Favorite T.v. Show Of All-time

Since this is the slow part of the year, thought I would see what others in mean green world would rank their favorite T.V. shows....I have never gotten into reality t.v. since I knew that all of those shows are fixed by producers and the networks, but yeah they dont make t.v. shows like they used to, thats for sure.

1. Dallas

2. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

3. Saved by the Bell/ The Simpsons

4. Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn/ Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

5. Dukes of Hazzard/ Monday Night Football ( Frank Dierdorf, Frank Gifford, Al Michaels)

Had to add more shows....Television from the 1990s rocked....

Weird list I know... lol. Still catch reruns of Fresh Prince nearly every night and that was a really great show. Great Cast....

Also Craig kilborns replacement is a total limey douce-bag, horrible accent and not funny at all, suprised that Craig Ferguson is still on the air.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simpsons

Lost

The Sopranos

All in the Family

The Prisoner

Special extra credit to the original Jon Stewart Show, originally of MTV and then later Paramount syndication. When I was in high school, I'd wake up at 3:35 a.m. to watch him. I never turned into a regular Daily Show viewer because our cable system didn't carry Comedy Central when he took it over, but I was a LOYAL watcher back when he was playing with PEZ dispensers and puppets in the wee hours after "The Mike and Maty Show"

Edited by TheTastyGreek

1. Lost - will go down as the smartest show in history

2. The Simpsons - I may seek out Family Guy more frequently, but this is the true original.

3. X-Files - especially the first 2 or 3 seasons which were both creative and underratedly funny

4. The Daily Show - The best news on television...done by a comedian...is a sad commentary on the state of journalism.

5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - so wonderfully over the top.

Special love for The Chappelle Show...pure brilliance, but its a shame it lasted only 2 seasons.

1. St. Elsewhere--original cast included Denzel Washington, Howie Mandel, Mark Harmon, David Morse, and Ed Begley, Jr. (John "Stumpy" Pepys!) Hasn't been a better show on TV since, IMO.

2. Late Night With David Letterman

3. The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson

4. The Sopranos

5. The Carol Burnett Show

Edited by LongJim

1. Bullwinkle

2. The Fugitive

3. Two and a Half Men (usually hate network sit-coms but this one makes me laugh out loud. Just started watching in syndication this yr.)

4. First 4 or 5 yrs Sat. Night Live (hate it now)

5. The Amazing Kreskin (not)

5a. Burn Notice

1. The Sopranos

2. The Shield

3. Simpsons/Family Guy/Futurama

4. Star Trek (Original series) Then some of the later Next Generation after they canned that goofy ass Westley, followed by the later episodes of Enterprise) Geekness is pouring out

5. Rawhide

5a. Rat Patrol/Hogan's Heroes

Honorable mention should go to original "Twilight Zone" & "Sanford and Son" which could switch out with the bottom two depending on my mood.

"Two And A Half Men" is climbing my charts, but in most cases I think a series has to be over to get ranked. Family Guy came back from the dead and so is Futurama with its new 26 episode deal. And damn the "Simpsons" have run for 20 years. and have been getting better again. I thought there was a drop off a few years ago I think Homer and Bart were getting nicer. They seem to be fixed now.

Edited by KingDL1

And, let's not forget the Howdy Doody Show with Princess Summerfallwinter spring!

Bwana of the Jungle with Froggy

Sanford and Son

All in the family

Star Trek (Original)

St. Elsewhere/NYPD Blue

West Wing

Oh, man could I go on and on...even Donna Reed and the Ricky Nelson Show....

