Favorite T.v. Show Of All-time

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Monday Night Football circa late 70s with Howard Cosell and Dandy Don

2) CBS NFL Game of the Week circa early 90s with a coherent John Madden and Pat Summerall

3) College Football Game of the Week (ABC I think?) late 70s, early 80s

4) CBS NFL Pre-game show, the old one with Brent Musburger and Jimmy the Greek

5) Football Night in America (Sundays on NBC currently)

While you ladies enjoy your pedicures and facials (he he) along with your sitcoms. I'll settle for these fine examples of network programming.

Edited by UNT90

Totally forgot about WKRP! Outstanding show. I've got the early shows on DVD. The only thing is that, because of licensing issues, the DVD episodes don't have the original music. So when Johnny Fever is supposed to be playing Blondie, for instance, the name of some fictional band is overdubbed, and the music is some sort of generic crap.

There are a bunch of WKRP episodes on hulu that have the original music. Those wily Hollywood execs figured out that the licensing issues don't apply to internet broadcasts.

1. The Office(including the original)

2. The Sopranos

3. Sports Night(should have lasted so much longer)

4. Bonanza

5a. Arrested Development(should have lasted so much longer)

5b. It's Always Sunny

For the longest time my number one would have been The Simpsons. I own seasons 1-6 and watched the show religiously up until about season 13. As far as I'm concerned it's been unwatchable since about 2003/2004.

1. The Office(including the original)

2. The Sopranos

3. Sports Night(should have lasted so much longer)

4. Bonanza

5a. Arrested Development(should have lasted so much longer)

5b. It's Always Sunny

For the longest time my number one would have been The Simpsons. I own seasons 1-6 and watched the show religiously up until about season 13. As far as I'm concerned it's been unwatchable since about 2003/2004.

Sports Night was pure genius. Its one of those shows that was too smart. You may like News Radio too.

How has noone mentioned Law & Order???

I also like

SVU

Dead Zone

Frasier

Sports Night was pure genius. Its one of those shows that was too smart. You may like News Radio too.

I enjoyed Phil Hartman News Radio immensely, Jon Lovitz News Radio not so much.... Loved Frasier as well, still get caught up in the re-runs on lifetime almost every night.

Anyone else ever watch The Kids in The Hall?

I enjoyed Phil Hartman News Radio immensely, Jon Lovitz News Radio not so much.... Loved Frasier as well, still get caught up in the re-runs on lifetime almost every night.

Anyone else ever watch The Kids in The Hall?

Lovitz is a funny guy, News Radio just wasnt his thing. That show died when Hartman was murdered, two untimely deaths. Frasier worked because of the dialogue and the mix of everyday characters and the two Crane bothers who were accidentally stuck up and pompus.

Futurama had its moments. The first rerun I caught was when they went to war with the ball planet. Phrases like "I followed the bouncing balls.", "These Balls are making me testy.", "We've seen out share of bodybags and ballsacks.", and "The war is over, balls thoroughly licked." had me laughing and nearly rolling off my bed.

24 is pure greatness. Even as outrageous as things get, they still have me glued and on the edge of my seat.

Third Watch was great.

For realism, 48 Hours is intense.

Cops. Some of that crap still makes me laugh.

There are a bunch of WKRP episodes on hulu that have the original music. Those wily Hollywood execs figured out that the licensing issues don't apply to internet broadcasts.

That's good to know. BTW, Gary Sanders (the guy who played Andy Travis) bears a striking resemblance to GMG's very own LongJim -- in LJ's younger days.

I need more like Top 10 to get all my favorites out...

But top 5 -

1. Airwolf

2. House

3. South Park

4. Star Trek - TNG

5. Burn Notice

Yeah... I'm a geek.

To round out the top 10.

6. Law & Order SVU

7. Law & Order CI

8. Royal Pains

9. Wonder Years

10. Mythbusters

1) Star Trek: TNG

2) How I Met Your Mother

3) Big Bang Theory

4) Mythbusters

5) Stargate: SG1

All of these have a strong dork factor. With good reason. I have been, and always shall be, a dork.

6) Chuck

7) Arrested Development

8) The Office

9) Star Trek: Enterprise

10) Man Vs. Wild

In approximately chronological order:

Jack Benny

Amos and Andy

Jacky Gleason

Ernie Kovacs

Green Acres

Bat Man