Does Coach Dodge Get Mulligan?

MeanGreenSig

No. Other teams are expected to deal with these issues. We can not make excuses.

Oh please!!! We are not talking about bumps and bruises here, these are season ending injuries. Check it out, we are approaching at the least 10% of the traveling squad. Yes, there are coaching problems, but to imply other teams deal with injuries of this magnitude without missing a beat is ludicrous.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Oh please!!! We are not talking about bumps and bruises here, these are season ending injuries. Check it out, we are approaching at the least 10% of the traveling squad. Yes, there are coaching problems, but to imploy other teams deal with injuries of this magnitude without missing a beat is ludicrous!

No NO NO excuses

How silly to even think this,

Special teams suck for four years and still suck, stupid mistakes and so forth, this the same old crap. Injuries don't address these issues. If this was Dodge's first year it is an excuse. If Dodge does not get his 7 wins then he goes period, he was lucky to be here this season to begin with.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2

Oh please!!! We are not talking about bumps and bruises here, these are season ending injuries. Check it out, we are approaching at the least 10% of the traveling squad. Yes, there are coaching problems, but to imply other teams deal with injuries of this magnitude without missing a beat is ludicrous.

Yep. In my 35+ years of watching football, I have NEVER seen this kind of thing happen at any level. The number of injuries is bad. But, it is the severity of the injuries that is just so shocking. All of these injries are either season and/or career ending.

Where's that pendejo "will to win"? This is right up that cabron's alley...

I think given the circumstances... probably should weigh heavily into Dodge's future. Of course there is a whole lot of season left.

If there is to be an honest debate about this... then the injuries can not be ignored...

Is it conditioning, bad luck, Vishnu forsaking us... who knows...

Where's that pendejo "will to win"? This is right up that cabron's alley...

I think given the circumstances... probably should weigh heavily into Dodge's future. Of course there is a whole lot of season left.

If there is to be an honest debate about this... then the injuries can not be ignored...

Is it conditioning, bad luck, Vishnu forsaking us... who knows...

Such crap, Dodge is lucky to even be here this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No NO NO excuses

How silly to even think this,

Special teams suck for four years and still suck, stupid mistakes and so forth, this the same old crap. Injuries don't address these issues. If this was Dodge's first year it is an excuse. If Dodge does not get his 7 win then he goes period, he was lucky to be here this season to begin with.

OK King, but think this year, just up to this point, would have gone two years ago under these circumstances. We have improved, but it does not show in the W and that is the law. And by the way, I am not excusing the last two years. But you know better than to think we are talented enough across the board to overcome these injuries. And I don't think you will have to worry about six wins, two wins, whatever that is a mute point. Dodge will resign, he is not stupid. Even he knows things have to change and that the change begins with him.

Edited by Green Dozer

OK King, but think this year would have gone two years ago under these circumstances. And by the way, I am not excusing the last two years. But you know better than to think we are talented enough across the board to overcome these injuries. And I don't think you will have to worry about six wins, two wins, whatever that is a mute point. Dodge will resign, he is not stupid, even he knows things have to change and the change begins with him. Now we can start the same old cycle that has been around since Moses of bringing a new coach in, give him a bb gun, and go shoot elephants. We will have a new coach next year, and he will be gone within 4 years to.

Tune got hurt because he had to stand in there to try and save last weeks game, if we had any and I mean any special teams of a normal or average nature we should have had that game wrapped up last week, the Riley calls the silly drops and the list continues. But we should have never been in that position last week. I blame coaching and I am sick sick sick of the same mistake. Short of the Defense this year nothing much has changed.

Such crap, Dodge is lucky to even be here this season.

Now, now... there's no need for that...

Every negative nancy is gonna get their wish...

Mr. Greendozer is mostly likely correct... Dodge will be probably do the dignified thing and resign at some point in the not to distant future...

#11 should not be playing QB at the FBS level unless we switch to the triple option like Army or GT. He cannot throw the damn ball with any velocity. If we have nobody on the team that can throw a better ball than #11, then we might as well mail it in and save on the travel costs for the rest of the season.

Tune got hurt because he had to stand in there to try and save last weeks game, if we had any and I mean any special teams of a normal or average nature we should have had that game wrapped up last week, the Riley calls the silly drops and the list continues. But we should have never been in that position last week. I blame coaching and I am sick sick sick of the same mistake. Short of the Defense this year nothing much has changed.

