The unOfficial "McCain Sucks/Obama Sucks" Super Thread

http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics3.asp

If you call a donated invitro test tube egg as "life", then I suppose. I think that is a stretch. You can't just dump out that tube and have the cell survive. No heart beating... nothing.

"Virtually every human embryologist and every major textbook of human embryology states that fertilization marks the beginning of the life of the new individual human being."

- Ward Kischer, Ph.D., professor emeritus of anatomy (specialty in Human Embryology) at the University of Arizona College of Medicine

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnDenver

"Virtually every human embryologist and every major textbook of human embryology states that fertilization marks the beginning of the life of the new individual human being."

- Ward Kischer, Ph.D., professor emeritus of anatomy (specialty in Human Embryology) at the University of Arizona College of Medicine

Well, quoting that guy doesn't impress me, nor hold water IMHO. Looking up that quote, it is used in all pro-life sites, not any medical sites. I think it is suspect. I bet he supports global warming too. ;)

Guest JohnDenver

Okay then, is what he says not factual?

Dunno, if you start a quote with "virtually", then I would say it isn't quantified. Therefore I can't state that it is actually a fact that virtually all of them agree.

This little dude is definitely life.

tRzTfgds0UI

Wow, so black and white.

Rape? Terminal birth defects? Impending death of mother? Archaic?

So abortion, with hangers and such, is very medieval. Taking a pill in the first 48 hours to prevent pregnancy... medieval?

My point is that medical science is at a point where abortion should be rare... and would be if people acted responsibly. Birth control pills are 99% effective and condoms are 97% effective. Norplant is 99.91% effective. IUD's are over 99% effective.

Rape, terminal birth defects. Very few abortions happen for those reasons but I do not oppose abortions for those reasons.

Ayer's book "Prairie Fire" dedicated to Robert Kennedy Assasin, Sirhan Sirhan

It goes without saying how much the Kennedy family has meant to the Deomcratic party. With that, I can't imagine any Democrat with a conscience voting for a man who maintained a close relationship with such a detestable inividual that would dedicate a book to the man who murdered Robert Kennedy. Of course, I know many will be able to simply brush it aside like so many other instances of the man's associations. Still?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Obama's Aunt (who lives in poverty in South Boston) is an illegal immigrant.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15161.html

This is the 2nd relative of Obama's (that we know of) who lives in poverty. And he says he will make life better for Americans. If this guy can't even take care of his family (including his brother who lives in squalor in Africa), how can we expect him to do what's right for America? How can we expect him to uphold the law when as a U.S. Senator he has relatives living in America illegally?

End of rant.

This is the 2nd relative of Obama's (that we know of) who lives in poverty. And he says he will make life better for Americans. If this guy can't even take care of his family (including his brother who lives in squalor in Africa), how can we expect him to do what's right for America? How can we expect him to uphold the law when as a U.S. Senator he has relatives living in America illegally?

End of rant.

Thomas Jefferson fathered children numerous illigitimate children with at least one slave on his plantation...and allowed those children to remain enslaved and we put him not just on a coin, but also a note.

Andrew Jackson more than likely killed a man during a dispute. He's on the $20

And don't even get me started on the the non-sequential presidencies of Grover Cleveland...and that guy is on the ridiculous $1000 bill.

Thomas Jefferson fathered children numerous illigitimate children with at least one slave on his plantation...and allowed those children to remain enslaved and we put him not just on a coin, but also a note.

Andrew Jackson more than likely killed a man during a dispute. He's on the $20

And don't even get me started on the the non-sequential presidencies of Grover Cleveland...and that guy is on the ridiculous $1000 bill.

I hear they sell tea in China.

Rick

End of rant.

1. If this guy can't even take care of his family (including his brother who lives in squalor in Africa), how can we expect him to do what's right for America?

Do you seek out all of your relatives, no matter how distant they are, and inquire about their financial well-being? Just because there is a blood relationship doesn't mean there is a real relationship. You (and others) totally ignore his trip to see his ailing grandmother during one of the most important times of the campain.....convenient oversight on everyone's part.

2. How can we expect him to uphold the law when as a U.S. Senator he has relatives living in America illegally?

Did you ignore the part where they said he DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS IN THE US, NOR DID HE KNOW HER STATUS? And, of course, this was ignored too..

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers has written to Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff requesting an immediate investigation of the leak, which he deemed "deplorable" and said "was not the first leak of law enforcement information apparently designed to influence the coming presidential election. As well as this from the NY Times.

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman, Kelly A. Nantel, said the agency’s inspector general and office of professional responsibility were looking into whether there was a violation of confidentiality policy.

The way I read that, even if Obama HAD tried to inquire about her status, it would have been illegal for the agency to share the information with him. And then all of you lovers of Alfred E. Neuman would be hollering about that.

End of rant.

I guess you want us taxpayers to take care of all of his family , maybe fly em around the country and post them up in hotels and buy their food ??

I guess you want us taxpayers to take care of all of his family , maybe fly em around the country and post them up in hotels and buy their food ??

No, he should take care of his own family. Even if he is just his aunt on his father's side. At the very least, he could help his brother who lives in a shack in Kenya on $20 a month. The guy is a millionaire and his brother lives in the worst kind of poverty.

No, he should take care of his own family. Even if he is just his aunt on his father's side. At the very least, he could help his brother who lives in a shack in Kenya on $20 a month. The guy is a millionaire and his brother lives in the worst kind of poverty.

He doesn't want Barack's help.

Although I'm sure BHO would love to bankrupt the Coal Mine Industry, clueless as to where much of our current energy comes from today, I doubt he would be able to pull it off, at least I hope there are enough checks and balances in place to keep him from doing as much harm to our country as he's promising to do?

Amazing?

Where has this interview been all year long.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick