Coming To Clemson

TigerPete

Greetings to all the MeanGreen faithful. I'm a life long Clemson fan and graduate. Looking forward to the opening of football and having your team come to Death Valley. Regardless of what the pundits and many fans will say, I think this game will be interesting. It could either get out of hand or be tight, nobody knows. I am very intrigued to see your rush offense against our D. We struggled at times against the run last year and this will be a good test for us. Most of all, hoping for a good clean game and no injuries on either side, and of course a Clemson win.

For any of you coming to Clemson, I don't think you will find a more hospitable venue. The vast majority of Clemson fans will welcome you at tailgates, offer any help you may need, and just love college football. I think you will enjoy the beauty of the campus and hopefully leave with nothing but a positive experience.

Is Lauren Bowden still hanging around campus? If so, where would be a good spot to track her down?

UNT is also trying to reach Tier 1 status on U.S. News and World Report's college ranking system...any advice on how to improve our rating?

If I wanted to throw an Antebellum themed costume party the night before the game with my guests dressed as their favorite actors from the period, you know, George Washington Dixon, Thomas D. Rice, Daddy Jim Crow...that'd be cool, right? Or has it been done? Maybe wait until next MLK Day?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Greetings to all the MeanGreen faithful. I'm a life long Clemson fan and graduate. Looking forward to the opening of football and having your team come to Death Valley. Regardless of what the pundits and many fans will say, I think this game will be interesting. It could either get out of hand or be tight, nobody knows. I am very intrigued to see your rush offense against our D. We struggled at times against the run last year and this will be a good test for us. Most of all, hoping for a good clean game and no injuries on either side, and of course a Clemson win.

For any of you coming to Clemson, I don't think you will find a more hospitable venue. The vast majority of Clemson fans will welcome you at tailgates, offer any help you may need, and just love college football. I think you will enjoy the beauty of the campus and hopefully leave with nothing but a positive experience.

Just ask the TCU faithful who swarmed to Death Valley. Clemson has one of the best venues for college football that you can ask for. You won't be able to hear yourself think most of the time. But, that is a good thing.

Like TigerPete said, you'll be welcomed as a guest by almost everyone you meet. Don't forget to come on Friday if you can. You can really see the sights and enjoy the atmosphere. GO TIGERS

Is Lauren Bowden still hanging around campus? If so, where would be a good spot to track her down?

UNT is also trying to reach Tier 1 status on U.S. News and World Report's college ranking system...any advice on how to improve our rating?

If I wanted to throw an Antebellum themed costume party the night before the game with my guests dressed as their favorite actors from the period, you know, George Washington Dixon, Thomas D. Rice, Daddy Jim Crow...that'd be cool, right? Or has it been done? Maybe wait until next MLK Day?

CBL, lay off the coffee and cigarettes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Lauren will not be around, but you will find plenty of other talent around. I know there's a lot of talent in Texas, but I promise will not be disappointed on our campus.

The best advice I can give you is to hire our President. PLEASE HIRE HIM!!!!!

Won't even touch the last one. Folks in Texas hashing out racial sensitivity criticism is like Lane Kiffin giving a speach about running a clean program.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I've yet to get my answers. For a such a strong program, these kitty-cats seem rather intimidated by the hard-hitting questions.

Those weren't hard-hitting, just asinine. Just wait for Sept 4 if you want to see real hard hitting. We'll see what you think about the "kitty-cats" around 7:00 Saturday.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lauren will not be around, but you will find plenty of other talent around. I know there's a lot of talent in Texas, but I promise will not be disappointed on our campus.

Won't even touch the last one. Folks in Texas hashing out racial sensitivity criticism is like Lane Kiffin giving a speach about running a clean program.

Thank you for your courage.

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

TigerPete, welcome to the board. You're halfway through your outsider initiation.

You've solved the riddles of CBL. Now, once you're anointed by the teabag of Quoner... You'll be in for life.

Seriously, though- welcome and thanks for playing along with us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TigerPete, welcome to the board. You're halfway through your outsider initiation.

You've solved the riddles of CBL. Now, once you're anointed by the teabag of Quoner... You'll be in for life.

All in fun...but not sure I want to find out about "the teabag of Quoner" unless she's one of the "Talented Texans" I referenced before :) Interested to hear what some of you think for a game prediction....I'll start with 45-13 with a 24-7 halftime score. I am of course assuming our team comes out and plays at least an A- game.

All in fun...but not sure I want to find out about "the teabag of Quoner" unless she's one of the "Talented Texans" I referenced before :) Interested to hear what some of you think for a game prediction....I'll start with 45-13 with a 24-7 halftime score. I am of course assuming our team comes out and plays at least an A- game.

Oh, I think you'll be pleased with Quoner's looks. Quoner has nice hams. That's what South Carolinians are into right? Hogs?

I think I speak for most of us here when I predict at least a 28 point halftime deficit for Clemson to crawl out of.

Final Score somewhere around 52-20: North Texas.

After putting the KoolAid down, it will probably be somewhere around 49-10 Clemson. Clemson starters should be out by the 4th.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

I might not be as up on my regional stereotypes as I need to be..... but you're from South Carolina right?

kmhn216l.jpg

• Upvote 4

I am also a life long Tiger fan. "GoMeanGreen" sent us an invitation. I agree with everything pete had to say. Those of you who are traveling to the game should have a nice time given TigerTown's spirited reputation.

As for the "riddles of CBL":

1) "She's married"

2) The answer is an ancient, well preserved, ACC secret: *whispers* you have to occasionally beat Duke in basketball during the regular season, or demoralize them in football every year.

3) Not my cup of tea, but I would suggest asking that local 'genius' who gave Vince Young the "horns down" in Dallas last spring. *LOL*

As for the teabags of Quoner... well it's not suggested, as my name kind of specifies why.

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Upvote 1

Sweet. Smack talk from the 6th or 7th most relevant school in the Carolinas!

If we couldn't open the season against North Carolina, Duke, South Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, or the Citadel... At least we could open it against Clemson.

Welcome to the board, and congrats on getting to waggle your dongs at someone besides ECU or SC-Upstate for a change.

But we'd be a lot more inclined to listen to team color smack talk from a school that doesn't look like Prince wearing a hunting vest. OREGON FANS want to vomit when they look at your uniforms, for crying out loud.

And you Clemson fans obviously don't know jack about football. Or you'd realize our kicking game sucks. Only a moron would predict us to kick a successful field goal at this point in fall practice.

Tasty....for you Clemson Tigress Fans....is the one we send in to go toe-to-toe with anyone and everyone worthy of butting heads with. Though I sure would like to see you go into SMUt's Bball forum and handle that homer of a fan by the name of PonyDoh. All in good fun...hope this game is everything both team's fans have been waiting on.

Edited by All About UNT

and Cole Slaw is a SIDE DISH, not a sandwich topping. It goes on the damn plate between the beans and tater salad. Get it right !

HOF worthy post right there. FFR and the boys need to haul the smoker to Clemson and show the "Hello Kitties" a thing or two about BBQ.

• Upvote 2