Extra Tickets?

Green Crazy

Does anyone happen to have some extra tickets on the alum side? I've got a couple of friends that will attend...I will need 2-3, but any would help. I can get them from the ticket office, but I'd rather not pay face value if I don't have to, I am willing to pay though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

wait for it...wait....wait...someone will come on here and talk about how you shopuldn't give your ticekts away because UNT needs to sell all thwe tickets they can....No good deed goes unpunished on GMG.com!

OK, it's a post done in jest and based on actual historical, verifiable fact, so don't go all "postal" on me here.... :P:censored::innocent:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Does anyone happen to have some extra tickets on the alum side? I've got a couple of friends that will attend...I will need 2-3, but any would help. I can get them from the ticket office, but I'd rather not pay face value if I don't have to, I am willing to pay though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

Send me a PM if you still need some.

My friends had to cancel, and I haven't found replacements, so I have 3 tickets for Rice available - 2 of my 4 tickets in section E, plus one extra ticket that's waiting on call. I don't know exactly where that extra seat is, but the ticket office said they would try to make it near my regular seats.

Send me a PM.

how easy is it to walk up and purchase alumni tickets?

Well, first, there is no thing as "alumni tickets", but I am sad to say that it is VERY easy to purchase tickets on game day at the stadium. I hope for the day when it will impossible to by tickets on game day!

One can sit on either side of the stadium, but students and visiting fans generally sit on one side with fans, alums, friends, etc. on the other...tradition just has seen the press box side called the "alumni side"....pick your seats, either side...just come. Welcome!

Well, first, there is no thing as "alumni tickets", but I am sad to say that it is VERY easy to purchase tickets on game day at the stadium. I hope for the day when it will impossible to by tickets on game day!

One can sit on either side of the stadium, but students and visiting fans generally sit on one side with fans, alums, friends, etc. on the other...tradition just has seen the press box side called the "alumni side"....pick your seats, either side...just come. Welcome!

Well unless we have a sell out, come on sell out. When was the last one Baylor, only one with all the seats?

Yes I can dream.

I finally got around to paying for my season tickets today and spoke to the ticket guy... he said that it has been really busy today, they sold about 500 tickets (phone orders) to the Rice game just this morning (I spoke to him around noon)... That doesn't account for the tickets that were ordered online through the ticketmaster site. My parents might want to come so I checked on individual tickets - there are still reserved seats available for Rice - but only in Section I and some scattered tickets in A and B... The end zones have plenty available - there were 2nd row available all through the end zones. We had better get some serious walk up sales or this game will not be even close to what we are used to for regional opponents. All that being said - I expect us to have a ton of walk up ticket sales (like always)...

Oh, and Harry - I think that the ticket exchange would be really great. I know that I am going to miss a game due to ACL tickets in Austin - but I would love to trade those for some KSU tickets (for someone that will be out of town Thanksgiving weekend)... .just my $.02

Edited by stebo

I need 8 tickets as well. Drop me a note if you have any discounted seats.

This will be my first game since we beat SMU, so I'm looking forward to this one. I had a couple of questions: How hard is it to find a place to tailgate? does it cost anything? and do they still have the family-friendly thing going on close to the stadium?

Thanks for the help.

I need 8 tickets as well. Drop me a note if you have any discounted seats.

This will be my first game since we beat SMU, so I'm looking forward to this one. I had a couple of questions: How hard is it to find a place to tailgate? does it cost anything? and do they still have the family-friendly thing going on close to the stadium?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, the Mean Green Village is still on the old practice field just north east of the stadium and has bounce houses for kids that open about three. Lots of room for the kids to run around on. You can tailgate the Orange lot ($10 for parking, I think). Others may be able to direct you free tailgating areas.

We need ticket sales, that is partly how we fund this program and may count towards what the next conference realignment situation gauges us by. Why in hell would anyone who cares about NT making it to the next level want to encourage others to get in for free? It's not like they are expensive? If you want in the game walk up and buy your tickets.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

We need ticket sales, that is partly how we fund this program and may count towards what the next conference realignment situation gauges us by. Why in hell would anyone who cares about NT making it to the next level want to encourage others to get in for free? It's not like they are expensive? If you want in the game walk up and buy your tickets.

Rick

I agree...to a point. I'm not against selling your tickets at a discounted rate, or giving them away, to someone who is a first timer at Mean Green games. This might lead to cultivating a new fan. I am TOTALLY against people who continuously show up to games looking to mooch a ticket or who forego buying season tickets to try to scam tickets all season long.

It's like the dope game. Your first taste is free. After that, you gotta pay up.

I agree...to a point. I'm not against selling your tickets at a discounted rate, or giving them away, to someone who is a first timer at Mean Green games. This might lead to cultivating a new fan. I am TOTALLY against people who continuously show up to games looking to mooch a ticket or who forego buying season tickets to try to scam tickets all season long.

This.

I have friends that come and tailgate, then leave when I go into the game. The one time I got tickets for 2 of them was last year. They went to the game and returned and bought tickets for 2 more home games last year.

I'm not a mooch. I gave my season tickets away for one game the past two years and was hoping that someone might be willing to spare a ticket. I will buy a GA ticket if I need to but I thought my generosity might have brought me the good fortune that someone might have an extra.

My apologies if my comments hit close to home. Actual season ticket holders are not who I'm talking to. Those people know exactly who they are.