Tcu-smu Vs Wac-bowl Games

dodgefan

I wonder how many of us could travel to Hawaii for a bowl?

It would be tough but I think we could probably muster up a somewhat decent crowd. I mean most people's mentality would not be not going to Hawaii for the game. The game would just be an excuse to go to Hawaii. I think you would be surprised how many fans would show up.

If your team had not been to a bowl game in 25 years, you would not care how much it cost to go.

You're right about that!

NT went through a stretch a LOT longer than that! I know several of us at the 1st New Orleans Bowl thought if we didn't see that one, we might not live to see the next!

Edited by VideoEagle

[quote name='UNTflyer' date='Dec 12 2009, 02:31 PM' post='463557'

I don't understand people who complain about other bowls. If they have sponsors, conference tie-ins, and ratings what harm are they causing.

Exactly. What's the harm in rewarding a team, the school and their fans for a winning year? To a certain degree, this is why I question the need for a football playoff. A playoff would kill the rest of the bowls. I enjoyed going to New Orleans the times we went. I'm sure the SMU fans will enjoy Hawaii, especially those too young to have been to a bowl before! With a playoff, none of us would be going anywhere except once in a Blue Moon.

THe NCAA President's have consistently voted for just enough bowls for teams with 7-5 records to usually get in. There is enough of a TV market for them as ESPN has proven. As long as they pay for themselves, it's a "no harm/no foul" situation.

Exactly. What's the harm in rewarding a team, the school and their fans for a winning year? To a certain degree, this is why I question the need for a football playoff. A playoff would kill the rest of the bowls. I enjoyed going to New Orleans the times we went. I'm sure the SMU fans will enjoy Hawaii, especially those too young to have been to a bowl before! With a playoff, none of us would be going anywhere except once in a Blue Moon.

THe NCAA President's have consistently voted for just enough bowls for teams with 7-5 records to usually get in. There is enough of a TV market for them as ESPN has proven. As long as they pay for themselves, it's a "no harm/no foul" situation.

I wouldn't want UNT to go to this bowl. This is a game that never pays for itself and fans only see on TV. Not a worthwhile endeavor unless you can find a way to cut costs drastically.

Interestingly enough, our bowl package is less expensive than either TCU's bowl or the National Championship. Now I am not talking about the prestige factor, but simply in terms of location, I would rather spend a week in Hawaii than a week in Arizona or LA for the same price. You are right, not everybody is able to go but thank goodness after our long bowl drought we are not ending up in Ft. Worth or some other place like that. New Orleans would have been fun.