Homecoming

Boomer23

That's a great idea and one I haven't ever even thought of. Any good float makers out there?

How about the Deathmobile from Animal House?

http://www.acmewebpages.com/animal/cars.htm

Seriously though, not sure if there's a "Theme" required for the parade or not. They dont have the entry forms ready on the web-stite yet.

Edited by trud1966

How about the Deathmobile from Animal House?

http://www.acmewebpages.com/animal/cars.htm

Seriously though, not sure if there's a "Theme" required for the parade or not. They dont have the entry forms ready on the web-stite yet.

OK I feel stupid, I think I answered my own question. I guess the theme is "VOTE" Mean Green Nation....

Guest GrayEagleOne

There is a prize for the best float that follows the theme but I believe that anything in good taste is allowable.

I was thinking of a flatbed full of electric fans, hand fans, etc with a placard saying "but the best North Texas fans are found at Go Mean Green.com." Should be relatively inexpensive and easy to construct. Most of us could contribute by bringing our own fans and a small stipend to cover the cost of crepe paper (or whatever decorative materials we chose).

I still have my 'GoMeanGreen.com' t-shirt and several others do as well. Maybe we could do another order for those that don't.

I do think that it would be great publicity.

A stadium float wouldn't be hard.

A flat bed full of empty promises?

Ziiing?

And I'll echo Baby Arm... complete and total asswhip- and that's with the "help" of 20-30 other people. People don't realize how much money and work goes into the floats the fraternities and sororities put together every year. Its a hell of an undertaking.

Talons Alumni,

Be sure to notice October 23rd Anniversary Event

I'm glad I finally stopped by here again after a long absence. Thanks for the info. We'll have to look at the calendar and see if we can make it. We missed last year - the first time ever - and I would hate to miss again, especially with the special anniversary.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I was thinking of a flatbed full of electric fans, hand fans, etc with a placard saying "but the best North Texas fans are found at Go Mean Green.com." Should be relatively inexpensive and easy to construct. Most of us could contribute by bringing our own fans and a small stipend to cover the cost of crepe paper (or whatever decorative materials we chose).

Or maybe not.

good looking site

Eh. The background is too busy, IMO. I keep getting distracted by it. I see the vote thing in the background and I feel like I'm missing out on voting for something important since I can't find a link to vote.

It looks cool, but I keep thinking the page is jacked up cause some webmasters don't code pages for FireFox since the breadcrumb links are off centered from the bullets.

• 1 month later...

Having built a float or two back in the day, I speak from experience....

Building a float is a complete ASS WHIP!! I don't think you are prepared for what you're volunteering

But hey, more power to ya

The last time I built a float...I wound up in the emergency room with a 3 inch industrial staple sticking through the middle finger on my left hand. The big bandage on said middle finger was quite humourous when I waved to the crowd on parade day.

I didn't know this thread existed before I texted Cerebus telling him we needed to build it. It could be like Christopher Walken building Optimus Prime.