The unOfficial "McCain Sucks/Obama Sucks" Super Thread

In the interview, he simply says he supports increasingly stricter emissions standards, and that any company choosing to build a new dirty coal plant would not be grandfathered in under existing regulations.

"Every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases was admitted, would be charged to the poluter"

"I haven't been some coal booster",

"What I have said is that, for us to take coal off the table as a ideological matter, as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it"

Then biden is videoed saying, "No coal plants in America".

It's quite obvious that both of these guys want to punish the current coal industry. And the technology he wants to replace it with isn't any where near ready to do that and is years away. I guess timing will be the greatest factor with all of this in that how long will it take his cap and trade idea to put people out of work in the coal industry compared to how long it will take solar and wind to replace it?

Hey, when we start having rollilng black outs here in Texas and all across the country two, three, four years from now during the summers and you can't afford to cool your house then don't blame the Right.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm sure BHO would love to bankrupt the Coal Mine Industry, clueless as to where much of our current energy comes from today, I doubt he would be able to pull it off, at least I hope there are enough checks and balances in place to keep him from doing as much harm to our country as he's promising to do?

Yeah, there are. It won't be possible to take down and replace the hundreds of coal plants in 4 years.

Also thanks for reminding us that Obama's middle name is Hussein. I mean, it's like my last name being Young, just in another country. I mean, I'd say that's trying to remind us Obama's a Muslim, but he's not. And even if he is, is there really a problem with that? The US Armed forces have between 4000 and 12000 Muslim servicemen and women, and some of whom have died overseas. You want to tell them you won't vote for someone because you don't like their middle name?

Yeah, I didn't expect so.

You don't want to vote for Obama based upon his policies and his viewpoints? That's fine, and I respect that.

But if you want to tote the "Hussein" thing around, I can't really be okay with that. That's the same foolishness as if I didn't want to vote McCain because he was a "babykiller" in Vietnam.

Where has this interview been all year long.

In the public domain for like, 9 months or something.

http://cdn.sfgate.com/blogs/sounds/sfgate/...a-interview.mp3

The internet archive has had it since March.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cdn.sf...a-interview.mp3

I guess timing will be the greatest factor with all of this in that how long will it take his cap and trade idea to put people out of work in the coal industry compared to how long it will take solar and wind to replace it?

1.) McCain also supports carbon emissions cap/trade policy. Which, is basically THE basis of pollution with coal plants.

2.) It's actually a great idea to knock off coal plants over a longer span of time because it's pretty much impossible to make them 100% clean because there's still release of carbon dioxide no matter what happens to the sulfur dioxide and other released chemicals.

John McCain's Cap and Trade Policy

John McCain Proposes A Cap-And-Trade System That Would Set Limits On Greenhouse Gas Emissions While Encouraging The Development Of Low-Cost Compliance Options. A climate cap-and-trade mechanism would set a limit on greenhouse gas emissions and allow entities to buy and sell rights to emit, similar to the successful acid rain trading program of the early 1990s. The key feature of this mechanism is that it allows the market to decide and encourage the lowest-cost compliance options.

Edited by meangreendork

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet but I figured it should be.

This was a dirty trick but come on......... In the words of Joe "Bite his tongue" Biden "God love her."

I actually think that she handled that quite well. It's not her job to screen the callers, and she didn't say a single thing that I thought was embarrassing.

Hey conservatives, the next two years will be rough, then elections for the house and senate come up. We can make things right then, that is where the decisions are made anyway. The economic train of the 90's was engineered by Gingrich's "Contract With America", not by the Clintons. So, don't be to down about tomorrow, nothing will change it now, even Michelle Obama whitey bombshell tape. I am looking forward to K Baily Hutchinson becoming the next governor of Texas.

I actually think that she handled that quite well. It's not her job to screen the callers, and she didn't say a single thing that I thought was embarrassing.

You don't find it embarrassing that a random guy with an overly exaggerated French accent asking loaded questions was able to easily pass as French president Nicolas Sarkozy?

I wanna shoot baby seals from a helicopter with you. Sounds like a foreign dignitary to me.....

"What I have said is that, for us to take coal off the table as a ideological matter,as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it "

I can highlight parts of a sentence that's not really even comprehendible too.

Then biden is videoed saying, "No coal plants in America".
That was Biden in 2006, before he was part of the ticket. Obama has never, to my knowledge, changed his stance on the issue. His energy plan is on his website.

It's quite obvious that both of these guys want to punish the current coal industry. And the technology he wants to replace it with isn't any where near ready to do that and is years away. I guess timing will be the greatest factor with all of this in that how long will it take his cap and trade idea to put people out of work in the coal industry compared to how long it will take solar and wind to replace it?

