"you're Being Outcoached ----Again"

ArkansasEagle

I was sitting near a person who was yelling about the coaches decisions, (or the lack thereof) late in the 4th quarter. He was yelling loud enough for RV to deliver the most "staredown" I've ever seen. Friends that were sitting with me were shocked that the athletic director was "staring down" someone who was very upset, etc.

I think the person saying bad things about the coaching staff ....maybe doesn't know the whole story? On the other hand, the athletic director should turn the other way. The game was bad enough, but really.........we're better than that!

Sure, we lost a close game....the coaches, fans and players were upset. I am sure the players really wanted this game. However, fans shouldn't be negative.....and the athletic director should of walked away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was sitting near a person who was yelling about the coaches decisions, (or the lack thereof) late in the 4th quarter. He was yelling loud enough for RV to deliver the most "staredown" I've ever seen. Friends that were sitting with me were shocked that the athletic director was "staring down" someone who was very upset, etc.

I think the person saying bad things about the coaching staff ....maybe doesn't know the whole story? On the other hand, the athletic director should turn the other way. The game was bad enough, but really.........we're better than that!

Sure, we lost a close game....the coaches, fans and players were upset. I am sure the players really wanted this game. However, fans shouldn't be negative.....and the athletic director should of walked away.

Search meangreenbob and read some recent posts. It will blow your mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So is staring now against the law? I was staring, too. I'll stop.

GMG!

He was yelling loud enough for RV to deliver the most "staredown" I've ever seen. Friends that were sitting with me were shocked that the athletic director was "staring down" someone who was very upset, etc.

I'm surprised RV didn't just ignore him. ADs and coaches who get into altercations with fans always look stupid. It's generally a sign that firings are on the horizon.

I'm surprised RV didn't just ignore him. ADs and coaches who get into altercations with fans always look stupid. It's generally a sign that firings are on the horizon.

I think it is an act of frustration by RV. You know this has to be frustrating for everyone in the AD, and they damn sure don't want to hear from some yahoo in the stands how bad things are.

I would be more concerned if RV didn't have this reaction. I think it was an easy outlet for his frustration, and I understand that.

Give it a rest. Every thing that could have been said has already been said. So what, do you need some attention ArkansasEagle? Ok. BOO! And furthermore, if it is me that you are referring to, the game was over and there was not any "bad" things being said. Just the facts, Jack.

And Plumm, aren't your words of wisdom better spent elsewhere. I mean really. You're bigger than this.

And Quoner, thanks for directing this fine gentleman to the appropriate thread.

It's over, people....move on!

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then they better stay away from the student section because it is filled with loudmouth yahoos.

See, but when there are a bunch of loudmouthed yahoos, they all yell over each other and it kind of sounds like cheering. So, more power to them.

The incident doesn't bother me, I was just trying to look at it from RV's perspective and what he was thinking at the time.

Edited by UNT90

Give it a rest. Every thing that could have been said has already been said. So what, do you need some attention ArkansasEagle? Ok. BOO! And furthermore, if it is me that you are referring to, the game was over and there was not any "bad" things being said. Just the facts, Jack.

And Plumm, aren't your words of wisdom better spent elsewhere. I mean really. You're bigger than this.

Why so angry... your post in the other thread didn't seem to reflect any statements that would warrant this...

angry_baby.jpg

I would be more concerned if RV didn't have this reaction. I think it was an easy outlet for his frustration, and I understand that.

RV's reaction is why he will never be hired away from UNT, he will have the same fate as DD, win some and doing well for himself but keeps shooting self in the foot with his actions, until he is cut lose.

• Downvote 4

Primo.....I am not angry. This is all old news. Although it is possible that RV had to stare down a lot of people all night long I am probably safe in saying that AE was referring to me. If so, he didn't have his facts right.

The game was over, it wasn't in the 4th quarter and there were no "bad" things being said about the coaches.

It's important that one doesn't inject false or misleading information.

Carry on!

I was sitting in section E and I came very close to pulling a meangreenbob when the guys in white shirts and jeans on the sidelines kept trying to get the crowd to stand up and yell when it was 3rd down and WE HAD THE BALL. :angry:

reminds me of when the student section was screaming on our third down on the last drive. . .

but I thought about it again and remembered some linebacker saying that they like it when it is quiet. They can make their calls easier. So is it possible that our fanbase is just that knowledgeable?

Nah.

It remains bad fan etiquette to yell while your team is on offense.

reminds me of when the student section was screaming on our third down on the last drive. . .

but I thought about it again and remembered some linebacker saying that they like it when it is quiet. They can make their calls easier. So is it possible that our fanbase is just that knowledgeable?

Nah.

It remains bad fan etiquette to yell while your team is on offense.

Ignorance is the better word choice here.

Your reply struck me as a little ironic. Regarding what I put in bold, seems to me that you were the one in need of some attention. Isn't that why you stand up in front of 20,000 and make a fool of yourself, to get some attention? Then again, I kind of appreciate it when people act like this in public. It provides a nice teaching moment for my two young sons on personal conduct and class.

• Upvote 1