Texas St. Passing Us By?

UNT90

My post wasn't meant as a shot at Texas St., it was more to point out to some on here (and maybe you, if you feel this way) that Texas St. is light years behind where UNT is at this point. Maybe the new endzone construction will add 15,000 seats. I don't see that as a positive. Your stadium's capacity now is just over 15K, so you are essentially adding 15K additional end zone seats? We did that with Fouts 18 years ago. Didn't make sense then, and it shouldn't to Texas St. It would be smarter to extend your existing sideline stands from the 10 yard line through the end zone on each side of the field. Seriously, right now your stadium has a hard time comparing to the Mansfield ISD Stadium (which is rather nice, just FYI).

Curious as to how many times you guys sold out the stadium last year. Curious as to where you plan to park 31K fans, as there are NO lots anywhere around your stadium.

I do wish you guys the best, but I'd prefer to keep you where you belong, which is very distant in our rearview mirror.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I know you guys don't follow TXST but I do. From the reports coming out of the ADs office are as follows.

1st New Track Stadium is breaking ground this Fall as in Our first game will be the Ground Breaking.

2nd As soon as the season is over Bull Dozers are moving into Bobcat Stadium to remove the track and begin adding what sounds like it will be A Two Tier End zone complex that will "Bowl" our North End zone ( side that says TEXAS STATE in the building ) as seen in the picture. It will take approx 1 yr to complete. Engineers are estimating this could add around 15K seats to Bobcat Stadium. Final renderings should be available soon.

After that project is complete we are looking to add to our East Side (Visitor General Admission) to match the West Side Grand Stands.

Last Part to my knowledge is the "bowling" in the South End zone. (End Zone Complex That is seen at the top of the picture.

Also didn't say ours was better just going to be about same size maybe more seating. I am aware yours can be expanded as is ours. Final capacity could be some where around 45-50K. I like the "classic" look our stadium will have. Similar to the Ball Park at Arlington.

also, we have had conceptual drawings for a new stadium around hear since about 2001. Broke ground in 2009. It's just a picture until it's reality.

My post wasn't meant as a shot at Texas St., it was more to point out to some on here (and maybe you, if you feel this way) that Texas St. is light years behind where UNT is at this point. Maybe the new endzone construction will add 15,000 seats. I don't see that as a positive. Your stadium's capacity now is just over 15K, so you are essentially adding 15K additional end zone seats? We did that with Fouts 18 years ago. Didn't make sense then, and it shouldn't to Texas St. It would be smarter to extend your existing sideline stands from the 10 yard line through the end zone on each side of the field. Seriously, right now your stadium has a hard time comparing to the Mansfield ISD Stadium (which is rather nice, just FYI).

Curious as to how many times you guys sold out the stadium last year. Curious as to where you plan to park 31K fans, as there are NO lots anywhere around your stadium.

I do wish you guys the best, but I'd prefer to keep you where you belong, which is very distant in our rearview mirror.

Because Seeing is Believing

Mansfield's new Stadium

image_gallery_mansfieldstadium_02.jpg

vs..

Bobcat Stadium

bobcatstadium.jpg

That's a pretty out dated pic. Also don't forget we're talking about having our stadium built as an FCS program.

Exactly, which is why I think your 45k ambition is a distant goal. Maybe in 10-12 years. Hopefully we will be at 50K by then (an equally ambitious goal).

This seriously wasn't meant as a shot at your university. I'm just tired of hearing from some with huge football insecurity issues that Texas St. and UTSA are going to pass us by.

I think our programs ate in simmilar ( not same) situations. You guys want to be seen as a 1st rate FBS program. We want to be FBS. Do like you guys any time I get to share what's realy going on here at TXST I will. Hope to have UNT over regularly once we get to FBS. Then we can help fill each others stadiums. As for breaking ground on our stadium it's already in progress. Our South EndZone complex was completed in 2004 our new suites and club seats were completed in 2009. Our North Endzone will start as soon as this season is over. Funds are already in place and contractors are in negotiations.

Edited by TXST_CAT
  • Upvote 1

Exactly, which is why I think your 45k ambition is a distant goal. Maybe in 10-12 years. Hopefully we will be at 50K by then (an equally ambitious goal).

This seriously wasn't meant as a shot at your university. I'm just tired of hearing from some with huge football insecurity issues that Texas St. and UTSA are going to pass us by.

In 2005 we sold out our stadium three times when we hosted the first three rounds in the playoffs. Each time tickets were sold out in one to two days. Our regular games average 12k. Opening game is usually a sellout as is home coming.

no offense taken. Grand satnd are being extended as part of the " bowling in" of the Noth Endzone.

