Unt Players Fail Drug Test

Brett Vito

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first to admit that I had my fair share of fun in high school/early college and I realize that this is the pot calling the kettle black...... but anyone that plays Div1 football and cannot pass a piss test during the season is a complete moron.

Edited by Green P1

Guest GrayEagleOne

You are right, of course. The only thing that chaps me is that everyone on the team is now a suspect. The 15 that tested positive take down the 71 that did not. We may not make it an individual stigma but it will forever be a team stigma. The general public will make the condemnation, not the posters on this board.

Ah MedPilot, MedPilot, MedPilot. What you must be thinking back to when your eyes first read this thread.

This may be one of the greatest seasons to ever measure the character of a football program and it's fanbase upon. I mean, outside us finishing 0-12 just about everything that could have happened to this program this year has. APR disasters, injuries, defections and of course the lopsided loses. And yet, the student body erased 50 plus years of apathy with their support for the referendum and we still could manage 15,000 for home attendance if we get about 10K show up for the final home game. North Texas could arguably have the greatest fans around right now if you think about it. And should TD and company turn this thing around in years to come we will look back in amazement in how far we will have come.

Rick

Wow. I guess we can't talk much about the ganja gang down in Austin anymore. Based on the time frame of the tests, it sounds likely that they were using (whatever) during the season or at least during two a days. Don't want the guys doing any kind of drugs, but I sure hope this testing doesn't cause more harm than good. Can't help but wonder if the problem contributed to Dodge's 2-18 record here but who knows. Kind of makes you wonder about a lot of things including the timing of the release. Who knows.

Also I may have missed it but I do not remember Dodge coming supporting the Athletics Fee prior to the vote? Am I wrong?

Also interesting that our fearless leader RV has no comment, finally what response or requirements does the NCAA require as far as suspensions?

I noticed the 4 listed penalties but are those UNT or NCAA guidelines??

Test 100 kids out of the general student population and I guarantee you it will almost double the 17% on the team.

I know that it's around bigtime, but I have a hard time believing that one out of three in the general student population would test positive these days. Back in the 70's yes, but these days I would bet more like that 17% figure. Just a guess of course.