Fw*telegram Former Walk On Returns After Rare Health

OldTimer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...I had no idea. Way to go Nathan Tune! Glad you figured out what was going on, health-wise, and very glad that you decided to stay with the team. You are correct in your comment about having so much invested in this team and your fellow players. You can help lead this team. Great to find out that your health has returned and that you are set for the challenge.

This is VERY good news for the MEAN GREEN NATION.

As I have said...I think the QB position at UNT will be in good hands in 2009! GO MEAN GREEN!

A great team player who was leaving. I love Nathan but he was gone. Now he gets credit because he sees Riley as a kid who is gonna get his ass kicked and now he might see the field.

Lets don't go overboard. This guy was as good as gone. His line is great media savvy, he sounds like Riley.

A great team player who was leaving. I love Nathan but he was gone. Now he gets credit because he sees Riley as a kid who is gonna get his ass kicked and now he might see the field.

Lets don't go overboard. This guy was as good as gone. His line is great media savvy, he sounds like Riley.

Lets not go overboard. This guy was as good as gone but circumstances changed, he re-evaluated the situation and found new motivation and a renewed sense of health.

Curse him.

Edited by greenminer

I guess this means that we have a new play for this year:

"I’m excited to get under center again and try to lead this team," Riley Dodge said

though I am not sure why he used the word "again."

I wondered the same thing; however, I've concluded it's just a cliche QB's and coaches use for playing quarterback, as in "I'm glad to be back under center again instead of trying to play slot receiver". I'm also thinking it may refer to actually playing quarterback, instead of being backup quarterback

Maybe we should ask quoner.

He's glad to be a QB with a shot at playing now. It wasn't going to happen otherwise.

That's a good point. Whoever starts; the no. 2 will probably get more playing time than if Vizza was here. I don't remember ever reading a quote where a college QB says, "Man, I just love sending in signals", or "Running the scout team offense is where I want to be". I'm sure that many of them are willing to do either...for a while.

That disease means he can't drink beer. It will be strictly the hard stuff for nathan now.

Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine?

Didn't think of that. Possible. Skoal is always there in a pinch.

Dodge is going to go down the drain with his son. He will not leave the college game without giving Todd Dodge, Jr. his chance of glory. Riley would have never started this season, the team knows that, Riley and Todd know that.

So how many wins keeps Dodge around for his fourth season? Or is not wins but how much they improve? Improving will be easy, they have no where but up to go.

Does the team believe in Todd? Do they believe in Family as he preaches? Or is Dodge all smoke and media savvy?

You have to be in the lockeroom and on the field everyday to really know. These players play for themselves and have no bond for TD, and especially have no bond for the player Dodge calls his leader on offense. Slapping butts only goes so far. Dodge thinks so highly of his son that he has called him out as his leader (dodge loves dodge, they have a mutual love affair on the field and it sickens most of the team).

I am out there to see it every day.

Dodge is going to go down the drain with his son. He will not leave the college game without giving Todd Dodge, Jr. his chance of glory. Riley would have never started this season, the team knows that, Riley and Todd know that.

So how many wins keeps Dodge around for his fourth season? Or is not wins but how much they improve? Improving will be easy, they have no where but up to go.

Does the team believe in Todd? Do they believe in Family as he preaches? Or is Dodge all smoke and media savvy?

You have to be in the lockeroom and on the field everyday to really know. These players play for themselves and have no bond for TD, and especially have no bond for the player Dodge calls his leader on offense. Slapping butts only goes so far. Dodge thinks so highly of his son that he has called him out as his leader (dodge loves dodge, they have a mutual love affair on the field and it sickens most of the team).

I am out there to see it every day.

Bologna!! This is not what is heard from the players, new and returning! Majority are on board with TD, yes there are still some whiners around from pre-TD but they are very much in the minority. TD hasn't appointed anyone leader, he's letting that shake out on it's own. Everyone else but TD has appointed Riley the starter, the cream will rise to the top whether it's Riley, Tune, or someone else. I'm not sure why you are so jealous of Riley, during his Southlake years he was not handed the starting job so why do you continually state he has been handed the job here.

Shut up and get back to your job of taking out the trash!

Bologna!! This is not what is heard from the players, new and returning! Majority are on board with TD, yes there are still some whiners around from pre-TD but they are very much in the minority. TD hasn't appointed anyone leader, he's letting that shake out on it's own. Everyone else but TD has appointed Riley the starter, the cream will rise to the top whether it's Riley, Tune, or someone else. I'm not sure why you are so jealous of Riley, during his Southlake years he was not handed the starting job so why do you continually state he has been handed the job here.

Shut up and get back to your job of taking out the trash!

I think deep down 2012 has a man crush on Riley. He probably has posters and photos of Riley covering the walls in his home, just like the nuts that stalk movie stars. Riley might not want 2012 getting any trash cans near the shower after practice.

Edited by Green Dozer