Unt Vs Tcu And Cincinatti

untjim1995

I was just lurking over on killerfrogs.com and reading up on all the hysteria about the game tomorrow in my old hometown. It really amazes me just how far TCU has come since the old SWC days. It really does seem miraculous. They were 1-10 in Pat Sullivan's last year, with their only win being in the last game against SMU, causing the Ponies to miss a bowl game (hehe!!) But here is where the really crazy part sets in for me. In SI's college football season preview for 2005, we were ranked 1 spot behind TCU to start the year, somewhere in the 50s or 60s, IIRC. That year, TCU went 11-1 and finished #11, we went 2-9. Of course, we also beat Cincy in the NO Bowl in 2002 and they are now on the cusp of their 2nd BCS game in a row. I know that there are several lines of thought on what happend to us since 2004, but really, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO US TO CAUSE THIS? In mny ways, I think the 4 SBC championships falsely made us feel like we were further along than we were. It is just so frustrating. I mean, really, freaking TCU is a Texas loss (albeit not likely) from probably playing for a MNC if they take care of business. It just all blows my mind that we were once considered BASICALLY EQUAL to them in the national press just 5 seasons ago.

Edited by untjim1995

Make no mistake, our 2002 team was legit. We beat Cincy that year who was the C-USA co-champ. Ohio State kicked a field goal as time expired to beat Cincy that year if I remember correctly. I think that was also the year we hung right with TCU at Amon Carter and ended up losing 16-10 or something along those lines. Brandon Kennedy was all over the field that day.

Those teams have gotten better. We...well, what else can you say really?

Make no mistake, our 2002 team was legit. We beat Cincy that year who was the C-USA co-champ. Ohio State kicked a field goal as time expired to beat Cincy that year if I remember correctly. I think that was also the year we hung right with TCU at Amon Carter and ended up losing 16-10 or something along those lines. Brandon Kennedy was all over the field that day.

Those teams have gotten better. We...well, what else can you say really?

Too bad at TCU we had no offense until the 3rd string OB came in.

If I recall, our defense held some spare RB named LaDainian Tomlinson to his season low that year (around 70, if I recall), in his own house.

And it was a year or two later that we lost on a late FG (if i recall we'd missed one or two) against Troy when we basically successfully blocked some spare named DeMarcus Ware all day at Fouts.

These were good days. We underrate these days.

If I recall, our defense held some spare RB named LaDainian Tomlinson to his season low that year (around 70, if I recall), in his own house.

And it was a year or two later that we lost on a late FG (if i recall we'd missed one or two) against Troy when we basically successfully blocked some spare named DeMarcus Ware all day at Fouts.

These were good days. We underrate these days.

LT was a senior in 2000.