Defense is better yes. But take out the Clemson game, and we have had 50+ points put on us. Short field? Well, NO EXCUSES, right? If giving up 50+ points, and there is no excuse, then there needs to be changes on defense to. Look, Deloach is a good coach. But, sorry, changes need to be made on that side of ball to, excuses or not.

Now, now... there's no need for that...

Every negative nancy is gonna get their wish...

Mr. Greendozer is mostly likely correct... Dodge will be probably do the dignified thing and resign at some point in the not to distant future...

Dignified? Are you kidding me? He failed miserably at his job. There is nothing dignified in resigning when you are 5-34 and counting.

Dignified? Are you kidding me? He failed miserably at his job. There is nothing dignified in resigning when you are 5-34 and counting.

Calm down... I agree there is nothing dignified in a 5-34 record...

But don't you think he would be dignified in his exit? Maybe, maybe not, but we'll find out...

Let's take the injuries and utterly humiliating and inept performance out of it, shall we?

How about the nationally covered team wide drug scandal, the racism allegations and embarrassing news reports about such, sideline "cussing" controversies, players transferring mysteriously, several other behavioral transgressions in rapid succession, closed practices, poor information flow, minimal fan contact compared to predecessors, and curious practice snap distribution reeking of nepotism... AT LEAST HE'S MAKING GOOD HUSBANDS AND FATHERS!!!!1!

Not to mention the obligatory coach/fan near fight! He matched and/or 1 upped that rogue Dickey tenure in literally almost every way... if DD ran a "rogue program", then what is this??

Some people like Dodge as a person. Great, that's just fine. But on the field, off the field, and everywhere else... this is a 4 year catastrophe. The only positives - attendance, new stadium - happened IN SPITE of him, and instead because of tailgating suddenly being allowed, creative financing, etc... There is no viable argument for defending this train wreck.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

if memory serves, we fired dd a few days after he has released from the hospital after being admitted for a suspected heart attack, so i doubt if rv is going to cut td any slack. the injuries are significate, but bottom line is when we hired dodge we thought we were getting a t-bone and enden up with chicked fried steak.

Let's take the injuries and utterly humiliating and inept performance out of it, shall we?

How about the nationally covered team wide drug scandal, the racism allegations and embarrassing news reports about such, sideline "cussing" controversies, players transferring mysteriously, several other behavioral transgressions in rapid succession, closed practices, poor information flow, minimal fan contact compared to predecessors, and curious practice snap distribution reeking of nepotism... AT LEAST HE'S MAKING GOOD HUSBANDS AND FATHERS!!!!1!

Not to mention the obligatory coach/fan near fight! He matched and/or 1 upped that rogue Dickey tenure in literally almost every way... if DD ran a "rogue program", then what is this??

Some people like Dodge as a person. Great, that's just fine. But on the field, off the field, and everywhere else... this is a 4 year catastrophe. The only positives - attendance, new stadium - happened IN SPITE of him, and instead because of tailgating suddenly being allowed, creative financing, etc... There is no viable argument for defending this train wreck.

Why do you and a few others feel a need to stand around the practice field with the players? I mean, that does not happen anywhere else, certainly not in a program that takes itself seriously. As for national coverage of the "drug scandal", it made the New York Times. And it was a positive article at that.

Edited by Green Dozer

He doesn't need a mulligan for this, isn't the off season and practice suppose to get players for game day. This amount of injuries really shows a lake of preparation and stamina. For the last three years I have attended football games and watched them on TV, I have seen nice improvements on defense, but they eventually break because they are on the field all day in their own territory. Our special teams might as well not exist we haven't had any positive returns at all this season. Our offense needs a line to block for the QB, no matter who it is, till then we don't know what we have besides a great runner who the opponents haven't had great luck stopping.

Todge and Rodge need to move on and maybe we can get our program into a building stage. Carroll is a great high school football team but it just hasn't worked here sorry Todge but you are a good fit for UNT.

He doesn't need a mulligan for this, isn't the off season and practice suppose to get players for game day. This amount of injuries really shows a lake of preparation and stamina. For the last three years I have attended football games and watched them on TV, I have seen nice improvements on defense, but they eventually break because they are on the field all day in their own territory. Our special teams might as well not exist we haven't had any positive returns at all this season. Our offense needs a line to block for the QB, no matter who it is, till then we don't know what we have besides a great runner who the opponents haven't had great luck stopping.

Todge and Rodge need to move on and maybe we can get our program into a building stage. Carroll is a great high school football team but it just hasn't worked here sorry Todge but you are a good fit for UNT.

Yea, torn acls', broken and dislocated bones are always a stamina thing.

• Upvote 1