Hey, when we start having rollilng black outs here in Texas and all across the country two, three, four years from now during the summers and you can't afford to cool your house then don't blame the Right.

Yep, that's Obama's plan for the country. Turn off 50% of its power on January 20th. I'm glad you were able to clarify his plan for me.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

It'll be nice at 12:01 on Nov 5th that this thread can finally be locked down.

I hate this time every 4 years ... it brings the worst out in everyone.

unfortunately this s**t won't end until the new president has been sworn in and the lawsuits have ended.

***FLASH***

WEEKLY WORLD NEWS ALIEN ENDORSES MCCAIN!

mccainalien.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - In a shocking reversal, the Alien has switched his endorsement from Barack Obama to John McCain.

With major implications for the U.S. presidential election, political kingmaker the Alien has changed his endorsement amid furor. Both political camps are buzzing about the implications, as the Alien has correctly predicted the winning president in every election for the past 28 years.

Yeah, there are. It won't be possible to take down and replace the hundreds of coal plants in 4 years.

Also thanks for reminding us that Obama's middle name is Hussein. I mean, it's like my last name being Young, just in another country. I mean, I'd say that's trying to remind us Obama's a Muslim, but he's not. And even if he is, is there really a problem with that? The US Armed forces have between 4000 and 12000 Muslim servicemen and women, and some of whom have died overseas. You want to tell them you won't vote for someone because you don't like their middle name?

Yeah, I didn't expect so.

Good grief I didn't type the middle name Hussien but that doesn't stop you from over reacting. LOL! Hilarious! But since we are on the subject, when WILL it be ok to call him by his real name, Hussien? After the election I suppose, then it will be ok for you, right?

Rick

Good grief I didn't type the middle name Hussien but that doesn't stop you from over reacting. LOL! Hilarious! But since we are on the subject, when WILL it be ok to call him by his real name, Hussien? After the election I suppose, then it will be ok for you, right?

Rick

About the only people throwing that in there are people who are pretty far right wing. Seriously. I don't see the "lefties" on GMG doing it, and more often than not, if someone's saying "Barack Hussein Obama" they put extra emphasis on "Hussein". JayDub doesn't do that, I don't do that, Bryan316 doesn't do that, emmitt doesn't do that, JohnDenver doesn't do that, JesseMartin doesn't do that. I'd say it's the far-right wing doing that, and it's generally to link him to being Muslim. I mean, it's why people starting doing it in the first place.

Also, you did a great job of handling everything else. You know, the whole carbon emissions thing, and how McCain also has a policy on it (which is good, and why I was leaning in his direction before, since about 90% of his environmental policy is rather sound), and how the article Palin was going off about had been available in the public domain for months.

Edited by meangreendork

About the only people throwing that in there are people who are pretty far right wing. Seriously. I don't see the "lefties" on GMG doing it, and more often than not, if someone's saying "Barack Hussein Obama" they put extra emphasis on "Hussein". JayDub doesn't do that, I don't do that, Bryan316 doesn't do that, emmitt doesn't do that, JohnDenver doesn't do that, JesseMartin doesn't do that. I'd say it's the far-right wing doing that, and it's generally to link him to being Muslim. I mean, it's why people starting doing it in the first place.

Also, you did a great job of handling everything else. You know, the whole carbon emissions thing, and how McCain also has a policy on it (which is good, and why I was leaning in his direction before, since about 90% of his environmental policy is rather sound), and how the article Palin was going off about had been available in the public domain for months.

Hey, if I have missed something in regards to McCain's carbon emission policy in dealing with coal plants in all of this, then please continue pointing it out. I may not have realized it fully and am willing to learn. But when you have one candidate that has talked so much about bringing about policy's that will negatively affect businesses in this campaign, and then add this above to it, then you can surely realize the reaction.

By the way, not to change the subject of this post, but did you see what Obama just said on the Monday Night Football half time show with Burman? Finally something that came out of his mouth that I agree with 100%.

Chris asked him that if elected President what would he change if he could change ONE thing about sports, and he said without hesitation: "We need a playoff system in college football!"

Now that's the kind of change I could live with right about now.

Rick

It's wishful thinking. If Obama wins, it's by less than 10 electoral votes.

I'm thinking it's gonna be a solid Obama win.

Obama 338

McCain 200

The deal is Obama has way more wiggle room. McCain has a very narrow way to get to 270. Obama has several scenarios. It's conceveable that Obama could get 400+ EV's and make it a landslide if everything rolls his way.

By contrast, if everything goes McCain's way he'd barely eke out a win.

Edited by CMJ