High School Football

EagleD

The Ennis Lions are back for the 13th consecutive year. Would like to see more of their players recruited by UNT. Ennis has sent us a few like Lawrence Svelak, Willie Cherry, and Brad Kadlubar. Also a fe have gone other places - Vincent Marshall the CUSA player of the year last year and a QB to Texas Tech but I do not recall his name - seems like it is something like Heisman.

Seniors next year include a excellent QB (B J Betik), the area's leading reciever Kyle Guinyard (called Little Crab by Ennis coach Sam Harrell) and big OT whose grandfather played for TCU during their heyday and later with the Oakland Raiders (Austin Armstrong).

The Ennis Lions are back for the 13th consecutive year. Would like to see more of their players recruited by UNT. Ennis has sent us a few like Lawrence Svelak, Willie Cherry, and Brad Kadlubar. Also a fe have gone other places - Vincent Marshall the CUSA player of the year last year and a QB to Texas Tech but I do not recall his name - seems like it is something like Heisman.

Seniors next year include a excellent QB (B J Betik), the area's leading reciever Kyle Guinyard (called Little Crab by Ennis coach Sam Harrell) and big OT whose grandfather played for TCU during their heyday and later with the Oakland Raiders (Austin Armstrong).

Is Graham Harrell's dad still the coach at Ennis?

Northwest Texans playing 5A playoffs right NOW at Texas Stadium :)

and thier down 24-0 to copell at half...i went for no reason as i have no affliation to any texas high school....but we left at half to beat the traffic. Copell has the Tech uni's and Tech's offense... Northwest had Nebraska Uni's

I can't believe it, both my teams lost yesterday! Abilene lost to Mansfield...Mansfield! And Colleyville Heritage lost to SL Carroll, badly. The football gods hate me this year. :(

GMG!

Lake Highlands here as well... first time back in since being perenially there in the 90's. Actually went to the game Friday night, since it was close by in Plano. Clark is still a great stadium.... Tyler John Tyler next!

Oh, and for the record, John Shorter's little brother is a beast. The kid's name was called on seemingly every other tackle.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

• 2 weeks later...

Euless Trinity Trojans baby; 12-0, favorite to win the 5A Division I (big schools) title again. I was fortunate to see them beat Plano, maybe the second best hs team in the state last week; 42-35, on a td in the last 15 seconds. Yes, I'm in touch with OldTimer as to good players from ET. It may be crazy talk, but Steve Lineweaver, Trinity head coach, still says Todd Dodge will turn it around at North Texas!

Euless Trinity Trojans baby; 12-0, favorite to win the 5A Division I (big schools) title again. I was fortunate to see them beat Plano, maybe the second best hs team in the state last week; 42-35, on a td in the last 15 seconds.

:P Twice in two years Trinity has put Plano out in a close game, grrrr. Seriously, good luck the rest of the way. I saw where Allen could be down the road for you, beat Mojo Permian today 28-22.

Who's high school is in the playoffs?

I've got Longview High School. We dropped down to 4A this year. Swept district for something like the 4th year.

GO LOBOS!!!!!!!!!

GIVE 'EM HELL BIG "L" GIVE 'EM HELL!!!!!!!!!

I graduated from Lufkin High School....but it was so long ago it was a segragated school at the time.

I graduated from Lufkin High School....but it was so long ago it was a segragated school at the time.

Cool. Lufkin's played some good ball over the years. Longview just beat Dallas Carter.

edit. Not really cool that the school was segregated, but neat that we are from good old east texas.

Edited by EagleD