'll agree, so all will be in agreement with benching, say, a Senior WR that made the SBC All-Conf list, who has already lost his Kick Returner job to a (damned good) Freshman, and has seriously regressed from last year ? I would agree with that. Because that's really the only option a Coach has with a player that simply will not concentrate.

Well let me explain how the coach's responsible for personal fouls.

When a single player has 2 personal fouls and the coach doesn't take the player out of the game, at least for one play, it sends a message to the rest of the team that this type of behavior is tolerated and excepted. A coach, especially the head coach, is the boss and leader of the team.

Just like in our own careers. For example: If you do something wrong at work and it has a negative effect on your company, wouldn't you expect your boss to say something?? If you did it again within the same day....or in this case, the same game....what would you expect a leader to do??? Continue to let it happen? A leader??

That's what I mean.

On the dropped passes. I don't think that a couple loses due to dropped balls is the coach's fault. But I do think that it happening this many times, losing as many close games as we have, has to be some of the coach's fault. Having a winning attitude and a belief that no matter what, we are winning this game. By having this attitude, you may not win them all, but you should and will win more than One back2back wins in 6 years!!!!

Go Mean Green

Edited by MeanGreen01

Your straw man argument is soundly rejected.

Based on what you are saying, it's clear you don't think Dodge and his staff are to blame for the god awful program of NT football. So my question was a very valid one to you. But with your response you already answered my question.

Edited by Green Mean

Where you even at this game? If so you would have noticed who much more talent we had than UL. We should have won that game by 14+ , but again superior coaching makes up for the talent difference

I agree with this, and felt that we would pull it out somehow because of that. Also, I agree with what Dunham was saying in the post game; time to with the wildcat, or the single wing as it was called in the old days. We just don't have the players to try reverting to last year's gameplan (not that it worked so well last year). One more thing, Brandon McCoy will be a great player for us; get him in the game more.

Edited by eulessismore

When a single player has 2 personal fouls and the coach doesn't take the player out of the game, at least for one play, it sends a message to the rest of the team that this type of behavior is tolerated and excepted. A coach, especially the head coach, is the boss and leader of the team.

The personal fouls were bone-headed, but you simply cannot take Royce Hill out of the game. Even for one play, or whoever comes in for him (D'Leon McCord?) will get picked-on and burned until Royce returns.

Hill is our best cover man right now... he simply can't come out of the game. He can't make those mistakes either. He knows better, but it appears his emotions got the best of him a few times tonight. That can't happen anymore.

The personal fouls were bone-headed, but you simply cannot take Royce Hill out of the game. Even for one play, or whoever comes in for him (D'Leon McCord?) will get picked-on and burned until Royce returns.

Hill is our best cover man right now... he simply can't come out of the game. He can't make those mistakes either. He knows better, but it appears his emotions got the best of him a few times tonight. That can't happen anymore.

Well said. I know he is good and it's a tough thing to take him out. Maybe call a time out and have a discussion with him. Let him know that he will pay for it in practice. Maybe he wouldn't make those same mistakes. As we all know, these things can cost the team a win.....especially if it's a close game.....and we've seemed to lose lots of those!!!

No need to blame Riley for this loss. He turned out a very gutsy performance IMO. He cannot help that he has what looks like a junior high arm, and it is not his fault that the coaches have gone with him instead of Baine or others. Blame the coaches if we must, and we just have to hope that they wake up and realize that our opponents have film too. We need a passing threat over 25 yards, and a kicking threat over 10 yards, and we might be able to finish off some games.

No need to blame Riley for this loss. He turned out a very gutsy performance IMO. He cannot help that he has what looks like a junior high arm, and it is not his fault that the coaches have gone with him instead of Baine or others. Blame the coaches if we must, and we just have to hope that they wake up and realize that our opponents have film too. We need a passing threat over 25 yards, and a kicking threat over 10 yards, and we might be able to finish off some games.

I love this... What about Baine? I was watching the game on ESPN GamePlan and if it's as they say: he can't throw deep due to his arm, and he even has a limited amount of throws he can throw during practice. etc., why are we not looking at Baine? He and Thompson are our QB's of the future. We should be at least seeing what he has to offer since he doesn't have a throwing threshold!! As crazy as it sounds, think about this one. We are a DI program, that I know has 2 QB's out, but why aren't we even trying Baine and putting Riley back at WR where he too can be a threat?

Just Saying!!

Go Mean Green