Obama Phone Calls Sgt. James Crowley...

So, cops that work together stick together - what a surprise. The cops keep saying he should have been arrested and backing each other up 100% but what they never say is WHY he should have been presented?

They have described everything that has happened in the incident, I've totally heard their point of view of how it all went down and STILL it seems OBVIOUS to me that 100%, Gates should NOT have been arrested?

Do they realize how weak it makes them that they are really hiding behind the disorderly conduct charge? Which has been dropped. If they are so sure they are 100% right in arresting Gates, then why were the charges dropped immediately?

Hey, Obama shouldn't have said anything, I do agree with that, but as someone who has been accosted by police in the past for no real reason(and I'm not even a minority), I know how scary and infuriating it is.

So what you are implying is that the guy shouldn't have been arrested but was because the cop has a thing against black guys... And that all of the other cops in the state, of whatever color, are agreeing because they are all cops?

I think that we all need to wait until the audio tape is released, then we will know what actually happened.

Does it matter that the other Cambridge officer that was there during the arrest was black?

So what you are implying is that the guy shouldn't have been arrested but was because the cop has a thing against black guys... And that all of the other cops in the state, of whatever color, are agreeing because they are all cops?

I think that we all need to wait until the audio tape is released, then we will know what actually happened.

Does it matter that the other Cambridge officer that was there during the arrest was black?

I'm not implying that he was arrested because he was black. Obviously Gates overreacted to them being at his house. My post was more about the "license" we give cops to just detain or bother people for little, to no reason. Once it was made aware that Gates owned the house, I don't care if he told the cops to F off or they sucked their dad's johnsons. Being a jerk to a cop is not enough of a reason to be detained.

Maybe, I get my ire up about this because a few years ago, while walking home from a concert - a couple of cops in a car approached me, and then proceeded to search me for basically no reason at all. I had just been to a classical music concert for God's sakes, and was wearing a sweatshirt because it was cold. They had shined a light in my face and I guess because my pupils didn't react in the expected way, I'm a slender guy, and it was around 11pm, they thought I was on meth or something. They proceeded to search my pockeds, do logic type tests, and the rest.

Even after proving my innocence, the two cops obviously believe I was "sober", and mumbled some half assed apology, and told me to be careful where I walked(they even followed me for another block). IT WAS MY NEIGHBORHOOD, I knew I was going! I was scared at the time(who isn't by police giong thru your pockets while they make you put your hands on your head?), but I was also ticked off, and wanted to tell them to F off so freaking bad when they were done with me. I hadn't done anything - other than be a thin guy walking around in Hollywood, that might have averted his eyes from a bright light too fast.

I'm not throwing cops under a bus, my best friend is one. But, being one doesn't give you the right to be a jackass either.

The thing is, that we don't know what happened. We dont know the exact laws in Mass. Just because the charges were dropped doesnt mean they wernt legit charges. There could be any number of reasons. Look at the DPD incident with Moats. The ticket Moats was given was legit, but it was still dismissed. Most cops arent going to stand behind and back other cops if they are wrong. They may not publicly critisize the officer, but they won't stand with them in public. And in regards to the race issue, You can pretty much cross Sgt Crowley off that list because he gave a Celtics player mouth to mouth after the player collapsed in 1993.

I'm not implying that he was arrested because he was black. Obviously Gates overreacted to them being at his house. My post was more about the "license" we give cops to just detain or bother people for little, to no reason. Once it was made aware that Gates owned the house, I don't care if he told the cops to F off or they sucked their dad's johnsons. Being a jerk to a cop is not enough of a reason to be detained.

Maybe, I get my ire up about this because a few years ago, while walking home from a concert - a couple of cops in a car approached me, and then proceeded to search me for basically no reason at all. I had just been to a classical music concert for God's sakes, and was wearing a sweatshirt because it was cold. They had shined a light in my face and I guess because my pupils didn't react in the expected way, I'm a slender guy, and it was around 11pm, they thought I was on meth or something. They proceeded to search my pockeds, do logic type tests, and the rest.

Even after proving my innocence, the two cops obviously believe I was "sober", and mumbled some half assed apology, and told me to be careful where I walked(they even followed me for another block). IT WAS MY NEIGHBORHOOD, I knew I was going! I was scared at the time(who isn't by police giong thru your pockets while they make you put your hands on your head?), but I was also ticked off, and wanted to tell them to F off so freaking bad when they were done with me. I hadn't done anything - other than be a thin guy walking around in Hollywood, that might have averted his eyes from a bright light too fast.

I'm not throwing cops under a bus, my best friend is one. But, being one doesn't give you the right to be a jackass either.

Good thing they didn't find that dimebag in your shoe. :D

I have a feeling, from seing this cop's record, that when the tapes are released (which they may never be. Just a little political pressure on the PD from the White House?) we will find out that he had no other option but to arrest this guy. And yes, that situation can occur very easily. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can talk themselves into a night in the city jail.

CBL, you did the right thing and were cooperative and then continued with your night. You didn't use the race card or throw out how important you were to the officers. Just imagine if the college professor had done the same thing. His entire contact with the police would have lasted less than 3 minutes. As for "detaining people for nothing", it simply doesn't happen. Cops have to at least have reasonable suspicion for a detainment. What did the officers tell you they were detaining you for? Pedestrian violation?

Good thing they didn't find that dimebag in your shoe. :D

I have a feeling, from seing this cop's record, that when the tapes are released (which they may never be. Just a little political pressure on the PD from the White House?) we will find out that he had no other option but to arrest this guy. And yes, that situation can occur very easily. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can talk themselves into a night in the city jail.