We may not pass you up but we're right in your arse. So don't slam your breaks.

I think our programs ate in simmilar ( not same) situations. You guys want to be seen as a 1st rate FBS program. We want to be FBS. Do like you guys any time I get to share what's realy going on here at TXST I will. Hope to have UNT over regularly once we get to FBS. Then we can help fill each others stadiums. As for breaking ground on our stadium it's already in progress. Our South EndZone complex was completed in 2004 our new suites and club seats were completed in 2009. Our North Endzone will start as soon as this season is over. Funds are already in place and contractors are in negotiations.

You have every right to be excited about the future and we wish you the best!

Edited by Coach Andy Mac

Absolutely. Don't we have a home and home with them this season?

The game @ Texas State is the same day as the last game ever at Fouts Field vs. KSU (Nov. 27th). I was going to go to this game as well but can't bring myself to miss the last game at Fouts.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

The game @ Texas State is the same day as the last game ever at Fouts Field vs. KSU (Nov. 27th). I was going to go to this game as well but can't bring myself to miss the last game at Fouts.

I skipped the Army game to see the OSU game in Stillwater last year. No regrets on that one.

I'm planning on going to see basketball again this year. It'll take a HELL of a football season to pull me away from it, if it's even possible.

It's nice that we've got a good range of holiday weekend options in NT sports.

Come back when you can give us the date that construction/upgrades will ACTUALLY begin.

From the local scene section of the S A express news.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/t ... works.html

Another facelift in the works for Bobcat Stadium

By Jerry Briggs on Aug 27, 10 02:04 PM SAN MARCOS -- Another major facelift for Bobcat Stadium apparently is in the works.

Word on the street is that the plan calls for another 13,500 seats to be added to Texas State University's football stadium in an effort to beef up the school's bid to pursue inclusion in a Football Bowl Subdivision conference.

More details could surface next week. But based on preliminary reports, the university is expected to proceed with a plan that would remove the track from the stadium and wall in the north end zone with another seating section that would increase capacity to nearly 30,000.

The reports come on the heels of recent comments from Karl Benson, commissioner of the Western Athletic Conference, who says that Texas State is under consideration as a potential member of that conference.

The timing of the expansion project is unknown at this point. But a school official last year said he hoped to complete it within five years. If that's still the case, then it's possible that the expanded Bobcat Stadium might be ready by 2014.

Cost is likely to run into the millions of dollars range. The refurbished west side of the stadium that opened last year cost $17 million. The west side project included the addition of club seats and luxury suites.

Texas State opens its season Sept. 4 at Houston.

From the local scene section of the S A express news.

http://blogs.mysanan...o.com/weblogs/t ... works.html

Another facelift in the works for Bobcat Stadium

By Jerry Briggs on Aug 27, 10 02:04 PM SAN MARCOS -- Another major facelift for Bobcat Stadium apparently is in the works.

Word on the street is that the plan calls for another 13,500 seats to be added to Texas State University's football stadium in an effort to beef up the school's bid to pursue inclusion in a Football Bowl Subdivision conference.

More details could surface next week. But based on preliminary reports, the university is expected to proceed with a plan that would remove the track from the stadium and wall in the north end zone with another seating section that would increase capacity to nearly 30,000.

The reports come on the heels of recent comments from Karl Benson, commissioner of the Western Athletic Conference, who says that Texas State is under consideration as a potential member of that conference.

The timing of the expansion project is unknown at this point. But a school official last year said he hoped to complete it within five years. If that's still the case, then it's possible that the expanded Bobcat Stadium might be ready by 2014.

Cost is likely to run into the millions of dollars range. The refurbished west side of the stadium that opened last year cost $17 million. The west side project included the addition of club seats and luxury suites.

Texas State opens its season Sept. 4 at Houston.

So 30K in 4 years, not next year, right?

And no mention of any further expansion plans. Lots of "the word is" sources.

But good luck, just not too much.

Texas State's President does a good job of instilling school pride with the students.

Requiring all students live on campus the first two years is a huge part of the school pride initiative.

Maybe if our leaders we're so interesting in shifting the school's focus from Denton to Dallas we wouldn't feel so threaten by a school that plays in d1aa/fcs, has no media market, and is going to be cannibalized by UTSA.

So 30K in 4 years, not next year, right?

And no mention of any further expansion plans. Lots of "the word is" sources.

But good luck, just not too much.

Yea we over at Bobcatfans find it funny that thy didn't mention the start date since it will be this Feb. Durring the bobcat blowout reception that was the date all of the officails were saying.