Boise To...

Rudy

Just heard on the ticket, that Boise is going to get into the MWC. So, now who wants to go to the WACky?

IT'S OFFICIAL

http://www.broncosports.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=502023

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

and

http://twitter.com/sammylinebaugh

Edited by MeanGreen61

They'll be at 8 members now. Depending on how things turn out, I wouldn't mind grabbing three other central time zone teams and joining. First preference would still be CUSA or better.

Agreed. If we don't get into C-USA, move L.A. Tech and NMSU into an eastern division with North Texas and three others. It would make for a 12 conference with a championship.

• Upvote 2

I have been overseas for the last week, and missed most of the current discussion, but have been thinking along the lines of E4L.

Didnt we go through this already? Instead of Super Conferences, we called it Division 1-A and Division 1-AA, or majors and mid-majors now discussed in hoops.

I could handle competing weekly in the less-than-super conferences, if our conference mates include SMU, UH, Tulsa, Louisiana, Ark State, Rice, UTEP, Tulane, NM St. or some such.

Furthest roadtrip is an inexpensive flight to El Paso.

Competitive regional rivalries that can be sold to a FSSW or similar.

Other regional LTS conferences (WAC/LTS, MAC/LTS, etc) compete via playoff to crown a national championship.

(yes, I understand the danger in being segregated into a Major/Non-Major alignment but I believe a side effect of the 4 super conference alignment, done to max income, is to avoid the embarrassment of a TCU/Boise-like outsider actually beating a BCS team for a national championship)

And while everything is changing, how about a $1.5-$2 million mininum game payment to any LTS team that body bags itself into a game with a SC team. I have always felt the collective non-majors have not done enough to leverage the value of giving these majors a week off and a guaranteed(?) win. Unless the majors are moving to a 12-game schedule against the absolute best 60 teams in the country, non-majors provide a great service for the majors and should be compensated appropriately.

So perfect, so unlikely.

IT'S OFFICIAL

http://www.broncosports.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=502023

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276064

Boise is a good fit for the MWC, that makes 10. It will be interesting to see now if the MWC goes after more to get to 12, 14, or 16. If the Big12 remainders want to travel as a group (Baylor, KU, KSU, Iowa St., Mizzou) that would make 15, plus say a UTEP for 16?

Anyway, the WAC's loss of Boise does make UNT's stock go up somewhat. We are the western most available FBS school not already in the Big12, WAC, CUSA, MWC, or PAC10. :)

• Upvote 2

Other than Boise and Nevada on a good day, I think troy, FAU, Ark St, and MTSU can handle the Wac

I tried to give you a negative for your stupid posts but I ran out. I would rather play the likes of Nevada, Fresno St, Hawaii vs. Ula la, FIU or any other school in the belt. So mabye the 4 schools you listed could "handle the WAC"...but they won't put more butts in our stadium.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I tried to give you a negative for your stupid posts but I ran out. I would rather play the likes of Nevada, Fresno St, Hawaii vs. Ula la, FIU or any other school in the belt. So mabye the 4 schools you listed could "handle the WAC"...but they won't put more butts in our stadium.

Nevada put a WHOLE lot less butts in our stadium. As did Utah State and Boise for that matter.
  • Upvote 4

Other than Boise and Nevada on a good day, I think troy, FAU, Ark St, and MTSU can handle the Wac

La Tech and Fresno St could be beat by Arkie St and FAU? Last year Idaho could have even put up a good fight and beat most of those schools. Most years Hawaii would take out any of those schools. Utah St keeps improving as well and would beat FAU and Ark St.

I would think so since Idaho was the Humanitarian Bowl Champions last year. They were probably the 2nd best team in the WAC.

They had an extremely easy OOC and early season schedule to allow them to polevault to their 6-1 (IIRC) start, but they really fell off late in the season; I was surprised they pulled out that bowl victory. I'd say Nevada was 2nd with Fresno and La Tech being a debatable tie at 3rd.