Wow, here we are in the divisional playoffs and there certainly isn't much baseball "cahtter" on the board these days. Just where are all the baseball folks on GMG.COM???? From all the UNT needs baseball stuff that was written a bit ago, I would have thought you basball fans would be all over the board. What, no interest? Just wondering.

I know, you have all turned to soccer for a more exciting sport to watch, right?

My favorite sport is baseball and I watch just about every Rangers game and I have watched most games in the playoffs. I love soccer too and follow it as much as possible. NT needs mens soccer and baseball back with or without the stadium.

I just think all this stadium stuff as been the topic of discussion that even this past weekends game did not get as much pub as before.

I'm a Rangers fan. They did pretty much what I wanted them to. Finish about .500 and develop some talent. I just want them to find some pitching.

I'm also a Mets fan. I have nothing to cheer about.

I don't care who wins so long as Boston loses. At least the Yankees didn't make the playoffs. I guess I'll root for L.A. since they have Torre and ManRay (just to spite NY and Boston).

Quoner...have you changed????? When have you ever NOT jumped right in with a "stupid and obnoxious point"?????? :blink:

OK, couldn't resist that...you left yourself open for that one...JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Quoner...have you changed????? When have you ever NOT jumped right in with a "stupid and obnoxious point"?????? :blink:

OK, couldn't resist that...you left yourself open for that one...JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Your last 20 posts have reminded me of this: http://www.bsideblog.com/2008/04/kristin-w...just-kiddin.php

• Downvote 1

I don't think the Red Sox have a chance to win the series now that it's going back to Tampa. The Rays have played well all year and all postseason and I just don't see the Sox winning 3 games in a row (2 on the road in Tampa) to win the series.

I don't even care.

That was one of the more magical things I've ever seen as a Red Sox fan. I mean it wasn't as stunning as getting Mo Rivera to blow back to back saves(and then Papi with extra inning heroics 2 nights in a row) - but other than that.....

I think that was as amazing as amazing gets.

I don't even care.

That was one of the more magical things I've ever seen as a Red Sox fan. I mean it wasn't as stunning as getting Mo Rivera to blow back to back saves(and then Papi with extra inning heroics 2 nights in a row) - but other than that.....

I think that was as amazing as amazing gets.

Oh no doubt about it. Awesome game. I just don't see them doing that again in Tampa. If you look at the scores from the 2 games the Red Soxs have won, they barely got by.

I'm really just trying to stir up the baseball discussion seeing as how it's been dead on here so far.

Edited by MeanGreengdub

I believe this is true. I heard it on talk radio so it must be.

There are only two MLB teams to have never won a playoff series. The Texas Rangers and the Washington Nationals.

"I am depressed." - Slim Pickens, from Blazing Saddles.

What's sad about that is the Nationals have only been around for a few years and the Rangers have been around since the early 70's.

What's sad about that is the Nationals have only been around for a few years and the Rangers have been around since the early 70's.

They're probably including the time the Nationals were the Expos, right? I don't think Montreal won anything ever.

Edited by CMJ

They're probable including the time the Nationals were the Expos, right? I don't think Montreal won anything ever.

Nope in 81 due to a strike shortened season they had divisional series like they do now. The Expos beat the Philly's in the NLDS that year before losing to the Dodgers in the NLCS.

I'm not confident we'll beat the Rays tommorrow night, much less the Phillies. However, I continue to be in awe at how we stave off elimination.

9-1 now since 2004

2004 really was something magical. When we came from behind and beat the Yanks, then took the WS from Cards in 4...just wow! I stepped outside at the end of each of the 2 deciding games...looked to the sky...and waited for the Russian nukes because I figured this was, indeed, the final sign of the apocalypse..

Tonight, until the last pitch in the 9th...I have the faith. I called the Game 5 win in the top of the 7th (yes, there were witnesses) and I think they can do it again. I'll be curling up with beer and pizza and enjoying playoff baseball...no matter who wins. Now lets just hope the Sox can pull it off. Youk and Pedroia alone have earned it.

If you're watching the game, keep an eye out for Tampa Bay Buccaneers douche behind home plate. He is all over the ump like a super fan, but is the kind of super fan who can't shell out $20 for a t-shirt to firm his commitment to a team that is one win away from the freakin' World Series. What a douche.

• Downvote 1

If you're watching the game, keep an eye out for Tampa Bay Buccaneers douche behind home plate. He is all over the ump like a super fan, but is the kind of super fan who can't shell out $20 for a t-shirt to firm his commitment to a team that is one win away from the freakin' World Series. What a douche.

Does he even have a RayHawK ??

Congrats to the Rays. :)

I'm still as proud as I can be of the Sox for the way we fought back in this series. I'll always remember Game 5.

Fun game if you're bored:

I've been able to convince 4 people that the guy on the left in thefirst picture is William Hung celebrating on the field ala Jimmy Fallon: http://deadspin.com/5065765/the-times-they-are-a+changin

How many can you get?

• Downvote 1