CBL, you did the right thing and were cooperative and then continued with your night. You didn't use the race card or throw out how important you were to the officers. Just imagine if the college professor had done the same thing. His entire contact with the police would have lasted less than 3 minutes. As for "detaining people for nothing", it simply doesn't happen. Cops have to at least have reasonable suspicion for a detainment. What did the officers tell you they were detaining you for? Pedestrian violation?

I think you mixed me up with my illustrious friend in Mass. ;)

I was cooperative, but QUITE irrtated. I sincerely thought about filing a report.

The cops told me something to the effect of what I already stated. When they shined the light in my eyes, my gaze averted "faster than normal". The fact that I'm a skinny guy, and was wearing a sweatshirt led me to believe that they thought I was some meth abuser walking around - but they never out and out said so.

Like i said, so not happy. Even thinking about it years later gets me ticked off.

I think you mixed me up with my illustrious friend in Mass. ;)

I was cooperative, but QUITE irrtated. I sincerely thought about filing a report.

The cops told me something to the effect of what I already stated. When they shined the light in my eyes, my gaze averted "faster than normal". The fact that I'm a skinny guy, and was wearing a sweatshirt led me to believe that they thought I was some meth abuser walking around - but they never out and out said so.

Like i said, so not happy. Even thinking about it years later gets me ticked off.

Oops, my bad. But what was their reason for contacting you?

Edited by UNT90

Oops, my bad. But what was there reason for contacting you?

I was walking...they were in their patrol car in an empty parking lot...as I walked along the sidewalk they flashed their big ass light in my face, and I guess I turned my face too quick, because that is all they told me as they were letting me go. They exited their car, approached me with a flashlight, and then proceeded to question and search me. They told me my fast reaction reaction to the light was "suspicious" - so I guess having sensitive eyes if you're a 5'11 beanpole, like me, is a profile for a druggie.

Especially since they asked me at least 3 times what drugs I was on.

Edited by CMJ

Been my experience that no matter what race you are, if you start popping off to a cop, even if it's your own residence, it's a challenge to their authority and an invitation to a fitting for a new pair of handcuffs.

I was listening to a black man on the radio talking about how he was raised to always say, "Yes sir," when speaking to a policeman and always make the officer aware if he was reaching for his wallet. White, black, yellow, brown, purple, these are good rules to live by when dealing with the police.

Been my experience that no matter what race you are, if you start popping off to a cop, even if it's your own residence, it's a challenge to their authority and an invitation to a fitting for a new pair of handcuffs.

I was listening to a black man on the radio talking about how he was raised to always say, "Yes sir," when speaking to a policeman and always make the officer aware if he was reaching for his wallet. White, black, yellow, brown, purple, these are good rules to live by when dealing with the police.

Very good point, my father told me as a kid that being respectful to the police was the best chance that you had to get out of tickets... I know that is selfish but who cares.

I have always had my hands on the wheel when approached by a cop after being pullied over, always say sir or ma'am, and always inform when I an taking off my seatbelt or getting my wallet. I dont' care what the situation is but in my experience the police is there to help, and if they are responding to a complaint more often than not they do not want to cause trouble. The name of the game is respect and cooperation.

I am not black though so maybe Prof. Gates has a point, i don't know.....

perhaps she, too, can follow the law and "pony up" and pay her tickets. what say you to that quoner? :lol:

perhaps you can refresh everyone's memory about your racist comments that got YOU, SIR banned from the board.

God you are stupid. That was an obvious joke with you with no mean-spiritedness that excluded your past and you still couldn't handle it. Of course she paid the tickets, but if that money goes to SMU, they might use the funds to slash our metaphorical tires and get Rivals to pick us #120. Isn't it time for CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE!!!>?!1111!!!11!!!!

But, since you asked:

Hey everyone, we made a satire thread about how to handle minorities because eulesseagle tends to post racist diatribes and links to white supremicist web sites. We thought doing the same thing "just in fun" that seems to to protect so many others would highlight the accetpance of this crap. We have had all of the moderators apologize to us publically and privately. Meanwhile, you continue to be a joke both within and beyond this forum.

Now that the mea culpa is out, there goes my magical internet joke credibility -- you win this round!

And you can never ask anyone to move beyond stormfront or any other crap you have ever posted again. It's more fun this way to us anyway, so the only loser in this will be you (well, and all of us for posting here in the first place.)

• Downvote 1

God you are stupid. That was an obvious joke with you with no mean-spiritedness that excluded your past and you still couldn't handle it. Of course she paid the tickets, but if that money goes to SMU, they might use the funds to slash our metaphorical tires and get Rivals to pick us #120. Isn't it time for CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE!!!>?!1111!!!11!!!!

But, since you asked:

Hey everyone, we made a satire thread about how to handle minorities because eulesseagle tends to post racist diatribes and links to white supremicist web sites. We thought doing the same thing "just in fun" that seems to to protect so many others would highlight the accetpance of this crap. We have had all of the moderators apologize to us publically and privately. Meanwhile, you continue to be a joke both within and beyond this forum.

Now that the mea culpa is out, there goes my magical internet joke credibility -- you win this round!

And you can never ask anyone to move beyond stormfront or any other crap you have ever posted again. It's more fun this way to us anyway, so the only loser in this will be you (well, and all of us for posting here in the first place.)

I loves me some Tina. Even if she's dead.

Also Takeaknee.net > stormfront.org.

Church.

The sole reason this became the story that it did, and the reason it is still getting press is that Obama had to open his mouth. No fault of anyone other than Obama that this "anthill" became a "mountain". Maybe he has learned something here and can "change".

And, before Quoner says something...I meant "anthill". :lol:

Edited by KRAM1

It's because the star system is an inherently flawed system skewed in favor of BCS forums.

Maybe if we posted on rivals subscription boards, he would cut-and-paste our content more.

• Downvote 1