Why Fire Dodge?

meangreenbob

You're...you're just not stable, are you?

There was this guy, and he was always requesting shows that had already played. Yes. No. You have to tell her before. He couldn't quite grasp the idea that the charge nurse couldn't make it be yesterday. She couldn't turn back time, thank you, Einstein! Now, *he* was nuts! *He* was a fruitcake, Jim!

It's as simple as that!!!

Why would we give this man another chance when he BLEW the one he already had for a reason that certainly is questionable?

Didnt seem so simple in the other ten threads about this? What are you suggesting the reason is for "certainly questionable"? Giovanni left because he didnt feel this team could progress under the current coaching direction. (according to his dad, who I think very highly of) As to blowing his chance, TD was going to start Riley when he was able.. we all knew that. Riley is no slouch? He was a stud QB in high school, won a state title in this system, and knew this offense very well. That's a worth-while gamble in my book. Lots of other things had to go wrong and did. RV took a shot on a high school coach, it didnt pay off, some changes need to be made. The only "questionable" thing left to discuss is what direction we go now... and that's not up to any of us. So we wait.

GMG!!!

Didnt seem so simple in the other ten threads about this? What are you suggesting the reason is for "certainly questionable"? Giovanni left because he didnt feel this team could progress under the current coaching direction. (according to his dad, who I think very highly of) As to blowing his chance, TD was going to start Riley when he was able.. we all knew that. Riley is no slouch? He was a stud QB in high school, won a state title in this system, and knew this offense very well. That's a worth-while gamble in my book. Lots of other things had to go wrong and did. RV took a shot on a high school coach, it didnt pay off, some changes need to be made. The only "questionable" thing left to discuss is what direction we go now... and that's not up to any of us. So we wait.

GMG!!!

Good post. One quibble- You must have missed the memo. Vizza's dad is an enemy of the state, an unstable and evil force. Charlie Brown's dad is questionable, too. The only parent who matters at the moment is Mosley's dad.

Also, we're at war with Eastasia now. Always have been. Act accordingly.

Good post. One quibble- You must have missed the memo. Vizza's dad is an enemy of the state, an unstable and evil force. Charlie Brown's dad is questionable, too. The only parent who matters at the moment is Mosley's dad.

Vizza's dad did a full implosion, he went so far off the deep end it was silly. If you read his last few posts before Harry deleted them you would understand why he is not well liked anymore.

Vizza's dad did a full implosion, he went so far off the deep end it was silly. If you read his last few posts before Harry deleted them you would understand why he is not well liked anymore.

And it's still probably only the 5th or 6th best board implosion this calendar year.

Honestly, how the hell am I going to recap this weekend?

I did, and I do. It was more a salute to Medpilot for acknowledging that Mr. Vizza isn't a bad guy (not that I know him personally).

I don't have any kids, but I can't imagine it would have been easy to keep a level head and a cool, dispassionate disposition when he read some of the things that people here wrote about his son. Doesn't excuse some of the stuff I vaguely remember reading, but it does explain what might make an otherwise good and decent guy fly off the handle the way he did.

Here is what Todd Dodge did and how he did it and why he should not be allowed to return as Head Coach.

Todd Dodge set Vizza up his second year by installing a passing game that nullified Vizza's arm strength. This not only leveled the playing field for Riley it gave Riley an advantage because of his running ablilty and the fact his father was the head coach.

Also remember that Vizza the first year played as a true freshman behind a porus and inexperiened offensive line. He took a beating but still manage to stay healthy and he zipped the ball downfield and across the middle at 35 yards something Riley could not do and something we had never seen at UNT and haven't seen since.

At this stage the Vizza's knew the writing was on wall.

Since Dodge had talked Vizza out of his oral commitment with Nevada by making promises he no longer intended to keep, UNT released Vizza from his contract. What a guy!

Now, Riley is a great athlete. Unfortunately, he is not a QB at this level and we all lost the season that could have and should have been and for this Dodge should not be allowed to return as head coach at UNT!

Here is what Todd Dodge did and how he did it and why he should not be allowed to return as Head Coach.

Todd Dodge set Vizza up his second year by installing a passing game that nullified Vizza's arm strength. This not only leveled the playing field for Riley it gave Riley an advantage because of his running ablilty and the fact his father was the head coach.

Also remember that Vizza the first year played as a true freshman behind a porus and inexperiened offensive line. He took a beating but still manage to stay healthy and he zipped the ball downfield and across the middle at 35 yards something Riley could not do and something we had never seen at UNT and haven't seen since.

At this stage the Vizza's knew the writing was on wall.

Since Dodge had talked Vizza out of his oral commitment with Nevada by making promises he no longer intended to keep, UNT released Vizza from his contract. What a guy!

Now, Riley is a great athlete. Unfortunately, he is not a QB at this level and we all lost the season that could have and should have been and for this Dodge should not be allowed to return as head coach at UNT!

There was tons more to the Vizza situation then most know, including Vizza's priorities, it is best to let the whole Vizza thing just die.

I cant safely go to Mongolia? That's just great... another hour of wasted time planning, like the guys who wrote for the Magic Johnson talk show. Next we'll have Million-Dollar athletes driving their cars into trees... MASS HYSTERIA!

GMG!!! :D

There was tons more to the Vizza situation then most know, including Vizza's priorities, it is best to let the whole Vizza thing just die.

Is it possible that the priorities for several players, not just Vizza, begin to shift on the first day of Fall Practice in 2008?

Maybe when it went from ,"it's wide open", to "no it's not" some players begin to sense the first signs of nepotism.

Regardless, notice how the team came back to life during the Ark. St. game when Tune came in? Even though Tune has played little since his high school days he still has to be respected by defenses for the "long" ball.

......................support him. Why? Because I believe that he will go out to the garage, and reach back behind a bunch of boxes and pull out his dusty toolkit.

You know, the one with all the X's and O's that he talked about at his press conference.

Then I believe we will see the coach we all knew he would be three years ago.

I will not see you at Fouts for any reason....r/o fouts after Tulsa game....Fouts is a disgrace...somewhat like our football program (hopefully , not for long)

Fans should support there school throught the highs and lows.. I will be sure to make it to atleast one game next year and I live 1200 miles away. I hope that Todd Dodge is back, and given his 4th year to turn it around.