See, some didn't even realize TV was available in the "dark ages". :lol:

Unsloved Mysteries

Chapelle Show (would def be #1 if it lasted longer)

True Blood

Rules of Engagement

Loveline

Cosby Show

* Special Love for Hope & Faith ( my cousin played younger daughter)

- Hon Mention : Wings, Fresh Prince, Just Shoot Me, TWIB,Cheers,Seinfeld

Edited by NT03

1. WKRP in Cinninatti

2. Rome

3. The Wonder Years

4. Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (Would probably be higher if i saw more episodes, but it went off the air when I was still rather young, and have only seen a smattering of episodes ever since in re-runs late at night)

5. E.R. (would definitely be higher if the show hadn't taken a nosedive after about season 7 and become nearly unwatchable - I gave up on it for years till the series finale)

1. MASH

5. The Carol Burnett Show

Surprised it took so long for MASH to make a list. Definitely a great show, definitely an argument for greatest of all time, just didn't like it as much as the others on my list.

Also a fan of Carol Burnett. I had to deduct some points there because it spawned Mama's Family and a seemingly infinite source of eye-rollingly terrible syndicated reruns on TBS or during baseball rain delays.

1. WKRP in Cinninatti

2. Rome

3. The Wonder Years

4. Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (Would probably be higher if i saw more episodes, but it went off the air when I was still rather young, and have only seen a smattering of episodes ever since in re-runs late at night)

5. E.R. (would definitely be higher if the show hadn't taken a nosedive after about season 7 and become nearly unwatchable - I gave up on it for years till the series finale)

Totally forgot about WKRP! Outstanding show. I've got the early shows on DVD. The only thing is that, because of licensing issues, the DVD episodes don't have the original music. So when Johnny Fever is supposed to be playing Blondie, for instance, the name of some fictional band is overdubbed, and the music is some sort of generic crap.

I watched WKRP with my folks in syndication nearly everyday as a kid. They loved the show, and kinda brainwashed me i guess. :) So many wonderful episodes. Just thinking about Les's newsbroadcasts crack me up. Those mis-pronunciations are classic.

Edited by CMJ

I watched WKRP with my folks in syndication nearly everyday as a kid. They loved the show, and kinda brainwashed me i guess. :) So many wonderful episodes. Just thinking about Les's newsbroadcasts crack me up. Those mis-pronunciations are classic.

Yeah, the best: Chi Chi Rod-re-gweez. The best line to come out of WKRP, though, is: "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

"Not since the Hindenburg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

"It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

"It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

:lol: Pure genius

Best gig in a sit-com ever...the helicopter and the chickens from WKRP in Cincinnati...brought back some great memories...yes, a priceless episode indeed. Thanks for reminding me of that one....too funny. If you have not seen it, you have missed out on one of the greatest episodes in TV history. Do that have this show out on a DVD????

Best gig in a sit-com ever...the helicopter and the chickens from WKRP in Cincinnati...brought back some great memories...yes, a priceless episode indeed. Thanks for reminding me of that one....too funny. If you have not seen it, you have missed out on one of the greatest episodes in TV history. Do that have this show out on a DVD????

Yeah, it's on the first season DVD set here.

1. Bullwinkle

2. The Fugitive

3. Two and a Half Men (usually hate network sit-coms but this one makes me laugh out loud. Just started watching in syndication this yr.)

4. First 4 or 5 yrs Sat. Night Live (hate it now)

5. The Amazing Kreskin (not)

5a. Burn Notice

I LOVE the Burn Notice. It is one of the few shows I will watch re-runs. I have the season 1 DVD and want the season 2. I watch the show and recite the opening. I will spend a day watching the marathon on USA.

1. Burn Notice

2. Simpsons

3. Everyone Hates Chris (I like Chris Rock)

4. South Park

These 4 shows I record and watch since I am usually working or something when they are on.

Guest GrayEagleOne

With so many categories it's hard to narrow it to five but here goes.

1. M.A.S.H. (I still watch reruns)

2. The Fugitive

3. Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson

4. Rockford Files

5. Simon & Simon

a, b, and c would include WKRP in Cincinnati (some of the funniest episodes ever), The Twilight Zone (a few episodes I didn't care for but overall terrific imaginative writing), and Maverick.

I think that it was Gerald McRaney that hooked me on Simon & Simon because I also liked Major Dad.

Edited by GrayEagleOne