Leach Interviewing At Uw

I think Leach has really built something at Tech. I know they could really money whip him to lure him to Seattle but I don't know if he will replicate at UW what he has done at Tech. The one advantage is that UW has a great program and tradition and probably has more to offer heavyweight wise than Tech in my opinion. I think what Leach has done at Tech has been incredible but UW may be a job that may not be able to pass up.

For me it would come down to living in BFE or Seattle. Also, Washington was actually a prestigious program at one time whereas Tech will always be viewed as a stepchild to Texas and A&M... regardless of football records. Pretty easy choice for ME, but what do I know.

I hope he leaves. And I hope Tech's program crumbles. More recruits for the U of NT's super sweet spread fantastigasm.

Edited by Eagle1855

Touche, and just as I thought, I just saw an AP wire that stated, he and the Tech AD were Negotiating, but that leach did not have permission to visit UW.

When people, not just football coaches, are looking for a job, they don't ask their current employer of they can go look for a new job. If Leach went to Washington, no problem. If Washington went to Leach, then there might be an ethical problem, but that would be attractive to Leach as he views himself as a pirate.

When people, not just football coaches, are looking for a job, they don't ask their current employer of they can go look for a new job. If Leach went to Washington, no problem. If Washington went to Leach, then there might be an ethical problem, but that would be attractive to Leach as he views himself as a pirate.

I thought since he is still under contract he has to seek permission form the school to explore other options. At least that is my understanding. It is also my understanding that coaching jobs are different then the real world jobs. Just to lay my cards out on the table, I don't care if he stays or goes, I can't stand tech and their band wagon fans.

Edited by filmerj

Mentioned on ESPN this morning.

What is funny is how ESPN and some of the other media guys dismiss Tech's ability, dollar wise, to compete with Washington and Auburn. Kind of like judging a book by its cover because of Lubbock. I don't think Leach would be a good fit at Auburn. The spread was not exactly embraced there when they brought Franklin in, and I would imagine that has something to do with the current roster to. With Saban at Bama, Richt w/ Georgia, and Saban at Bama I am not sure Auburn can take a chance on Leach. There competition is stronger than it has been in a long time. They owned Alabama for 9 years. A couple of factors would be his quirky personality, and a couple of 6-5 seasons to get things going. Harrell and Crabtree won't go with him, and I don't think Kingsbury has any eligibility left. I think he would be a much better fit at Washington. I know he was at Kentucky one time, but he was not the focal point of the program.